Chernobyl and Pripyat

Thread: Chernobyl and Pripyat

peterc4 said:

Default Chernobyl and Pripyat

A couple of pics from a trip to Chernobyl and Pripyat, to many to post full set at link below..

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by peterc4; 1 Week Ago at 08:48 PM.
    see my website at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

CallmeGoose said:

Default Re: Chernobyl and Pripyat

Wow. I take it you had a geiger counter and aren't glowing at the moment?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

beansontoast said:

Great photos mate. I went in 2012 only had a snapshot camera and it developed a fault, no pun intended.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Mystical_2K said:

Great pics, somewhere I have always wanted to go but its a hard sell to the Mrs.
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

{{909}} said:

cool shots, I was really keen on going here after playing modern warfare, whenever that came out.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

peterc4 said:

Great photos mate. I went in 2012 only had a snapshot camera and it developed a fault, no pun intended.
    What was your highlight mate mine was the rooftops along with the hospital

peterc4 said:

Wow. I take it you had a geiger counter and aren't glowing at the moment?
    The geiger wasnt very happy at certain places

dpSparhawk said:

Awesome. I really do want to visit there some time. Just trying to sell that to the other half would be an epic fail from the start. Even if I were to go, she probably wouldn't let me back in the house when I got back
    Last edited by dpSparhawk; 1 Week Ago at 01:18 PM.

beansontoast said:

Quote Originally Posted by peterc4 View Post
    What was your highlight mate mine was the rooftops along with the hospital
    Walking through the fairground and then to the football pitch completely taken over by tall trees

CallmeGoose said:

How did you go about organising that mate? Travel company and what precautions did you need to take when you were there besides the obvious?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

beansontoast said:

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post
    cool shots, I was really keen on going here after playing modern warfare, whenever that came out.
    I was looking around and easily recognising some of the scenery that was used such as the building that was used for shooting the sniper rifle ("coriolis effect"), the fun fair and the swimming pool. So many places have been stripped by metal thieves or had scenes set up like gas masks strewn around the school. I really enjoyed the visit

akimba said:

I think fav photo is the gas masks on the floor and a couple of doll legs? As beans said I sure this is not orig but still effective and powerful pic ;-)

digidude said:

Great pics. As the old joke goes will 'cher-nob-yl fall off? ..... hopefully not. 😃

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk