Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

BBC News Carragher suspended over spitting incident

Jamie Carragher has been suspended by Sky Sports after a video showed the former England and Liverpool defender spitting towards a girl in a car from his own vehicle.
    The television pundit had been covering Liverpool's 2-1 loss to Manchester United for Sky on Saturday.
    "Sky takes this matter extremely seriously and strongly condemns Jamie's actions," said a statement.

"We've made that clear to him in person and suspended him from his duties."
    The statement added: "It falls well below the standards we expect of our people."
    The video of the incident, obtained by the Mirror, shows Carragher react by spitting at a car after being "goaded".
    A Danish television channel has also pulled Carragher from its coverage of Manchester United's Champions League game against Sevilla at Old Trafford on Tuesday.
    More to follow.
    Let's block ads! (Why?)

BBC News

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Carragher suspended over spitting incident

Filthy bastard.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Dirty bindipper showing his true colours. The fucking faux apologies these wankers roll out when it threatens their careers is the most sickening aspect of it. Be a fucking man and own it you soft cunt. If he’d said the cunt in the car deserved it, and his daughter will grow up to be a cunt with a Dad like that, so fuck her too, I’d have a lot more respect for him.

3 Thanks given to CzarJunkie

akimba (13th March 2018),  Ashley (12th March 2018),  GTI (13th March 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Baited reaction in my opinion he gave them what they wanted, yeah twat for spitting at her but what sort of moron drives chasing, hassling and filming someone on a motorway with a 14 year old child in the car.

4 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

akimba (13th March 2018),  Ashley (12th March 2018),  DavidF (12th March 2018),  jw_2000_uk (12th March 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    Baited reaction in my opinion he gave them what they wanted, yeah twat for spitting at her but what sort of moron drives chasing, hassling and filming someone on a motorway with a 14 year old child in the car.
    This - Carra has been a complete mug by giving this fool his 15 min of fame. I would reckon the reaction will be about 70/30 against him with the 70% being made up of jealous people and non Liverpool fan's....fact is given the stick these people take EVERY time they step out the door It's a surprise many more don't snap....Carra's real crime here is poor aiming ffs. I mean carra ffs...one of the most loyal hard working/working class true to his roots players we could name....done absolutely tons of charity work (off the books out of the papers)....and his legacy is now tainted by a sad 10 seconds prompted by a nobody who as said was driving on mobile pissing about like a teenage stalker all this with his kid in the car who was totally uncomfortable with it all ...i mean "daddy" could have avoided the whole thing by....being a fucking dad and not acting like a moron. Im sure sky will sack him....im not too sure it will ruin him though lol.

Thanks to DavidF

akimba (13th March 2018)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

On talk sport today i'm sure it mentioned that this is his 3rd road rage incident.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Come on lets be honest, he may have been baited himself by a few words of banter but he was also baiting when he crossed the line and spat knowing it could get the prick with the camera to do something in retaliation after his daughter got spat in the face, the respect I had for Carragher has gone and he deserves all he gets, I hope he loses his pundit job as there are plenty more retired footballers just waiting for a chance.

He'll be on this year's I'm a celebrity get me out of here so not all is lost.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Spoiler:

Thanks
    Karma Level

As a Red myself, I will openly say that Carragher has made an utter tit of himself here. He was baited by that cunt in the car but he should have just carried on and ignored him. A rash decision has put him massively in under the spotlight. Problem is, although he's a retired player, he still represents LFC and as such, has a lot more accountability than your average joe on the street. Therefore, he should ideally act accordingly and NOT be drawn into confrontation. The poor lass in the car is the main victim here.

Do I think he should be punished? YES! I think he should be made to do some form of community service. After all, spitting at someone is common assault.
    I also think he should compensate the girl in the car. If you ask me, a good £30K put into a trust fund to pay for her entire UNI fees would be a fucking awesome way forward from this. A fund, locked down from her cunt of a dad so that he can't use any of it and if she doesn't go to UNI, then it is either returned back to JC OR, it's use is re-designated to something of value and good use. E.g towards a house in the future. Just something that keeps her filthy dads hands off it.

DO I think he should be sacked? NO. Yes, he fucked up. He made a really rash decision and he will regret this for his entire life but he DOES have the opportunity to redeem himself (see above), but footballers on the pitch have done FAR worse things. Some have ended careers, some have spat at players, some have fucked other players wives, some have had multiple affairs (might I add a certain United player) some have racially abused players, fucking Suarez tried to eat the opponents ffs lol, but do you see them getting sacked? No you don't and THEY are far bigger role models than ex-player pundits! I'm not saying that their actions justifies JC's but there are far bigger issues going on. Still, JC should be punished accordingly as mentioned above.

Do I think the girls dad driving the car should be dealt with? FUCK YEAH! He was driving holding a mobile phone (look at the position). He was driving without due care and attention by deliberately goading another road user, on a motorway of all places. He was also causing a breach of the peace. According to the Daily Racist, the police are going to be having a chat with him. Hopefully that cunt will get his 6 points, £200 fine and he should also be made to do the community service with Carragher.

2 Thanks given to dpSparhawk

akimba (13th March 2018),  hoponbaby (14th March 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Considering some of the shit Carragher will have had to put up with, I thought that was pretty tame. Spitting at kids is fucking low in anyone's book.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Surely with that accent, he was just trying to construct a sentence and a fountain a phlegm followed. As is always the way when conversing with a Scouser.

3 Thanks given to CominAtcha

DJAd (13th March 2018),  dpSparhawk (14th March 2018),  Rhinoz (13th March 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Perfectly justified in my opinion, the reason the girl got spat on is because her father is an irresponsible cunt.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CominAtcha View Post
    Surely with that accent, he was just trying to construct a sentence and a fountain a phlegm followed. As is always the way when conversing with a Scouser.

hahaha you cunt!

In all fairness, this is true of Scousers from many parts of the city however, I have a very mild accent myself, mild enough for people to misplace where I'm from

Thanks to dpSparhawk

CominAtcha (15th March 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think to lose his job due to something trivial he did in his personal time is a bit harsh but Andy Gray said something off camera about women refs and wheres he now??

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by akimba View Post
    I think to lose his job due to something trivial he did in his personal time is a bit harsh but Andy Gray said something off camera about women refs and wheres he now??
    At Bein Sports with Richard Keys on 2.5 times more than when at Sky so not all bad.... LOL

Sent from my Philips Cellnet using a 12c508
    Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....

2 Thanks given to satzzz

akimba (14th March 2018),  Ashley (14th March 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Suspended! He's an ambassador for Liverpool FC and Sky. If this was an Amazon delivery driver, BT engineer, post man etc they'd be sacked on the spot.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MHP View Post
    Suspended! He's an ambassador for Liverpool FC and Sky. If this was an Amazon delivery driver, BT engineer, post man etc they'd be sacked on the spot.
    Exactly mate, they have suspended him, and the fookers will sneak him back next season, look at his twitter account hes always dishing shit out !!
    He gets it once and he does that, Hes an overpaid twat, and deserves everything he gets,

Thanks
    Karma Level

If it were the fan spitting at Carragher, I imagine the police response would have been somewhat different.