Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ant McPartlin held over drink-driving after collision

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    she must have hit every ugly branch on the way down from the ugly tree. Like I said he is on a slow slope to death. Can I add him to 2019 death sweetstake
    Yeah but if she gets half his money then she can afford to have her face sandblasted and reshaped
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Fuck me. Never seen her before but that must look fucking rough in the morning.
    Yeah bit of a fucking minger I would agree. I bet she is laughing now after the divorce settlement though. £30 million I read.

Thanks
    Karma Level

BBC News Ant McPartlin fined £86,000 for drink driving

TV presenter Ant McPartlin has been fined £86,000 after pleading guilty to drink driving.
    The Britain's Got Talent presenter and Saturday Night Takeaway presenter was also banned from driving for 20 months.
    He was charged following a collision with two other cars while driving in Richmond, London, on 18 March.
    In a witness statement, the driver of one of the cars said he and his wife "could have died as a result of Mr McPartlin's reckless driving".
    The driver of another car hit by McPartlin's Mini said the TV presenter's car came round the corner like "a rocket".
    'Ashamed and mortified'

McPartlin was more than double the drink drive limit at the time, Wimbledon Magistrates' Court heard.
    The charge states he had 75 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath - the legal limit is 35 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath.
    McPartlin's driving ban can be reduced to 15 months if he completes a drink drive referral programme by mid-May 2019.
    In a letter read out in court, McPartlin said he is "ashamed and mortified" and "accepts full responsibility".
    He also said he let himself "and so many others down".
    The presenter added that he realised people in the public eye should provide a positive example to others and that his court appearance was a "turning point" for him.
    His barrister Liam Walker said McPartlin has expressed both his "sorrow and regret" and knows the consequences could have been much worse.
    'Lost control'

Prosecutor Katie Sinnett-Jones told the court the incident happened at around 3.50pm on 18 March on Lower Richmond Road.
    She said McPartlin was driving around a "sharp bend and lost control" and then ended up on the wrong side of the road.
    He collided with another Mini Cooper car before driving "straight into the front of an oncoming car".
    McPartlin's vehicle "came to a halt and was no longer driveable due to the damage caused" she said.
    In a statement read by Ms Sinnett-Jones, the driver of the other Mini said: "Myself and my family were in deep shock as we believed we could have died as as a result of Mr McPartlin's reckless driving."
    The Metropolitan Police previously said that a number of individuals were treated at the scene for minor injuries, and a child passenger from one of the cars was taken to hospital to be checked as a precaution.
    McPartlin's barrister said his client had been seeking help for "alcohol and emotional issues" at the time of the crash, adding that his mother was in the car with him.
    He told the judge the incident was down to "a brief relapse unbeknownst to his passenger".
    'Let down terribly'

"Anthony McPartlin is sorry and is doing everything he can to ensure this never happens again," Mr Walker said.
    "He hopes that in time he can make himself better and that he might be forgiven by all of the many people he knows and he feels he has let down terribly."
    McPartlin's statement to police said: "I accept full culpability for this and wish to apologise to all those concerned."
    After he was charged, his publicist confirmed McPartlin was taking time off from his TV commitments. He is currently seeking treatment.
    His presenting partner Declan Donnelly hosted the final two episodes of Saturday Night Takeaway alone and will also host Britain's Got Talent on his own, although McPartlin was seen on the ITV show over the weekend as the talent show aired its pre-recorded audition shows.

Follow us on Facebook, on Twitter @BBCNewsEnts, or on Instagram at bbcnewsents. If you have a story suggestion email entertainment.news@bbc.co.uk.
    Let's block ads! (Why?)

BBC News

Thanks
    Karma Level

He got 20 months ban and £86,000 (even tho he was on £130,000 a week)
    http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...PWjQ&ocid=iehp

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks to Bilbo_baggin

Over Carl (16th April 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

50k to each victim from his amassed fortune would make him seem the better guy and probably make a bad experience a hell of a lot better for the victims. Also be less for him to have to handover to that munter he married...

Thanks to BertRoot

piggzy (16th April 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BertRoot View Post
    50k to each victim from his amassed fortune would make him seem the better guy and probably make a bad experience a hell of a lot better for the victims. Also be less for him to have to handover to that munter he married...
    My thoughts too. If you are on roughly £0.5 million a months it is fuck all and will make you look the better man.
    Oh well, if he is lucky he will be next decades presenter of "Crystal Maze" before vanishing into oblivion.

Thanks
    Karma Level

As this has been such a high profile case, he could have been given a custodial sentence in order to deter other people from doing the same. That seems to be the way that sentencing often works.

All this has highlighted is that if people like you and the media like you, you get a free pass.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12