Crypto - You can win. You can lose.

Thread: Crypto - You can win. You can lose.

  1. piggzy's Avatar

    piggzy said:

    Default Crypto - You can win. You can lose.

    I suffer with all sorts of emotional anxiety shit and paranoia. The last few days it got the better of me.

    I just lost roughly $1700 in the last 2 days. Not because Crypto trading is a bad idea but because I got emotional about it.

    Invested in 3 coins at not the best time but not the worst time. They dropped a bit I panicked like a cunt sold at a loss and 2 hours later I would have been in profit.

    You need a level head for this shit , which I have some of the time. If I was patient I could have made about the same I lost. My fault entirely.
    I had a birthday, a loss and an MOT + other bullshit that was playing on my mind.

    I will give myself till xmas day to collect myself and will be trading again. I would love to think this time next year I can be doing this full time and fuck the 9-5 so to speak.
     
  2. maltloaf's Avatar

    maltloaf said:

    Default Re: Crypto - You can win. You can lose.

    Had a thought about getting into this over the last couple of weeks but i honestly think the likes of bitcoin are about to top out.

    I have however heard on the grapevine that Ripple might have a future.. One to watch if and when the bitcoin bubble bursts
    Facebook: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Garmin Connect: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Strava: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Surface Pro 4 i5
    iMac 21.5" 2.7GHz Core i5 8GB
    Samsung S8 plus
    iPhone 7 plus 128GB
    IPad Pro 9.7" WiFi 128GB
    iPad Air WiFi + Cellular 16GB
     
  3. muttleymacclad's Avatar

    muttleymacclad said:

    Default Re: Crypto - You can win. You can lose.

    Likewise, Ripple is being backed by a few of the large banks so although less volatile and perhaps less astronomic growth it may be one to back.

    Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  4. ivrytwr3's Avatar

    ivrytwr3 said:

    Default Re: Crypto - You can win. You can lose.

    Piggzy!!! FFS!!!! I am 'down' almost $1k atm - but that is because it's xmas, the market is stale because most people are enjoying time with their family.

    I am 99% that once Xmas has passed and everyone has extra cash from Aunty Gladys etc that the market will get to an ATH - post Xmas spike.

    You're only down if you sell below your buy price. Just hodl or if you have the cash, it's currently the Crypto Xmas sale for some!!!!
     
  5. piggzy's Avatar

    piggzy said:

    Default Re: Crypto - You can win. You can lose.

    Quote Originally Posted by ivrytwr3 View Post
    Piggzy!!! FFS!!!! I am 'down' almost $1k atm - but that is because it's xmas, the market is stale because most people are enjoying time with their family.

    I am 99% that once Xmas has passed and everyone has extra cash from Aunty Gladys etc that the market will get to an ATH - post Xmas spike.

    You're only down if you sell below your buy price. Just hodl or if you have the cash, it's currently the Crypto Xmas sale for some!!!!
    Absolutely mate. I made a fair amount back since my post thanks to XDN. Have no particular view on the coin but noticed a MASSIVE discrepancy between exchanges. No idea why but occasionally see this happen.
    hitBTC XDN was about 170 satoshis
    bitfinix and other XDN was over 300 sats.

    When I noticed I bought 100k XDN coins and waited for it to slowly increase to reflect the other exchanges.

    If any of you have accounts on all the different exchanges you can do it by buying on the lower and transferring to the highest exchange followed by a quick sell. This is much quicker but I don't have a bitfinix account.


    As you say it will bounce back. You only actually lose if you sell when its down, you just need patience and I have none :-)
     
  6. DejaVu's Avatar

    DejaVu said:

    Default Re: Crypto - You can win. You can lose.

    Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    I suffer with all sorts of emotional anxiety shit and paranoia. The last few days it got the better of me.

    I just lost roughly $1700 in the last 2 days. Not because Crypto trading is a bad idea but because I got emotional about it.
    Should you be doing it if it has that much of an effect on you?

    Perhaps don't put so much in and wait it out. I've put in what I can afford to lose and am happy to wait til either it's 1.5x what I put in (at least) or lose the lot... If is to be the case.

    Putting in ?1k+ in my opinion is risky.

    I've read rumours of Bitcoin topping out at ?40k each eventually and I've also seen the reports of those that think 'it's done'. But no-one really knows what's gonna happen. It's just hearsay.

    If your getting anxious watching the numbers fall, you may have put too much faith in it from the off.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

     
  7. piggzy's Avatar

    piggzy said:

    Default Re: Crypto - You can win. You can lose.

    Quote Originally Posted by DejaVu View Post
    Should you be doing it if it has that much of an effect on you?

    Perhaps don't put so much in and wait it out. I've put in what I can afford to lose and am happy to wait til either it's 1.5x what I put in (at least) or lose the lot... If is to be the case.

    Putting in ?1k+ in my opinion is risky.

    I've read rumours of Bitcoin topping out at ?40k each eventually and I've also seen the reports of those that think 'it's done'. But no-one really knows what's gonna happen. It's just hearsay.

    If your getting anxious watching the numbers fall, you may have put too much faith in it from the off.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Nah its not the trading. This year has just been the shittest of my life with death and family crap ... bring on 2018 :-)
     
  8. ilscuro's Avatar

    ilscuro said:

    Default Re: Crypto - You can win. You can lose.

    I'm about ?100 down but will just wait it out.

    What's important though is only invest what you can afford to lose.

    Good luck guys.
     
  9. Mystical_2K's Avatar

    Mystical_2K said:

    Default Re: Crypto - You can win. You can lose.

    Gutted for ya mate its not nice but high hopes it will bounce back for ya
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.
     
  10. piggzy's Avatar

    piggzy said:

    Default Re: Crypto - You can win. You can lose.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_2K View Post
    Gutted for ya mate its not nice but high hopes it will bounce back for ya
    Cheers, Recovered a lot by margin trading yesterday ... didn't take my eyes off the screen much, riding the highs and lows but it shows it can be done, although I feel knackered today and didn't even look at a screen all day till just now.

    Anyway just stuffed with a massive Beef Wellington (fuck turkey) and feeling content :-)

    Good luck to all fellow traders for 2018
     
  11. ilscuro's Avatar

    ilscuro said:

    Default Re: Crypto - You can win. You can lose.

    Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Cheers, Recovered a lot by margin trading yesterday ... didn't take my eyes off the screen much, riding the highs and lows but it shows it can be done, although I feel knackered today and didn't even look at a screen all day till just now.

    Anyway just stuffed with a massive Beef Wellington (fuck turkey) and feeling content :-)

    Good luck to all fellow traders for 2018
    That's great news mate, when you going to do a guide for thickos like me?
     
  12. piggzy's Avatar

    piggzy said:

    Default Re: Crypto - You can win. You can lose.

    Quote Originally Posted by ilscuro View Post
    That's great news mate, when you going to do a guide for thickos like me?
    Not sure I really have that great a knowledge tbh but I could try knock something up..