Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default The Tories Get Subsidized food in parliament worth nearly £4M a year. Petition.

As the title, they get subsidized food in parliament costing the tax payers nearly £4m a year yet they just voted to remove free school dinners for the poor.

Vile self serving cunts.

Just signed this petition : Tory wankers.

2 Thanks given to piggzy

Bald Bouncer (18th March 2018),  Over Carl (18th March 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: The Tories Get Subsidized food in parliament worth nearly £4M a year. Petition.

I cant find any information regarding Conservative members of parliament solely getting subsidised food at the palace of Westminster. The petition you have linked to refers to the general food subsidy available to all MP's in the house. Its seems that the current administration has reduced the overall cost in recent years. I personally believe that the food and drinks served in parliament should be the same and cost the same as the food and drinks available in NHS hospitals.

Thanks to MHP

Over Carl (18th March 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: The Tories Get Subsidized food in parliament worth nearly £4M a year. Petition.

Quote Originally Posted by MHP View Post
    I cant find any information regarding Conservative members of parliament solely getting subsidised food at the palace of Westminster. The petition you have linked to refers to the general food subsidy available to all MP's in the house. Its seems that the current administration has reduced the overall cost in recent years. I personally believe that the food and drinks served in parliament should be the same and cost the same as the food and drinks available in NHS hospitals.
    Ok I was a little biased against the Tories as they have increased it and as the current reigning party will be likely using it more than the others but regardless I don't feel any MP's whether Labour, Tory, Libs etc should be getting subsidized food in parliament funded by us.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The most recent red party had 13 years in government and never got rid of it, they are all self serving.

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    I don't feel any MP's whether Labour, Tory, Libs etc should be getting subsidized food in parliament funded by us.
    I totally agree with the right honourable Piggzy.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The most recent red party had 13 years in government and never got rid of it, they are all self serving.

I totally agree with the right honourable Piggzy.
    I think this is more a backlash with Tories and DUP bumchums waving through sweeping cuts to free school meal eligibility with the irony of MP's getting subsidised food and protecting Northern Ireland from similar curbs due to them needing the DUP's votes

2 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

Over Carl (18th March 2018),  piggzy (18th March 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I personally believe that the food and drinks served in parliament should be the same and cost the same as the food and drinks available in NHS hospitals.

Whilst I vaguely agree with that, my opinion is that price matching hospitals is just part of it. I remember when I was in hospital for a bit, all the food was inedible and resulted in me leaving with a bad case of constipation. Also every time I went to even buy food in the hospital restaurant, anything that sounded vaguely appealing was always unavailable, just a name plate by an empty tray. I remember ending up one day buying fruit from a stall inside the hospital thinking that was probably my best option. Next morning everything left over had rotted and made a big mess of my deskside table. If we are going to match the rest of the hospital food experience then I agree with matching hospital food prices.

2 Thanks given to Over Carl

MHP (18th March 2018),  piggzy (18th March 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Over Carl View Post

Whilst I vaguely agree with that, my opinion is that price matching hospitals is just part of it. I remember when I was in hospital for a bit, all the food was inedible and resulted in me leaving with a bad case of constipation. Also every time I went to even buy food in the hospital restaurant, anything that sounded vaguely appealing was always unavailable, just a name plate by an empty tray. I remember ending up one day buying fruit from a stall inside the hospital thinking that was probably my best option. Next morning everything left over had rotted and made a big mess of my deskside table. If we are going to match the rest of the hospital food experience then I agree with matching hospital food prices.
    Had a relative recently in hospital for a while and the food was so bad I was cooking up good decent grub and as it was only a half hour drive taking in fresh home cooked still fairly warm healthy stuff. The hospital still made him choose a food option, leading to waste and when we turned up with his decent grub there was a whole posse of tuts, sighs and eye rolling from the staff. What a fucking joke. One of the biggest healers is the stuff we feed ourselves and they want to guilt trip the odd family who try do the right thing.

Thanks to piggzy

Over Carl (18th March 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Pigs at the trough is quite apt in this case

Regarding the Tories in general, I'm at least thankful that they're somewhat paralyzed because of last year's election result. In the case of school meals, this is a far watered down version of what their manifesto said (scrap lunch and replace with breakfast).

What amazes me is that even while paralyzed, they are still cnuts. Even now I shudder at the thought of what they could do with the 100-seat majority that some people thought they would get.

2 Thanks given to flumperino

Bald Bouncer (19th March 2018),  Over Carl (19th March 2018)