We went to visit a house, we were aware it was fitted with a Back Boiler in the lounge and a water tank for the heating systems.

We knocked a few K off the asking an it was accepted. We've had surveys done, and surveys state that the heating system is over 15 years old, with no certificates for safety at all. At a minimum it will require a flush and a inhibitor fitting.

In all honestly, our plans were to rip it out and fit a new Combi Boiler.

In addition, there is no electrical certificates for the property, and they've had some minor electrical work done (additional lighting circuit and spur socket).

There is some re-flashing work required to the chimney breast and some new rear elevation ridges tiles require pointing.

Now, I'm not arsed about the flashing and the ridge tile re-pointing as that's pretty minor. But I do feel that they should have both an electrical and gas safety certificates.

I'm tempted to say, in order to get a gas cert, you'll need to have a flush and some work done, so to save you that hassle just knock some money off due to the requirement for a new combi boiler and the electrics, I would either insist they present, due to the work they've done, or knock off the cost of a electrical inspection, as I'm going to do some work anyway (more sockets etc)

What would generally be the etiquette or right thing to do?

I only knocked £3k of asking ( house was up for 10 days at the time), and I know she's had an offer accepted on her new house, which she won't want to risk falling through if we pull out?

Advice would be great chaps.