Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Film Bill and Ted 3 Is Closer Than Ever to Finally Happening

It's a good day for fans of Bill and Ted. Earlier today we learned of a reunion where Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter, along with creators Ed Solomon and Chris Matheson talked about the original plans for Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Now, the crew admit that they're only months away from hopefully getting Bill & Ted 3 officially off the ground. We've been getting teased about the third installment in the Bill and Ted franchise for years now, but it really feels like it's only a matter of time before the cameras start rolling on Bill and Ted 3.
    Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter have kept in touch over the years, even working together on Winter's 2015 documentary, Deep Web, which Reeves narrated. As the idea for Bill and Ted 3, the duo explain that Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon approached them back in 2007 about reprising their iconic roles. However, Reeves notes that there's a difference between the "show" and the "business," when discussing why the movie hasn't happened yet.
    "Chris and Ed came to us in 2007 with the idea of doing it. They pitched us an idea. It sounded great. In show business, there's show and then there's business."
    As previously reported, Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon have been actively seeking financial backing to get Bill and Ted 3, aka Bill and Ted Face the Music, up and running. In the meantime, they've teased out ideas to fans over the past year and have worked hard at making something that will stand up to the rest of the Bill and Ted franchise. And now, it looks like we're closer than ever to seeing Bill and Ted 3 on the big screen. Solomon had this to say.
    "We are hoping to close a deal with some financiers. Hopefully within the next month or so, we'll have news that will stick."
    But that's not all of the news for Bill and Ted 3. Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon have also found their director and have already filled in some more of the cast along with producers. This is pretty big news, to say the least. Alex Winter had this to say.
    "We went out and found a director. Dean Parisot, who we love, did Galaxy Quest, which is a masterpiece."
    As for the cast, Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter are obviously returning as Bill and Ted, but Bill Sadler is coming back as Death. Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon recently announced that they had written a part for Sadler to which the actor revealed that he'd love to come back to reprise his role. Solomon says.
    "Steven Soderbergh is one of the producers on it. Along with Scott Kroopf, the original producer (of Excellent Adventure and Bogus Journey). Bill Sadler is back,
    returning as death, and a few delicious cameos by people to be named another time."
    The creators liken getting Bill and Ted 3 made to making Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. The big studios just don't know what to do with Bill and Ted, which Chris Matheson ultimately thinks is a good thing because the new movie has the same spirit as the first two, declaring that it feels right, instead of stale. Both Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter love the characters so much and believe that there has never been a better time than now to be "excellent to each other." Hopefully that studio backing comes in quickly, because it sounds like Bill and Ted 3 is going to be awesome. You can check out the original report over at Entertainment Weekly.
    Bill and Ted 3 HAS to happen!!!!#BillandTed#billandTed3#KeanuReeves#AlexWinterpic.twitter.com/YOTxvZdgM9
    — Revelbots (@revelbots) March 30, 2018

Source

Thanks to Raptor

WillD (2nd May 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Bill and Ted 3 Is Closer Than Ever to Finally Happening

In my youth I loved the first two films but I am really not sure this is a good idea.

Hope it pans out.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

loved the first ones

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

EXCELLENT

Sent from my Philips Cellnet using a 12c508
    Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....

Thanks
    Karma Level

They’ve been talking about this for years, I’ll believe it when I see it.
    Be excellent to each other.
    Ooh, ooh, ooh, the funky gibbon.

Thanks to funkyg

piggzy (3rd April 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Some pics of recent reunion

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And video interview

Spoiler:

Sources:
    https://www.moviefone.com/2018/03/30...hotos-give-us/
    https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/keanu...ill-and-ted-3/
    Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

3 Thanks given to tombott

EvilBoB (4th April 2018),  piggzy (4th April 2018),  stevo25 (4th April 2018)