Close

View Poll Results: How would you vote today if there was another referendum?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would still vote leave

33 47.83%
  • I would still vote remain

24 34.78%
  • I would change my vote from leave to remain

5 7.25%
  • I would change my vote from remain to leave

1 1.45%
  • I couldn't give a toss

6 8.70%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default What if we could vote for Brexit again?

Would you vote the same as before?

I feel we were conned, ?350 million extra a week for the NHS swung it for me, which was a blatant lie, looking at the mess that we are currently in would you change how you voted?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: What if we could vote for Brexit again?

Too late now. We are all fucked.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Imo, until we are actually out, we won't really know the implications as there is a lot of spin from both sides.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by burner1 View Post
    Imo, until we are actually out, we won't really know the implications as there is a lot of spin from both sides.
    I think the worst thing that could have been done was getting a remain supporter to sort out Brexit, it feels like she'll just rush through throwing cash at it and then turn around when complaints are made and say it was voted for.

I never voted as I couldn't take what either party was saying was the truth and I still feel like that now, when I listen to Nigel Farage on LBC I know he's just spouting what will make a Brexit look good and the same goes when listening to a remainer.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by burner1 View Post
    I have to admit my opinion could be biased, but from I remember the remain campaign was fairly reasonable, if anything they didn't even make their case strongly enough, whilst the leave campaign was virtually entirely "spin".

Actually I'm sorry to even use the word spin. The leave campaign was mainly a bunch of massive sensationist lies.

I will say though this is merely my opinion and I'm happy to learn if anyone can show my opinion to be wrong.

The final comment I will make is that despite my hatred and blame of the lying cunt politicians, we as the public should be working harder. E.g. for every mention of cuts the the NHS the public should have got together in numbers and told the government to use some of the 350mil towards improvements instead of closures otherwise there will be riots that make 2011 look like a walk in the park.
    Last edited by Over Carl; 14th December 2017 at 09:13 PM.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I was remain and still am, I respect the outcome of the vote but I find it frustrating that the leave campaign were able to spread such blatant lies so publicly and the referendum was still valid. I think we should have been presented with the exit deal and as good an idea as possible of the consequences and should have voted on that, as it stands voting leave was a gamble and I don't see/hear any positivity that seems to carry any merit.

Weak leadership doesn't help, not sure if May will stay in power to take the bullet or if someone will make their move sooner.

2 Thanks given to evilsatan

Argyll (17th December 2017),  theodotcom (18th December 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The same for me, out.

Anything that reduces the amount of pigs with their snouts in the trough is a good thing, how many layers of government do we need.

3 Thanks given to mij

akimba (15th December 2017),  MHP (15th December 2017),  t00lbox (19th December 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

To be fair regarding above comments. In the months after in my opinion it was revealed just as much lying on both sides to be fair.

As you would expect I suppose.

Thanks to piggzy

MHP (15th December 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm still big Dunc
    Oooooooot

Sent from my Philips Cellnet using a 12c508
    Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....

Thanks
    Karma Level

I voted to remain and I am even more convinced now.

There may be an argument for leaving the EU at some point in the future, but that time is certainly not now and not with this Tory mob. The daily levels of incompetence are staggering, and the self deprecating joke by Davis that you don't have to be smart to do his job fell flat on its face.... because its true.

What truly sickens me is that Tory infighting and cronyism is what is driving the future of our nation, not the interests of its citizens. What happened to forming broad coalitions (Lib/Lab/SNP) to properly represent us?
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

I really should have put don't care. Because I have simply given up really thinking too much about it. I can't see the need to be honest. There will be no more cash for services (Even forgetting the figure on the bus...the implication was that we would "save" money by being out of the EU. Not from where I'm sitting we won't. It seems that anyone who may realistically be in a position to influence brexit are going to go though with it but with the inevitable outcome being "same". Free movement of workers (probably backed by some type of application/sponsor from a company in the UK), There will be free movement of goods and services and probably free movement of cash.....All of this will "cost" us roughly the same as what it would have had we never had the vote - the EU will just work out how much the shortfall is and present the UK with the new "associate membership" fee. Nobody win's nobody looses, face saving exercise all round. So that makes the vote a joke and a waste of time and money...because apart from "no change" the whole exercise is going to cost billions to pay for all the negotiations and lawyers/civil servants in their thousands are looking at guaranteed well paid tax payer funded work for the next 20 years imho.

Interestingly from the small sample of the poll here it kind of looks like we have an "entrenched" situation and as a remainer I can accept that, just as I accept that the leavers are as much entrenched in their own view.

The whole thing is a cluster fuck and I personally am more interested in the fact that when I look around town of an evening I see many many more people sleeping rough in one of the most prosperous parts of the country (Canterbury). I'm actually quite proud of the work being done by people from all walks life to raise cash and donate food and clothing and pushing the council to open up emergency shelter....I mean cmon it's bloody freezing out there !!

That's what politics is about for me. It is surely the 1st job of government to ensure it's citizens are fed,educated and sheltered. Without those 3 things you might as well turn out the lights.

2 Thanks given to DavidF

hoponbaby (16th December 2017),  Over Carl (15th December 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Putting aside whether you wanted Bremain or Brexit there is one fact in all of this that we can agree on and that is that the Tories have spectacularly fucked the entire process up from the start and they will continue to do so till the very end.
    This current government is the biggest clusterfuck I have ever seen in power.

5 Thanks given to piggzy

flumperino (16th December 2017),  GTI (15th December 2017),  ilscuro (15th December 2017),  MHP (15th December 2017),  Over Carl (15th December 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Putting aside whether you wanted Bremain or Brexit there is one fact in all of this that we can agree on and that is that the Tories have spectacularly fucked the entire process up from the start and they will continue to do so till the very end.
    Completely agree but I doubt it would have been different with a different party in power, it would have just been a different list of fuckups.

From what I have seen over the years if anyone truly believes any of them are looking out for YOUR best interests above their own, you are deluding yourselves.
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

2 Thanks given to Mystical_2K

MHP (15th December 2017),  piggzy (15th December 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Should have had a Brexit PM in charge instead of a remainer, that's why Cameron fucked off.

Thanks to ilscuro

piggzy (15th December 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I voted out and would still vote out, it seems to me that we are being held to ransom by the EU and the more they demand the more out I want to be out ! ?50 Billion before they even consider negotiating boils my piss ! useless government should be telling them to fuck off, just think what ?50 Billion can do here at home for starters .... no trade deals, what a load of bollocks, do you honestly think that Germany would want that, the UK is one of it's biggest importers of there cars, read in the news today something about paying there refugees to leave there country now, the same refugees that they opened there borders and welcomed, what a joke.

Thanks to Lestronics

Rick Sanchez (4th January 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ilscuro View Post
    Should have had a Brexit PM in charge instead of a remainer, that's why Cameron fucked off.
    None of them wanted it as they knew it was a poisoned chalice, no remainer, leaver, Tory or Labour party could ever come out the other end of Brexit without being called a totally useless cunt or bunch of cunts by all sides this is why they sit on their hands as May fucks up time and time again, there is no one in the party who wants the job 'NOW' they want it after everything is fucked and running round saying well it's fucked coz she is a remainer is crap, it's fucked because it was always going to be fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestronics View Post
    I voted out and would still vote out, it seems to me that we are being held to ransom by the EU and the more they demand the more out I want to be out ! ?50 Billion before they even consider negotiating boils my piss ! useless government should be telling them to fuck off, just think what ?50 Billion can do here at home for starters .... no trade deals, what a load of bollocks, do you honestly think that Germany would want that, the UK is one of it's biggest importers of there cars, read in the news today something about paying there refugees to leave there country now, the same refugees that they opened there borders and welcomed, what a joke.
    I said there would be a huge bill to pay when they left in the brexit thread before we left but of course that was bollox, of course we are being held to ransom what else do you expect them to do as a collective they have a fraction of what the UK has to lose, I don't think Germany or many of the other countries want a no deal but the trade amounts any single country has to lose is tiny compared to the UK which although it sounds great to just tell them to fuck off we would fall into a depression that would make the 1920's look like a holiday at Butlins as it would with any country that suddenly just lost nearly half it's trade the same as it would with any business. We are already fucked just how fucked we are has yet to be agreed.

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

GTI (15th December 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    I said there would be a huge bill to pay when they left in the brexit thread before we left but of course that was bollox, of course we are being held to ransom what else do you expect them to do as a collective they have a fraction of what the UK has to lose, I don't think Germany or many of the other countries want a no deal but the trade amounts any single country has to lose is tiny compared to the UK which although it sounds great to just tell them to fuck off we would fall into a depression that would make the 1920's look like a holiday at Butlins as it would with any country that suddenly just lost nearly half it's trade the same as it would with any business. We are already fucked just how fucked we are has yet to be agreed.
    The EU would still want trade deals with us regardless, there economy's need us, just as we need them, but they seem to be holding the cards and were folding, just like a game of poker !. I'm sure if we walked away they would eventually want to come to some consessions with trade, Oh and lets not forget the trade we can eventually do with the world, although I dare say somewhere along the negotiations we will be told that not allowed and this useless government will accept this and all the other shite the EU comes up with ........

Just my view

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    None of them wanted it as they knew it was a poisoned chalice, no remainer, leaver, Tory or Labour party could ever come out the other end of Brexit without being called a totally useless cunt or bunch of cunts by all sides this is why they sit on their hands as May fucks up time and time again, there is no one in the party who wants the job 'NOW' they want it after everything is fucked and running round saying well it's fucked coz she is a remainer is crap, it's fucked because it was always going to be fucked.

I agree entirely but it seems stupid having a remainer like May in charge, she was against leaving which hardly inspires any confidence, it's a bit like putting Mourinho in charge of City for a few months, just so United can catch up.

As GTI posted 'What happened to forming broad coalitions (Lib/Lab/SNP) to properly represent us?'
    Last edited by ilscuro; 15th December 2017 at 05:12 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

All this talk about trade deals, we don't have one with China and yet we order, pay and then most of the time receive our cheap, sometimes tacky and more than not dangerous goods from China, is a trade deal really that important if we can do this without one arranged with a superpower country like China?

Once we leave the EU in 2019 we can then strike a deal with China which should hopefully mean even more cheap tack at a discount price surely?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lestronics View Post
    The EU would still want trade deals with us regardless, there economy's need us, just as we need them, but they seem to be holding the cards and were folding, just like a game of poker !. I'm sure if we walked away they would eventually want to come to some consessions with trade, Oh and lets not forget the trade we can eventually do with the world, although I dare say somewhere along the negotiations we will be told that not allowed and this useless government will accept this and all the other shite the EU comes up with ........

Just my view
    The EU economy would struggle without us no doubt and I have always said the best you could hope for post Brexit was a break up of the EU but a lot of the trade with the UK would be soaked up internally with Germany being the biggest loser they are also the richest member and able to withstand it and no doubt make up a lot of the loss through the moving of businesses and financial services from the UK to both France, Germany and a lesser part other EU member countries. I doubt British people will stop buying German cars so although the trade would reduce people would just have to pay the import duty if we had no deal and the 'the trade we can eventually do with the world' I have no idea what we are going to sell them and probably a moot point as our credit rating would go to junk before any trade deal was signed as it's already been downgraded again we would not be able to meet the interest on existing loads never mind borrow more.

Quote Originally Posted by ilscuro View Post

I agree entirely but it seems stupid having a remainer like May in charge, she was against leaving which hardly inspires any confidence, it's a bit like putting Mourinho in charge of City for a few months, just so United can catch up.

As GTI posted 'What happened to forming broad coalitions (Lib/Lab/SNP) to properly represent us?'

I just don't think you had anyone willing and or able to do the job, you have a dick like David Davis who is stupid enough to voice in public that it was a agreement to pay the money not legally binding if we decided to walk and not anticipate them coming back and saying actually sign this before we move forward so it's now legally binding being considered for the job say's it all. No idea with the coalitions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Social Networking Bookmarks