Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Anyone into Kayaking/ Canoeing?

Just ordered a kayak for some leisure time on the water (mainly the Sea) after not doing anything like it since I was a lad a long time ago. Will be mainly fishing as I do a lot of that from the shore currently. I've opted for the new Hobie model the Compass, looks good and a big appeal was that it's one with a pedal type drive system as well as a paddle.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Anyone into Kayaking/ Canoeing?

I have an inflatable kayak as I don't have a roof rack or trailer for a rigid, at first I thought they'd be terrible but they are excellent. So quick to pump up and let down, they feel solid and go through water fine. I've taken it out on the river briefly but I prefer canals as we have some really quiet, picturesque (for want of a more manly word) routes around here.

Mines 3/4 years old and still going strong, bought a second one too. I have the Intex Challenger K1, you can pick them up for as little as £50 but probs a bit more now that the suns out. I'd personally have paid £100 given how well it's lasted and how fun it is out on them, but beware if you are particularly tall or heavy as one of my mates has broken 2, loads more mates got the, and they have been fine. I'm 6 foot and have no problems.

Thanks to evilsatan

burner1 (26th April 2018)