Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Any CBD Oil users in here ??? Insomnia help !!

I know its a long shot but wondered if any of you lot have any experience using them. Have been reading up on it and its "alleged" health benefits, some even claiming it can in some cases help cancer patients although not with the strengths that are legal in the UK.

Anyhoo I have seen many claim it is great with Insomnia which is what I would LOVE to find is true. Anyone tried any of the stuff and got any info .

Have seen some oils I can get for under £20 so its not going to break the bank if it turns out to be a load of shit.

Or any other insomnia sufferers have alternative advice ?? Tried all the different prescription pills but my body has got immune to them all now :-(

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Any CBD Oil users in here ??? Insomnia help !!

Ask CzarJunkie.

Thanks to BertRoot

piggzy (17th March 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

My advice is, do your own research and if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. And if anyone claims it can cure cancer, stay well clear.

I’ve got no personal experience of using CBD oil, so can’t really comment. According to Wikipedia it may have some effect on anxiety, inflammation and epilepsy. But there have been no huge studies done and some of the claims are anecdotal.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabidiol

3 Thanks given to CzarJunkie

Over Carl (12th July 2018),  piggzy (18th March 2018),  Sanj[UK] (18th July 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think it is massively over hyped imho and the cancer claims seem absurd.

My interest is purely for insomnia and as I have read many posts saying people mostly take it at night because of how sleepy it makes most people made me wonder if it might help.
    I don't believe there is any cure for insomnia but i little help is worth trying. Gonna get some ordered and see how it pans out.

When I have it bad and go days without even a few minutes sleep you will honestly try anything.

Will post up if it helps and may be useful to others. Cheers.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just ordered some 5% strength from a company called Pure Life. Will see what happens, its cheap enough and even if I got a couple of weeks of placebo sleep I would be happy.
    Will post up in a week or 2 as they seem to say it takes 1-2 weeks to get in your system.

Thanks
    Karma Level

As regards insomnia, some things that you might find useful, if you’re not already doing them are:

1. Completely remove caffeine from your diet
    2. Eat magnesium rich foods (most leafy greens, nuts, seeds etc.), especially a couple of hours before bed.
    3. Have a Dead Sea salt bath (contains minerals such as magnesium, that relaxes the muscles)
    4. Don’t watch TV before bed, reading is more advisable.
    5. Meditate every day. Start slowly, but work up to at least 30 minutes a day. This helps you switch off at anytime of the day, but especially at night. Makes it much easier to compartmentalise things too.

4 Thanks given to CzarJunkie

JonEp (19th March 2018),  MajorFU (4th April 2018),  Over Carl (12th July 2018),  russell (25th March 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was thinking about grabbing some broard spectrum full melt or some terpine infused cbd isolate crystals from hempelf or cbdlifeuk, to vape, and trying to make sense of the different products myself atm

I think the full spectrum stuff is the better product for medical benefits while the terpine infused stuff will still get the job done for recreational users wanting a tasty vape.

2 Thanks given to Hippie on hill

Over Carl (12th July 2018),  piggzy (18th March 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie on hill View Post
    I was thinking about grabbing some broard spectrum full melt or some terpine infused cbd isolate crystals from hempelf or cbdlifeuk, to vape, and trying to make sense of the different products myself atm

I think the full spectrum stuff is the better product for medical benefits while the terpine infused stuff will still get the job done for recreational users wanting a tasty vape.
    Cheers will have a look at those sites. I struggled to find a UK supplied full spectrum one tbh. I found one in the US that would deliver to UK but then you are talking £50 for something that might be a load of shit :-)

Thanks

Thanks
    Karma Level

One thing to consider - I've heard of people suggesting CBD as superior to cannabis as the current drug drive test is looking for THC but not CBD.

If these products were made in medical grade laboratories by reputed companies I could believe that but with what is currently available I would not be as confident.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Over Carl View Post
    One thing to consider - I've heard of people suggesting CBD as superior to cannabis as the current drug drive test is looking for THC but not CBD.

If these products were made in medical grade laboratories by reputed companies I could believe that but with what is currently available I would not be as confident.
    Every company who I have looked over in their FAQ state drug tests are at your own risk.
    Basically THC levels in these products vary but are below 0.5% (on average) and no information seems to exists as to what levels these drugs tests pickup.
    You wont get high but will you get in trouble.
    Personally I don't care as I want this purely for sleep issues and will take it a couple of hours before I hit the pillow.

Also some companies produce 3rd party lab result testing that can be verified on their websites etc, so I will only buy from companies that offer this information. This seems to be fast becoming the norm to avoid the issues you mention OverCarl.

Hippie on the Hill provided some great mentions to companies I wish I had ordered from before ordering mine, but that can be the next purchase.

To add to the legal issues. In the UK the legal stance as of now is that they must contain ZERO THC. This currently from my research is not possible due to extraction methods, but the plod are not making an issue of below 1% as after speaking to a copper I know it is considered one of the issues that they can do without/ignore as there are more serious crimes going on. It is considered low priority and the bill are hoping the laws change pretty soon so they can officially ignore it. TBH nobody will get high on those levels. in the USA where you can have much higher amounts people are saying you still don't get high.

Thanks to piggzy

Over Carl (12th July 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

My wallet was calling to me to do some more scouting before I part with my ill gotten gains as these things aren't cheap and there's a whole lotta bullshit being bandied about

This thread on FC has some good info and links to more discussion
    fuckcombustion.com/threads/uk-cbd-concentrate-myth.20287/

And if that doesn't get you off to sleep there's Reddit
    reddit.com/r/CBD/

Endoca and Seedism are often recommended as being good for the organic pesticide free full spectrum extract stuff.
    Hempelf extracts are a little different as they're made from high CBD strains grown in America and reduced down to legal levels for us whereas most EU products are extracted from hemp grown for other things to stay on the right side of the law. I dunno if that makes much of a difference in effect but they claim the flavour is better than hemp extracts.

Most of the European 99%+ CBD isolate crystals come from the same lab, again extracted from the EU legal hemp grown for other things, so if that's what you're after I'd shop by price (and terpine additives they can add back for you).

2 Thanks given to Hippie on hill

Over Carl (12th July 2018),  piggzy (19th March 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wow, I am very impressed so far. Used it for a day and my mood he been the best for months. Hit me in about half an hour. I suffer with all sorts of mental health shite and this is the best stress free day I have had in a long time.
    Placebo?? Maybe, but I will enjoy it while I can. I don't think it is though as the Mrs tried it at the same time out of curiosity and when I next saw her she described similar feeling to me. When it first kicked in we both felt a little light headed for 15 mins. I had a very small high I think but no coming down sensation. Maybe I am super sensitive ?? Who knows.

Now I want to see how it helps with insomnia which I will find out tomorrow night. Out on the lash tonight with the boys so will sleep happily tonight in my kebab coma.

Doesnt taste as bad as I thought either. Bit like wheat grass but a lot milder. Very thick.. had to put in cup of hot water before I could use the dropper.
    Found another place doing organic oils so might try them next.

2 Thanks given to piggzy

Hippie on hill (22nd March 2018),  Over Carl (12th July 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Weed and bourbon. Know where you stand with both...

3 Thanks given to BertRoot

piggzy (21st March 2018),  Sanj[UK] (18th July 2018),  stevo25 (1st May 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BertRoot View Post
    Weed and bourbon. Know where you stand with both...
    You are right but I was doing too much of the Bourbon so knocked it on the head for the most part.
    As for weed I occasionally have drug testing depending on current contract work so can't always risk it.

Hence me looking into this. The current OIL I am using guarantee it will pass a drug test. From research even the ones that don't offer guarantee pass anyway as THC is always below 1%.

Thanks
    Karma Level

How did you get on with the CBD m8?
    Have you been sleeping any better?

There's loads of canna related 420 discount deals this weekend, if you're looking to stock up or buy a vape
    I just grabbed some wax and isolate to try as it's 20% off atm

Happy 420 everyone

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd be very interested as well Piggzy to see how you go. My 76 year old Aunt is currently researching CDB for medical reasons - the winds are changing.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

my daughter suffers from fibromyalgia which gives her sleepless nights sometimes, she tried CBD and it made a difference
    she says she sleeps better and is generally in a better mood
    she doesn't care if the effects are real or placebo whatever it is it is doing her some good for now

Thanks to cosmicma

Thanks
    Karma Level

Somehow missed some of these posts. Sorry guys.
    I had mixed results (non negative just some less positive) have settled on CBD Brothers.
    Get much better results from their products and to answer cosmica I got a friend who suffers fibromyalgia onto it and he is very impressed, said after 1 week he had really good improvements.

@hippie, I was having mixed sleep improvements but had temp stopped using it as I have been given new meds from my doctors for other issues and I like to rule out any reaction to CBD and then slowly reintroduce.
    CBD brothers purple oil is brilliant for sleep but I only just started it before stopping for the above reasons so will try again in a couple of weeks.

3 Thanks given to piggzy

Bald Bouncer (30th April 2018),  Hippie on hill (30th April 2018),  Over Carl (12th July 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

CBD brothers are one of the very few "legitimate" sellers - as in you actually get what they advertise.
    The THC high oil is used for many things including skin conditions seem to be improved by using a combo of oil and other additives/carriers such as beeswax coconut oil vitamin c ect ect.
    There seems to be no doubt that it also helps people suffering chronic pain and some other conditions such as ibs and chrones ect.
    As for cancer, the jury is still out - There have been a good number of real cases where people have taken oil over a period of time and their cancer has either got smaller or gone but unfortunately these were never controlled studies so it could easily be argued that these same people changed their diet and even undertook tradidional therapies alongside their oil treatment.....I would think it cruel and dangerous to tell someone suffering (or their loved ones) that X amount of this type oil will cure all.
    Cannabis itslef comes in so many different strains all with different properties and make up. Sativa/Indica THC high CBD high 50/50 ect thats before digging down to the actual makeup of the plants concerned.

2 Thanks given to DavidF

Over Carl (12th July 2018),  piggzy (1st May 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    Cannabis itslef comes in so many different strains all with different properties and make up. Sativa/Indica THC high CBD high 50/50 ect thats before digging down to the actual makeup of the plants concerned.
    Yes. My findings so far is that Indica or Hybrid strains have the best results. Sativa are still good for minor conditions but when it comes to sleep issues Indica seems to be the best.

Thanks to piggzy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast