Close

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Help The Energy Advice Group (eag)

Hi Chaps,
    anyone ever heard of this group?

Had a guy knock the door, touting "Government schemes" for a replacement boiler.

Their claim is that "A more efficient heating system for the money you are already spending"

Now as it happens, my Worcester Bosh is ages old and at last inspection the Engineer advised that the parts for it were becoming impossible to source, hence my interest in what he had to say.

I'm guessing that this is effectively a repayment plan, with the payments comprised of the savings made between old inefficient boiler and new shiny one - with interest

That doesn't interest me - but a replacement boiler does.

Problem is, I can't find any info on this company (Other that they've been in business for under a year) There are no reviews, their website is a generic one with no links, or testimonies. The leaflet blurb he left me has no phone number and the website phone number is disconnected.

Just seems odd to me. I appreciate they're a start up, but the lack of info or background is concerning. There's supposed to be a surveyor coming round tomorrow and I'm inclined to fuck him off in advance, but thought I'd ask on here first

just wondered if any of you guys had heard of them?

Thanks

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: The Energy Advice Group (eag)

Quote Originally Posted by I Black Belt View Post
    Hi Chaps,
    anyone ever heard of this group?

Had a guy knock the door, touting "Government schemes" for a replacement boiler.

Their claim is that "A more efficient heating system for the money you are already spending"

Now as it happens, my Worcester Bosh is ages old and at last inspection the Engineer advised that the parts for it were becoming impossible to source, hence my interest in what he had to say.

I'm guessing that this is effectively a repayment plan, with the payments comprised of the savings made between old inefficient boiler and new shiny one - with interest

That doesn't interest me - but a replacement boiler does.

Problem is, I can't find any info on this company (Other that they've been in business for under a year) There are no reviews, their website is a generic one with no links, or testimonies. The leaflet blurb he left me has no phone number and the website phone number is disconnected.

Just seems odd to me. I appreciate they're a start up, but the lack of info or background is concerning. There's supposed to be a surveyor coming round tomorrow and I'm inclined to fuck him off in advance, but thought I'd ask on here first

just wondered if any of you guys had heard of them?

Thanks
    That sound's bad!

Cheapreefer on instagram

Thanks to ss30

I Black Belt (22nd November 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not posting about the company, but we have a Wocester Bosch boiler with a service contract from British Gas. We also had a warning about parts not being available due to the age of the boiler (It's a 25SI I think). We entertained quotes for a new boiler and had 1 from an approved Worcester Bosch fitter (which was much cheaper than BG), but he was sure all parts were still available for our model and rang Worcester Bosch and confirmed this was the case. British Gas were trying some dirty tactics to tempt us into a new boiler, so this may be the same situation for you.

Thanks to cassy34

I Black Belt (22nd November 2017)  

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ss30 View Post
    That sound's bad!
    Agreed, It's sent my spider sense all tingly, but I just wanted a bit of advice from the group

Thanks
    Karma Level

Always be wary when a company does not display their full company address and company number on their website, as legally they should. It's the first thing I look for on any company website if I've never heard of them.

2 Thanks given to CzarJunkie

Bald Bouncer (22nd November 2017),  I Black Belt (22nd November 2017)