Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Buy/Sell ?74 worth of Crypto and get ?7 worth of Bitcoin

Bear with me here - i'm pretty new to Crypto mining, buying/selling etc. I have been looking into it and how to take advantage of new sign up offers etc, so:

• if you buy or sell ?74 worth of Bitcoin, Ethereum or Litecoin we will both get ?7 worth of Bitcoin.

This is from the Coinbase website and my referral link is:

https://www.coinbase.com/join/5a22719b9bca3b00fce8edd5

Speaking to some colleagues and looking at the markets, this is what i did with my initial investment:

Set up a coinbase account - Coinbase - Buy/Sell Digital Currency

Bought ?100 worth of ETH and got my free ?7 of BTC.

Set up a Binance account ({{webtitle}} - {{'binancetitle'| T}}) and after transferring the ETH accross purchased 'IOTA' coin.

I then setup a wallet to look after the funds, again more useful links:

Releases ? iotaledger/wallet ? GitHub

Download Wallet and Login ? IOTA Guide and FAQ

Apparently IOTA is the 'big thing' - but of course this is pure speculation, but if it goes the way of BTC?! This isn't as complicated as it sounds and there is a very helpful guide here if you do get stuck:

How to Buy IOTA - Step by Step

I spent ?100 this morning, got almost ?8 bonus in BTC using a friends referral link and my IOTA wallet is already showing $154 (note that is $ not ?).

If anyone wants to chance their arm, use my referral link, then post yours and then next person gives you a bonus etc etc etc, that way everyone gets a bit of a bonus.

I know this may read like spam, but it isn't! I've spent the day going through all this and writing this mini-guide to help others. Hope this helps
    Last edited by ivrytwr3; 3rd December 2017 at 05:42 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Buy/Sell ?74 worth of Crypto and get ?7 worth of Bitcoin

There is a new airdrop and you can get 4000 Rebellious coins (based off Ethereum), currently worth about $76 now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_te1...ature=youtu.be

https://www.rebellious.io/airdrop-forms/

If no-one is interested in crypto i'll stop posting here.

Thanks to ivrytwr3

piggzy (5th December 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Will have a look later tonight at this, cheers.

At the mo for me I am finding good results mining XMR (Monero), will be withdrawing some more mined funds to my trading account later tonight / tomorrow.

I am buying KMD, NEO, OMG, XMR + a few others I forget. Enjoying learning. Have found a good facebook group for learning as to be honest most of them are just full of spam and other shit but the one I now use is modded/run very well to keep it spam and bullshit free.

Thanks to piggzy

ivrytwr3 (5th December 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've got a bit in BTC and IOTA and hoping for some of these Rebl coins for free! But very new to crypto atm (no mining just buying!)

Thanks to ivrytwr3

piggzy (5th December 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ivrytwr3 View Post
    I've got a bit in BTC and IOTA and hoping for some of these Rebl coins for free! But very new to crypto atm (no mining just buying!)
    Yeah I am mostly buying / trading but enjoy to dabble a little in mining.. very little profit but what can I say... I am a geek at times
    If you do dabble in trading I would recommend hitBTC as the exchange to use for margin and low volume trading. It has very low fees for this purpose.

Thanks to piggzy

ivrytwr3 (5th December 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Piggzy, your guy just put it out that BAT is one of the coins likely to be added to Coinbase in the New Year.

It's cheap enough atm to take a punt on!

2 Thanks given to ivrytwr3

Mystical_2K (18th December 2017),  piggzy (18th December 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ivrytwr3 View Post
    Piggzy, your guy just put it out that BAT is one of the coins likely to be added to Coinbase in the New Year.

It's cheap enough atm to take a punt on!
    Just been riding the high and lows of BCN & XDN.. decent profits just getting in and out of them 2 :-) XDN has just gone up about 200% in the last 3 days. Wasnt quick enough getting in on that one but hey ho. Next time..

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I've gone with BitCoin and LiteCoin and am currently making a lose. Not a big one, but feels it's going in the wrong direction.

I'll wait it out and see what happens... if you are jumping on it now, I think you've missed the biggest of the recent profits, the beginning was around October for BitCoin's massive profit increases, but those in the know seem to be whispering that it could, over the next few months increase to ?30k per BitCoin.... but I'd take that with a pinch of salt.

Invest if you don't mind losing out. Don't go mad and only gamble what you can afford! Just saying.
    I find it exciting know either I'll lose ?100 or not have to pay for a holiday next year!

Thanks to DejaVu

piggzy (18th December 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DejaVu View Post
    Invest if you don't mind losing out. Don't go mad and only gamble what you can afford! Just saying.
    I find it exciting know either I'll lose ?100 or not have to pay for a holiday next year!
    Nail on the head. Don't invest your months wage but a bit of surplus that the Mrs knows nothing about (yet).
    I have tripled my investment so far and I by no means think I am an expert. I think my OCD helps me to not be too frivolous or maybe I have just been very lucky/timed things right . I am still learning and have missed a few timing badly, if I hadn't I wouldn't have just tripled my investment but it would be ten fold. (Probably my OCD working the other way)
    I was too late on Litecoin ( made some but a fraction of what others made )
    Just missed out on XDN & BCN ( again made 25%, others made 150% )
    Same story for NEO, OMG, OPT, & others but on the other hand my losses have been outweighed by my gains so I am not pissed off but learning from my reluctance I suppose.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I had ?500 spare so i bought some Bitcoin, Litecoin and Etherium, spread out evenly, but with Coinbase's charges i've been running at a loss for a few weeks but as of tonight i'm now ?10 in profit, that's mainly due to the current rise in Etherium.

Thanks
    Karma Level

You wont lose for long !!!!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    You wont lose for long !!!!
    After some losses Litecoin and Etherium have really shot up, as of this morning i'm ?30 up

I'm tempted to invest another ?500

What would your advice be @piggzy? Spread it over the 3 currencies, or just buy one? Cheers

EDIT anyone know why the pound sign no longer works on the forum?
    Last edited by ilscuro; 19th December 2017 at 09:04 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ilscuro View Post
    After some losses Litecoin and Etherium have really shot up, as of this morning i'm ?30 up

I'm tempted to invest another ?500

What would your advice be @piggzy? Spread it over the 3 currencies, or just buy one? Cheers

EDIT anyone know why the pound sign no longer works on the forum?
    I would spread it. I find it safer. The pound sign has been fucked since the upgrade for some reason.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Me and a friend of mine are trying to get into some of these currencies, obviously a lot of reading is taking place but so far struggling with the ID Verification on coinbase which has delayed me a few days.
    Really appreciate you guys putting some info up as it helps us noobs to know where to look.
    We are looking to invest about ?1,000 between us and probably going to spread it over Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_2K View Post
    Me and a friend of mine are trying to get into some of these currencies, obviously a lot of reading is taking place but so far struggling with the ID Verification on coinbase which has delayed me a few days.
    Really appreciate you guys putting some info up as it helps us noobs to know where to look.
    We are looking to invest about ?1,000 between us and probably going to spread it over Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum
    Yes I struggle with ID verification as I lost my driving license and my Passport expired. I have been procrastinating getting a new license and we plan to move and would end up doing it twice ...
    Anyway for this reason I use hitBTC and Cryptopia as no verification is required. This means however that you cannot buy the initial coin through them. So you buy your initial Bitcoin through any other means and then transfer it to your hitBTC/Cryptopia wallet and start trading from there. Google will show you loads of methods to buy BTC using bank transfer/Pingit etc. Without ID though you are at first limited to from memory ?100-?200 per day , this increases as they see you are a legit purchaser.

Maybe I should just sort my Driving License out. :-) Although I don't really want to verify ID to be honest.

Thanks to piggzy

Mystical_2K (19th December 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_2K View Post
    I struggled with that too, almost gave up at one point, in the end it just accepted my passport and driving license, even though it was rejecting them earlier.

2 Thanks given to ilscuro

Mystical_2K (19th December 2017),  piggzy (19th December 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ilscuro View Post
    I struggled with that too, almost gave up at one point, in the end it just accepted my passport and driving license, even though it was rejecting them earlier.
    Well it finally told me it had failed earlier, then scanned the same driving licence again and its now been accepted.
    I have purchased some Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum - ?450 worth spread between the 3
    Gonna give it a week or so and see where we are at and then decide which I will be investing more in.
    Appreciate all the advice so far guys
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks to Mystical_2K

piggzy (19th December 2017)