Close

Thread: A Quiet Place

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default A Quiet Place

So this has been bouncing round the top slot of most movie charts recently and its just popped up in "the usual places".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6644200/

It's not a bad movie, and a reletively new idea in the thriller/horror/jumpy genre. What I find odd is that its done so well in the cinema. I would have hated to see this in the cinema, and when you watch it you might know what i mean. Lets just say that make sure the subtitles are switched on when you play it.

Was well filmed, and well acted with only the leading woman actually familer to me. Emily Blunt.

Kind of reminded me a bit of the Will Smith's I Am Legend but still a good story. Looks like it did well enough for a second movie as well. Which may in my opinion kill off the good things the film did.

Could have done with more in it, but 6/10 for me.

DJ OD

Thanks to DJ OD

Teajunkie (26th May 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: A Quiet Place

Yet to watch this but had it a few days now.
    Trailer looks promising I just hope it’s not another hyped up movie that turns out junk.

i like the horror films that make you jump even when you don’t actually see anything.
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    What I find odd is that its done so well in the cinema. I would have hated to see this in the cinema, and when you watch it you might know what i mean.
    It was a great cinema experience. Without giving the plot away, it certainly kept everyone on the edge of their seat in the screening I was in. I think it would play well at home with your home cinema turned up to 11.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It was weird in the cinema, I wasn't able to eat my popcorn for the noise it would make, found myself stuffing it in when there was any noise. The concept was good, execut1on was decent but the ending was so cheesy it ruined it somewhat. Worth a watch.

Social Networking Bookmarks