RetroPie

Thread: RetroPie

Clubber Lang said:

Default RetroPie

Hi all, has anyone put this on their Pi?

I ordered a Pie 3, 32gb SD and case from Amazon. Cost me £50. Planning to use PS3 controller with it.

After all the fuss about SNES mini i thought I would give this a go and try some of the old games from my youth

evilsatan said:

Default Re: RetroPie

Not the same but I put retroarch on my Amazon fire tv box and bought some game controllers and it works a treat. The PlayStation emus were all a problem though but ePSXe works for those games.

CominAtcha said:

I made a little emulator box for a mate from work using a Pi and Retropie. It did the job just fine. Loaded the thing with SNES, Megadrive and Neo Geo games. He didn't even know you could do that and was chuffed to bits.

Mystical_2K said:

Yeah i've used RetroPie a few times, very easy to setup and get up and running quickly.

I ended up loading all the roms onto my NAS and setting up RetroPie to load the roms from an SMB share.
    Fairly straight forward to do, i can then access the roms from all my Pi's in the house and I only have to update the roms on the server and then they all get access to them
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Clownfish said:

Lakka is another option based upon RetroArch and has Raspi builds.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Ganty said:

Retropi is ace, my only gripe is the scraper for ROM info can be incredibly slow. If you're not bothered about that sort if thing then go for it.

Also, great controller support. I use a Pie 3 with a wireless ps3 controller, or use a USB arcade stick for the games that warrant it.

chizh said:

Built my own tabletop arcade machine last year with a Pi3. Great project to occupy some time.
    Roms on a usb for ease of update. Rather than a complete library of games I just selected a couple dozen favorites. Retropie and EmulationStation work pretty well together.
    Also added a few 8 and 16 bit games too.

purpleanimal23 said:

Stupid question time, where do you get your ROMS? I am OK at sourcing most other stuff but I can never seem to find a reliable way of getting roms

chizh said:

newsgroups for collections or emuparadise for single roms for me.

Mystical_2K said:

you can usually find torrents that contain them quite easily, check the usual sites
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.