Close

Thread: No more Sky

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Help No more Sky

So my cushy deal with Sky finally screwed up. Had a couple years worth so no complaints really.

In short my neighbour had Sky package and I essentially had his multi-room. In return for me paying fuck all for Sky, I let him used my wifi. All was good until he decided to get Sky mobile as well. Not that, that was the problem. Turns out they messed up the Direct Debit and cut him off. So he called them and went ape shit at them. He's not technical or diplomatic. End result was the TV is now cut off and he's blacklisted! He was already on the naughty boy list with them and only some Scottish call centre would deal with him. So, to cock that up was pretty impressive.

He's gonna stump up for a couple of mag boxes and an iptv sub which is fine. I don't give two shits about tv. I download or stream anything I want to watch anyway.

I digress...

What can I do to get at the recordings on the box? Is there still that freeview card for a one off payment?

Beyond that, I am going to rip the 2tb hard drives from both boxes when a replacement solution is in place. Anything I need to know about that.

DJ OD

2 Thanks given to DJ OD

Mickey (4th April 2018),  Over Carl (4th April 2018)  

Social Networking Bookmarks