Close

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    DF VIP Member
    ilscuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    4,491
    Thanks
    1,334
    Thanked:        1,124
    Karma Level
    515

    Default Anyone use Now Tv for broadband only?

    Looking for broadband only deal when i move house soon, TalkTalk and Sly are definite no no's so does anyone use Now TV?

    Their deals are...

    NOW TV Combo: Unlimited Fibre Broadband with Entertainment Pass & Phone 12 month broadband discount

    26.99 p/m

    Unlimited reliable fibre Broadband.
    11 top pay TV channels including Sky Atlantic
    Over 250 box sets on demand
    12 months discounted Broadband
    12 broadband activation fee discount

    Or...

    NOW TV Combo: Unlimited Broadband with Entertainment Pass & Phone 12 month broadband discount.

    19.99 p/m

    Unlimited reliable Broadband
    11 top pay TV channels including Sky Atlantic
    Over 250 box sets on demand
    12 months discounted TV
    12 broadband activation fee discount.

  2. #2
    DF General DogsBody
    Mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Digital Forums
    Posts
    16,486
    Thanks
    1,559
    Thanked:        1,817
    Karma Level
    1213

    Default Re: Anyone use Now Tv for broadband only?

    Did you know that Now TV is part of sly ? So their broadband is what you will get with sly
    and the speeds are pretty poor for broadband

    38Mb
    (up to*) speed unlimited downloads

    12 month contract

    or the cheaper one is only 17mb

    17Mb (up to*) speedunlimited downloads

    12 month contract

    12 month broadband discount (worth ?83.88)

    ?19.99 per month
    ?10.00 setup cost


    I would look at BT myself
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  3. #3
    DF Jedi ss30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    4,864
    Thanks
    318
    Thanked:        559
    Karma Level
    502

    Default Re: Anyone use Now Tv for broadband only?

    Also "11 top pay TV channels including Sky Atlantic" costs 6,99 a month so it's a penny more.

  4. #4
    DF VIP Member
    ilscuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    4,491
    Thanks
    1,334
    Thanked:        1,124
    Karma Level
    515

    Default Re: Anyone use Now Tv for broadband only?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Did you know that Now TV is part of sly ? So their broadband is what you will get with sly
    and the speeds are pretty poor for broadband

    38Mb
    (up to*) speed unlimited downloads

    12 month contract

    or the cheaper one is only 17mb

    17Mb (up to*) speedunlimited downloads

    12 month contract

    12 month broadband discount (worth ?83.88)

    ?19.99 per month
    ?10.00 setup cost


    I would look at BT myself
    The problem with BT is you have to tie yourself in with them for 18 months and the setup fee they charge can be between 30 and 70 quid, unless i'm reading it wrong.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  5. #5
    DF General DogsBody
    Mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Digital Forums
    Posts
    16,486
    Thanks
    1,559
    Thanked:        1,817
    Karma Level
    1213

    Default Re: Anyone use Now Tv for broadband only?

    Put your details in uswitch (post code) there is monthly contract ones at 75 meg for around that price.
    You don't need any of the TV now TV things as its freely available in the right places
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  6. #6
    DF VIP Member stevo25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    grim north
    Posts
    3,334
    Thanks
    1,390
    Thanked:        691
    Karma Level
    429

    Default Re: Anyone use Now Tv for broadband only?

    A mate at work was cold called by BT he was a sky customer. They offered him a 30 day rolling contract for free broadband, only pay line rental. he gets 16.5mb so hes happy enough not to go for fibre. I wonder if this is a deal they will roll out?

  7. #7
    DF Jedi broona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,330
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked:        42
    Karma Level
    280

    Default Re: Anyone use Now Tv for broadband only?

    I've got Now TV unlimited fibre, had it a few weeks now, it's exactly the same as the Sky unlimited fibre, even down to the fact that the Sky router worked perfectly after I'd been transferred over to Now TV, my new router appears to be a rebadged SR102.

    It's all been good so far, and for around ?20 a month all in, it does what I need it to.

  8. #8
    DF VIP Member
    ilscuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    4,491
    Thanks
    1,334
    Thanked:        1,124
    Karma Level
    515

    Default Re: Anyone use Now Tv for broadband only?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Put your details in uswitch (post code) there is monthly contract ones at 75 meg for around that price.
    You don't need any of the TV now TV things as its freely available in the right places
    That's with TalkTalk though, and i don't want them they have pissed me about since July at my current address, charging me 50 quid a month for terrible speeds, and a dodgy tv box, i'm going to cancel my DD with them when i move to try to get some money back off them.

  9. #9
    DF General DogsBody
    Mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Digital Forums
    Posts
    16,486
    Thanks
    1,559
    Thanked:        1,817
    Karma Level
    1213

    Default Re: Anyone use Now Tv for broadband only?

    Quote Originally Posted by ilscuro View Post
    That's with TalkTalk though, and i don't want them they have pissed me about since July at my current address, charging me 50 quid a month for terrible speeds, and a dodgy tv box, i'm going to cancel my DD with them when i move to try to get some money back off them.
    SSE and a few others do a 1 month sub

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    like I said put your deets in the postcode finder and it will show you all the deals out there
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  10. #10
    DF Moderator piggzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,167
    Thanks
    2,688
    Thanked:        1,395
    Karma Level
    254

    Default Re: Anyone use Now Tv for broadband only?

    Am also looking for new deals on my BB as now out of contract. I was looking around and some good deals on Plusnet but I was with them previously and although the BB is fantastic if you touch the telephone your Bill doubles and I CANNOT get the other half to not do that, so not an option for me.

    Anyway as I was browsing I saw a very good deal for the top (BT Based) fibre, the 80MB Deal, unlimited use, including line rental, and including Evening and Weekend calls for about ?30 ish off the top of my head from John Lewis.
    I thought John Lewis , fuck that what do they know about BB, small print said it is provided by Plusnet, so in my mind, plusnet service at a much lower price than direct with plusnet. Thinking about signing up in the next couple of weeks.

  11. #11
    DF VIP Member
    ilscuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    4,491
    Thanks
    1,334
    Thanked:        1,124
    Karma Level
    515

    Default Re: Anyone use Now Tv for broadband only?

    Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Am also looking for new deals on my BB as now out of contract. I was looking around and some good deals on Plusnet but I was with them previously and although the BB is fantastic if you touch the telephone your Bill doubles and I CANNOT get the other half to not do that, so not an option for me.

    Anyway as I was browsing I saw a very good deal for the top (BT Based) fibre, the 80MB Deal, unlimited use, including line rental, and including Evening and Weekend calls for about ?30 ish off the top of my head from John Lewis.
    I thought John Lewis , fuck that what do they know about BB, small print said it is provided by Plusnet, so in my mind, plusnet service at a much lower price than direct with plusnet. Thinking about signing up in the next couple of weeks.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], and it is provided by Plusnet.

  12. #12
    DF PlaYa trueblue924's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    yorkshire
    Posts
    947
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked:        142
    Karma Level
    247

    Default Re: Anyone use Now Tv for broadband only?

    be careful with john lewis i know on there standard bb they have network management not sure about there fibre,

  13. #13
    DF General DogsBody
    Mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Digital Forums
    Posts
    16,486
    Thanks
    1,559
    Thanked:        1,817
    Karma Level
    1213

    Default Re: Anyone use Now Tv for broadband only?

    Quote Originally Posted by trueblue924 View Post
    be careful with john lewis i know on there standard bb they have network management not sure about there fibre,
    Speeds
    Download
    Up to 17 Mb

    This is an 'up to' speed.
    Upload
    Up to 1 Mb

    This speed related to how quickly you can upload files.
    Traffic management may apply.
    Usage limit
    Truly Unlimited

    "Truly unlimited" broadband is perfect for heavy downloaders, student households or families sharing their connection because it does not apply either a fair usage policy or traffic management. This lets you download as much as you want, whenever you want, with your broadband speed acting as the only restricting factor. Some packages offer "unlimited broadband" without a fair usage policy but with traffic management to make sure that very heavy downloaders do not affect your connection at peak times.
    Excess Usage


    If you exceed the usage limit, John Lewis will notify you by email and you will be charged ?5 for every additional 5GB of usage


    got that from the compare site once I entered my postcode, the ?5 per 5 meg is a deal breaker if I was going for that option. Looks like there is no excessive usage on the 38m fibre from what I can see
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  14. #14
    DF Moderator piggzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,167
    Thanks
    2,688
    Thanked:        1,395
    Karma Level
    254

    Default Re: Anyone use Now Tv for broadband only?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Speeds
    Download
    Up to 17 Mb

    This is an 'up to' speed.
    Upload
    Up to 1 Mb

    This speed related to how quickly you can upload files.
    Traffic management may apply.
    Usage limit
    Truly Unlimited

    "Truly unlimited" broadband is perfect for heavy downloaders, student households or families sharing their connection because it does not apply either a fair usage policy or traffic management. This lets you download as much as you want, whenever you want, with your broadband speed acting as the only restricting factor. Some packages offer "unlimited broadband" without a fair usage policy but with traffic management to make sure that very heavy downloaders do not affect your connection at peak times.
    Excess Usage


    If you exceed the usage limit, John Lewis will notify you by email and you will be charged ?5 for every additional 5GB of usage


    got that from the compare site once I entered my postcode, the ?5 per 5 meg is a deal breaker if I was going for that option. Looks like there is no excessive usage on the 38m fibre from what I can see
    Yeah looked on the website and as you say it Traffic shaping does not seems to apply to fibre. Same as plusnet which I previously had and cant see it being any different for resellers. Might take a punt after xmas just incase there are some January offers about ;-)

    Edit: To add it is basically same package as Plusnet for a bit less but includes eve + weekend calls (which plusnet charge for), so factoring that in it is sort of ?15 a month cheaper.

Social Networking Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •