Close

Thread: Solo

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Solo

Just been to see this at Pinewood.

The film ties things up nicely, has good action and 95% of the scenes serve a purpose unlike the mess that was The Last Jedi.

Pinewood cinema is really intimate experience. It's got a massive screen but people aren't crammed in, there can't have been more than 50 people in there. There are no trailers, no adverts and no turn off your phone bullshit. The screen was clean unlike my local odeon/vuw which all seem to have streaks of fizzy drink all over their screens. The seats were the comfiest I've sat in to watch a film, better than premier seats at odeon. The price was £15 which is £4 cheaper than Odeon/vue premier.

Great film and a great cinema, I'm definitely watching all my films there now.

2 Thanks given to beerman

flumperino (25th May 2018),  Rhinoz (25th May 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Solo

Going this morning to my local Cineworld in 3D IMAX. £28 incl Cineworld Plus discount for 1 adult and (ahem) me as a student. Not a big fan of 3D TBH but thought this might do it justice. Also not been to IMAX presentation before so double-bubble if it turns out great.
    Unfortunately there's 20 mins or so of ads and trailers...

Thanks
    Karma Level

I very rarely go to the cinema tbh. I hate what it has become, and its not the nice budget night out it once was. Rowdy kids and poor quality on all counts has lost me as a customer.

That said last time I went to the cinema, and I will only go for a film I beleive justifies going to see in "in all its glory" or the cinema, I went here: https://www.electriccinema.co.uk/portobello

I fucking loved it. Saw Bladerunner there with Doris and was very pleased with the "bed" we shared. I had a couple beers, and was very pleased. We went next door after to the Electric Diner for a fkin nice hotdog and fries. I know its all really hipster shit, but it was a good day out and better value then the local VUE or Cineworld.

Back on topic, im seriously considdering going to watch Solo there.

DJ OD

3 Thanks given to DJ OD

akimba (28th May 2018),  Ashley (27th May 2018),  c0axial (13th June 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just read a report saying that the film is not going to break even, and that it's failings could be due to fans turning their backs due to the feelings over the Last Jedi. This absolutely sums up my position. I still shake my head over the thought of the Last Jedi. Rogue One was awesome and every bit of what I want to see in a Star Wars movie. The Force Awakens didn't set the world alight but was enjoyable and a promising start to a new tribology.

Maybe a back story on such a good character as Han Solo was a bit risky, but should I put my disappointment behind me and give the cinema the best part of twenty quid and give it a shot?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dainese View Post
    Just read a report saying that the film is not going to break even, and that it's failings could be due to fans turning their backs due to the feelings over the Last Jedi. This absolutely sums up my position. I still shake my head over the thought of the Last Jedi. Rogue One was awesome and every bit of what I want to see in a Star Wars movie. The Force Awakens didn't set the world alight but was enjoyable and a promising start to a new tribology.

Maybe a back story on such a good character as Han Solo was a bit risky, but should I put my disappointment behind me and give the cinema the best part of twenty quid and give it a shot?
    The Last Jedi was awful. I actually enjoyed Solo. A lot of people didn't like the political robot but I found her entertaining.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by chizh View Post
    Going this morning to my local Cineworld in 3D IMAX. £28 incl Cineworld Plus discount for 1 adult and (ahem) me as a student.
    My local Vue has dropped the price from £12+ to £5.99, went to see Solo at this price and will probably go more often now it is a reasonable cost.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    I very rarely go to the cinema tbh. I hate what it has become, and its not the nice budget night out it once was. Rowdy kids and poor quality on all counts has lost me as a customer.

That said last time I went to the cinema, and I will only go for a film I beleive justifies going to see in "in all its glory" or the cinema, I went here: https://www.electriccinema.co.uk/portobello

I fucking loved it. Saw Bladerunner there with Doris and was very pleased with the "bed" we shared. I had a couple beers, and was very pleased. We went next door after to the Electric Diner for a fkin nice hotdog and fries. I know its all really hipster shit, but it was a good day out and better value then the local VUE or Cineworld.

Back on topic, im seriously considdering going to watch Solo there.

DJ OD
    Got a bed at the Portobello electric cinema, was awesome one issue with a bar in the cinema is you need a piss halfway thru the film ;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by koola2 View Post
    My local Vue has dropped the price from £12+ to £5.99, went to see Solo at this price and will probably go more often now it is a reasonable cost.
    Vue in Hartlepool is EVERY FILM, EVERY DAY - £4.99 Has been for a long time, bargain