Close

View Poll Results: How would you vote today if there was another referendum?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would still vote leave

33 47.83%
  • I would still vote remain

24 34.78%
  • I would change my vote from leave to remain

5 7.25%
  • I would change my vote from remain to leave

1 1.45%
  • I couldn't give a toss

6 8.70%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: What if we could vote for Brexit again?

Quote Originally Posted by Lestronics View Post
    The EU would still want trade deals with us regardless, there economy's need us, just as we need them, but they seem to be holding the cards and were folding, just like a game of poker !.
    We need to remember that the EU is 28 independent countries, each with the same voting power. If Slovenia, Croatia, Poland, Estonia etc.. decide to say 'No' then there is fuck all that Germany, France, Italy etc.. can do about it, regardless of how many cars or tons of cheese they sell us. All it took to stall the Canada trade deal was a province in Belgium saying 'No'.

In the grand scheme of things we no longer matter, they've moved on and are planning everything based on a 2019 exit.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

2 Thanks given to GTI

Bald Bouncer (15th December 2017),  BertRoot (15th December 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

To be honest I now think there is no choice but to leave now even if they announced a u turn/second referendum etc
    If we were to go back now the EU would continue to punish the UK anyway and it would no longer have a voice even within the EU as a member.
    They fucking hate us with a passion now for rocking the EU boat and an example will be made of us in or out.

Who was it who called the vote again ? Bet he feels a proper cunt right now.

Edit:

This all reminds me of playing Civilization VI whilst pissed, you suddenly realize you are losing, badly then you see you have no money in the treasury because you were too much of a pleb to sort out any trade convoys, you also have fuck all of an internal economy or infrastructure because you were too busy trying to attack cities with a bunch of pikemen and archers.
    Last edited by piggzy; 15th December 2017 at 08:21 PM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    To be honest I now think there is no choice but to leave now even if they announced a u turn/second referendum etc
    If we were to go back now the EU would continue to punish the UK anyway and it would no longer have a voice even within the EU as a member.
    They fucking hate us with a passion now for rocking the EU boat and an example will be made of us in or out.

Who was it who called the vote again ? Bet he feels a proper cunt right now.
    Yeah i bet he's crying into his Martini on some Caribbean island

Thanks to ilscuro

piggzy (15th December 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

The most hated man within the EU club is Farage ! We need him to lead and fight for the UK in the negotiations, not that useless bitch and the rest of her fuckwits !

Interesting to see and I know it's early yet in this poll, but the still vote to leave is ahead and the change my vote to remain is currently only 1 despite all the doom and gloom that's constantly bantered around .......

Thanks
    Karma Level

I say this in a light hearted internet voice....But some of you brexitiers are nuts lol. Let's say the EU as a group say balls to them brits No deal !! So wto - both sides loose. The UK has 43% (ish) of her exports to the EU basically become more expensive so you could bank on other members of the EU making the "product or service" cheaper thus costing the Uk in trade and/or jobs.
    So for our part we charge THEM wto rates as is the norm.....THEY produce stuff that we don't/can't or certainly at the moment are in no position to produce....so our prices rise while we secure cheaper stuff from elsewhere....That will HURT. Remember we export the 43% they export about 2% give or take. Lets just say the EU think ok we have 1 trillion in reserves.....if we just totally exclude the UK trade wise for the next 5 year AND nudge other countries that they "may" find trading within the EU difficult if they give the UK a trade deal......2% V 43%....who's going to feel the pinch more ? Who's going to be the biggest boy in the playground ? Who will the USA want to deal with ? Canada ? China ? As far as I can see the EU isa bigger market place than the UK especially a UK without ANY access to the EU market.
    Now I am british and writing this stuff depresses the shit out of me BUT if I were an influential european then yes I would be well up for cutting all sully lines to the uk with a long term view of getting the UK back into line in the long term future. Funny enough even as a remain voting brit I would not be happy with that outcome at all.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lestronics View Post
    The most hated man within the EU club is Farage ! We need him to lead and fight for the UK in the negotiations, not that useless bitch and the rest of her fuckwits !

Interesting to see and I know it's early yet in this poll, but the still vote to leave is ahead and the change my vote to remain is currently only 1 despite all the doom and gloom that's constantly bantered around .......
    When he wins enough votes to win a single seat in parliament then he will possibly be in a position to speak with a modicum of power. He has tried a few times now....Everyone calls Corbyn a cun't ect...but he is a multi time elected cunt by the majority of his constituents....unlike Farage or UKIP in general who have never won even one seat in the UK parliament. TBH it's beyond me how or why they get any airtime.....if it went by vote representation then we should be seeing the greens get about 20 hours a week tv coverage when you see how much UKIP and farage get.....But then I'm biased coz I think he's a pleb lol.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm quite surprised by the Poll result so far. All be it only a snap shot of DF members I would have guessed remain would have won a second vote given what we we've seen so far. Vince Cable and his Exit From Brexit group need to do more if they cant even swing a DF poll.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    What truly sickens me is that Tory infighting and cronyism is what is driving the future of our nation, not the interests of its citizens. (Lib/Lab/SNP) to properly represent us?
    It's not only that, it's blatant lies and spin coming from our media i.e The BBC and Paul Dacre and his cronies.
    I understand and accept that some people hold opinions that are different to my own. Living in a free and democratic society, I fully embrace and respect their right to be wrong.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I voted leave, and would do so again. When looking past all of the lies, posturing and misdirection, it still feels like the right decision to me.

What I have been surprised by, is the sheer magnitude of incompetence that the government has shown during the process!

That said, watching the Tories tear themselves apart has been massive fun to watch.

3 Thanks given to flumperino

MHP (21st December 2017),  mij (19th December 2017),  Mobileman (21st December 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I looked at that poll twice and i cannot believe the current standings.

So in Canada, the arent too many rights for people compared to Europe but still a lot better then America.

Couple of quick examples -

- Most employers (regardless of industry) give you 2 weeks annual leave, and then (depending on your employer) you get an extra week after 3 to 5 years. I have 2 techs under me who have been here 19 and 20 years who still get 2 weeks a year.
    - Employers can pay you by cheque and not direct deposit leaving it on you to figure out how you are going to deposit it
    - You are given 3-5 sick days a year, anymore you have to use your annual leave days or not get paid
    - If you work in IT, you are not sanctioned to stop at 37.5 hours a week. You will be expected to do unpaid overtime (i did this for 2 years straight both as a tech and a manager)
    - 99% of employers have mandatory overtime (paid or not is upto the employer). Don't wanna do it? Don't come in tomorrow.
    - The big ISPS collude together to fix cable and tv prices (never been challenged by the Canadian government)
    - You can be fired on the spot and depending on the circumstances you would be ineligible for the Canadian equivalent of job seekers allowance
    - The Canadian airlines also don't compete against each other. It is cheaper for me to fly to England on a hour 7 hour flight then a local 5 hour flight to Vancouver
    - Banks do not compete against each other. I pay for the privilege to use a bank account. I would use a credit union but good lucking find a cash machine without being bummed on fees (no Link equivalent here)
    - Politics are super corrupt. You guys have not seen shit yet.

You guys don't realize how good you have it with the E.U. Once your out, be ready to loose a lot off the perks, say good bye to foreign investment, competition, legislation and watch the price for everything to rise.
    Yeah you get a little bit of sovereignty but Britain is not the big player it was back in the days of the empire (which they also lost) . Get the fuck out of that country before its too late.

5 Thanks given to Sanj[UK]

Argyll (18th December 2017),  Bald Bouncer (18th December 2017),  DavidF (18th December 2017),  Ganty (31st December 2017),  GTI (18th December 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah you get a little bit of sovereignty but Britain is not the big player it was back in the days of the empire (which they also lost) . Get the fuck out of that country before its too late.

And THIS was the main reason why I voted remain.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sanj[UK] View Post
    Get the fuck out of that country before its too late.
    I'm currently in the process of applying for dual Irish citizenship. Thank god for my Irish grandparents.
    I understand and accept that some people hold opinions that are different to my own. Living in a free and democratic society, I fully embrace and respect their right to be wrong.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Argyll View Post
    I'm currently in the process of applying for dual Irish citizenship. Thank god for my Irish grandparents.
    I was really surprised how many other European countries offer passports if you can jump through the hoops required. Most only require evidence of living in the country for a number of years along with the language.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Argyll View Post
    Can I ask , what you voted in the independence referendum?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by JonEp View Post
    I was really surprised how many other European countries offer passports if you can jump through the hoops required. Most only require evidence of living in the country for a number of years along with the language.
    I first need to register my birth then I can apply for dual nationality. If it were my parents and not my grandparents I would apply directly.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wow a good percentage here are leavers and still are.
    Kudos for sticking to your guns. I started as a Leaver changed my mind 10 times then decided I could not vote in good faith due to the lies from both sides.
    It is bullshit to attempt to claim that the leave vote were the bullshitters as the remoaners attempt at every opportunity.
    Be honest. Bullshit was spouted from every politician on either side.

Where do I stand now. Just as unsure as during the actual vote. Well during the vote I swung from leave to remain but now after everything I am seeing from the process I would probably sway leave (not because it is a good idea). The EU is a fucking joke.
    Yes we should have stayed imho but I am spitting the dummy right now over the way these ultra privileged cunts are behaving.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes we should have stayed imho but I am spitting the dummy right now over the way these ultra privileged cunts are behaving.
    Thing is even if/when we leave do you REALLY think it will trouble or cost the so called "elite" a shiny penny ? I don't think so, In fact I would gamble that the so called elite have already made whatever arrangements that are required to maintain "their status quo" - Im not even on about soft brexit or hard brexit or any of that shit......What does Brexit do to the elite ? Less than fuck all........What will it do to the plebs (That's us lol).....Well we will find prices rising and wages stagnating and all the while the very problems we hated and blamed the eu for will continue to exist (Housing, Wages, NHS, Education)....it's all still their and they are all still huge issues - Neither staying in nor leaving are going to help any of that shit.
    Funny enough NI who voted leave may well end up the most prosperous area of the UK if they can play their cards right.

Thanks to DavidF

beansontoast (30th December 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    Thing is even if/when we leave do you REALLY think it will trouble or cost the so called "elite" a shiny penny ? I don't think so, In fact I would gamble that the so called elite have already made whatever arrangements that are required to maintain "their status quo" - Im not even on about soft brexit or hard brexit or any of that shit......What does Brexit do to the elite ? Less than fuck all........What will it do to the plebs (That's us lol).....Well we will find prices rising and wages stagnating and all the while the very problems we hated and blamed the eu for will continue to exist (Housing, Wages, NHS, Education)....it's all still their and they are all still huge issues - Neither staying in nor leaving are going to help any of that shit.
    Funny enough NI who voted leave may well end up the most prosperous area of the UK if they can play their cards right.
    You're absolutely right but as I said I was just having a dummy spit :-)
    In or out we will be punished now. We have been a naughty boy and we are about to be spanked, and spanked hard.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    I say this in a light hearted internet voice....But some of you brexitiers are nuts lol. Let's say the EU as a group say balls to them brits No deal !! So wto - both sides loose. The UK has 43% (ish) of her exports to the EU basically become more expensive so you could bank on other members of the EU making the "product or service" cheaper thus costing the Uk in trade and/or jobs.
    So for our part we charge THEM wto rates as is the norm.....THEY produce stuff that we don't/can't or certainly at the moment are in no position to produce....so our prices rise while we secure cheaper stuff from elsewhere....That will HURT. Remember we export the 43% they export about 2% give or take. Lets just say the EU think ok we have 1 trillion in reserves.....if we just totally exclude the UK trade wise for the next 5 year AND nudge other countries that they "may" find trading within the EU difficult if they give the UK a trade deal......2% V 43%....who's going to feel the pinch more ? Who's going to be the biggest boy in the playground ? Who will the USA want to deal with ? Canada ? China ? As far as I can see the EU isa bigger market place than the UK especially a UK without ANY access to the EU market.
    Now I am british and writing this stuff depresses the shit out of me BUT if I were an influential european then yes I would be well up for cutting all sully lines to the uk with a long term view of getting the UK back into line in the long term future. Funny enough even as a remain voting brit I would not be happy with that outcome at all.
    Hi
    I stopped reading when you used the word loose when you clearly meant lose, or did you?
    Ls
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP

Thanks
    Karma Level

Here is the vote that we did just before the referendum in 2016:

http://digital-forums.com/showthread...ht=negotiation

When you take out 'undecided' and 'don't give a toss', the final result was:

Leave - 77%
    Remain - 23%
    (No. of votes - 62)

The poll in this current thread, when you take out 'undecided' and 'don't give a toss', the current (30/12/17) result is:

Leave - 57%
    Remain - 43%
    (No. of votes - 54)

I had forgotten that the DF vote was massively in favour of leave last year. So this current poll actually shows a big swing towards remain.
    Or, people voted differently in the referendum to what they said they would, as this current poll should capture those people who have changed their vote.
    Or 60 people isn't a big enough sample size to make conclusions

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Social Networking Bookmarks