Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Any CBD Oil users in here ??? Insomnia help !!

I was speaking to a guy last week who uses CBD to help with his Arthritis, which is something I suffer from myself in my knees and wrists. He said it worked great for him, and I recalled reading this thread so re-visited it earlier in the week and ordered some CBD from CBD Brothers (the blue dropper).

Unsure if it's just me, a placebo effect or merely coincidence, but I had 3 drops about midday and I now feel totally knackered (tired). Anybody else had a similar experience?
    Last edited by tips; 12th July 2018 at 03:56 PM.

Thanks to tips

Over Carl (12th July 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

following this thread with an open mind as I myself suffer IBS and a few people have said CBD oil has helped, but im thinking the barret n holland type brands may be too low ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cant remember off the top of my head if Blue is Indica or Sativa strain of CBD.

Indica = SLEEP
    Sativa <> SLEEP

Although I found sativa made me sleepy for first few days then it did the opposite.

I new retailer I found recently and plan on trying soon, as initial look show them cheaper than Brothers is Lakeland CBD. Based up the lake district somewhere. Read good reviews.

A lot of peeps find after a few days using CBD it can trigger a good ole detox, so expect so nice dark turds and frequent visits as your body expels toxins :-) It did for me.

Holland & Barret is a turd :-(. Dont waste your money

Thanks to piggzy

Over Carl (13th July 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I tried a few different ones whilst my arthritis was at it's worst. It chills me out like nothing else, almost like you're zoning out but with complete clarity. It never helped with the pain much but it does make you care less about it.

I have a couple of different ones from CBD brothers, I think the white and blue ones from memory.
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

2 Thanks given to maltloaf

Over Carl (14th July 2018),  piggzy (14th July 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Although I have experienced pain relief and the Mrs too for a pelvic pain disorder (obviously I smashed her too hard) it isnt as good as if you can get CBD with THC in it which currently is a no no in the UK

Not condoning anyone breaks the law but I would guess one puff of a joint in conjunction with the CBD oil would help give the oils the massive boost they need from THC to offer enough pain relief to get someone off a lifetime of codeine use and occasional morphine ....

I know of 2 people doing this and both only need morphine when they run out of the combo THC/CBD..

Roll on 10 years.

3 Thanks given to piggzy

flumperino (15th July 2018),  ivrytwr3 (14th July 2018),  Over Carl (14th July 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think the point of cbd oil is it doesn’t have the THC. So you get the mellow effects but not the buzz. I don’t think you will ever see THC or weed for that matter leagalised in this country. You ge the occasional flurry of it in the news but the government always come back with a flat “No”.
    Might as well take any old common or garden opiate like tramadol or codeine or whatever if you’re going to do mix THC less oil with THC containing drugs.
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

Thanks to maltloaf

Over Carl (14th July 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by maltloaf View Post
    I think the point of cbd oil is it doesn’t have the THC. So you get the mellow effects but not the buzz. I don’t think you will ever see THC or weed for that matter leagalised in this country. You ge the occasional flurry of it in the news but the government always come back with a flat “No”.
    Might as well take any old common or garden opiate like tramadol or codeine or whatever if you’re going to do mix THC less oil with THC containing drugs.
    It does contain THC but at levels (under 0.03%) that the authorities are currently ignoring. As you point out at these levels it doesnt give you a high but be warned, if you take plenty of CBD (more than most would) you would fail a drugs test, even using ones that claim to have no THC. The ones that openly say they contain it in the US I believe can have upto about 10% from memory still doesnt give you a proper high as if you were smoking but you do feel it.

Its still very new and people are still learning and I have seen people on forums call me out saying it deffo doesnt contain THC it says so on the box and I emailed etc, I then see months later em crying that they failed a test.
    You can get very sensitive tests on ebay now that test for THC just so you dont over do it and get your self grief.

Some newer sellers are talking of a new post extraction treatment that does remove 100% THC but this is all very new and afiak is not on the market yet.

Thanks to piggzy

Over Carl (15th July 2018)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Low % cbd oil is shit - I smoke weed to get me to sleep and no amount cbd oil will be able to do that for me - I choose to smoke strong indica strains - give me these for medicinal use

Thanks to prezzy

Over Carl (17th July 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Got some of the 300mg oil from Lakeland this morning. Ordered Sunday evening and paid by BACS - only means of payment.
    Can't fault the service but the stuff tastes bloody awful. Smells like liquorice, looks like a think syrup and tastes like tar.

Fortunately I bought it for the missus to (hopefully) help with her arthritis - tension from the pain rather than the pain itself. I just enjoyed the reaction when she tried it
    1 drop 3x daily for a week increasing to 5 drops 3x daily by week 5 - or wherever the tolerance limit is reached.

Let's see if it works...

Thanks to chizh

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by chizh View Post
    Got some of the 300mg oil from Lakeland this morning. Ordered Sunday evening and paid by BACS - only means of payment.
    Can't fault the service but the stuff tastes bloody awful. Smells like liquorice, looks like a think syrup and tastes like tar.

Fortunately I bought it for the missus to (hopefully) help with her arthritis - tension from the pain rather than the pain itself. I just enjoyed the reaction when she tried it
    1 drop 3x daily for a week increasing to 5 drops 3x daily by week 5 - or wherever the tolerance limit is reached.

Let's see if it works...
    Lol I got used to the taste and have grown to like it. They do vary but unflavored ones just taste like wheat grass to me.

Thanks to piggzy

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Lol I got used to the taste and have grown to like it. They do vary but unflavored ones just taste like wheat grass to me.
    Really? They'd have to make a Strongbow flavoured one for me

We then add a bit of honey to our oil to give it that distinctive sweet flavour that makes our oil easy to take
    Like fook they do. Just took a closer look and it reminds me of the old cigarette warning video when I was a kid - lungs blackened by nicotine tar. Deep thick tar that doesn't 'drop' more like 'plops' out of the dripper. In fairness though, that first dose might have been a big dollop. Will tell her to try the hot water next to thin it down.
    Also not sure but the placebo effect - kicked in about half an hour her first dose. Said she got a right flush on.

Thanks to chizh

Thanks
    Karma Level

Since I moved to Amsterdam I have noticed more and more places selling CBD oils and even some coffeeshops offering high CBD weed now. Never tried it but am seriously tempted as I suffer from IBS quite badly (as does my mother) and have tried everything else.

I have been looking around and have found this : https://www.amsterdamgenetics.com/sh...peasy-cbd-pen/

I smoke a lot of the Amsterdam Genetics weed from the boerejongens coffeeshops and trust the company.

Looks like they do international shipping, may be worth looking into their oils/vapes/tablets

Cheers

Scottio

3 Thanks given to Scottio200

Over Carl (24th July 2018),  piggzy (24th July 2018),  prezzy (30th July 2018)  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12