Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default codename Scarlett

Early news yet chaps, but something.

While Microsoft may have been founded as being a software company, there is no question about it that they are a hardware company too. With the Surface family, the Xbox, and peripherals, the company doesn’t shy away from building its own products and has established a sizeable fanbase who is interested in ‘what’s next’ for the company when it relates to these types of products.

This past week, I was tipped off that the next generation Xbox was codenamed Scarlett and in an effort to track down if this information was accurate, I was able to view content that highlighted several unannounced Microsoft products that are coming in the next two years.
    Microsoft is planning for the next Xbox console release to arrive in 2020. But what is more interesting, is that Microsoft describes ‘Scarlett’ as a family of devices; meaning we may see multiple pieces of hardware released that year.
    That date may seem relatively close considering that the Xbox One X launched last year but Microsoft is aggressively moving ahead with hardware in the console space to shake up the industry. But what we don’t know is if this is a brand new set of devices or simply a more ‘powerful’ Xbox One that is again, fully backward compatible with all the content available today.
    Considering how much effort Microsoft has put into backward compatibility, I would expect the Scarlett devices to support current gen games but offer more advanced features and align possibly with Microsoft’s upcoming game-streaming services.
    As with any leak this far out, timing and plans can change but I was able to verify the information I viewed as being authentic and fully believe that the company is on-track to release the new console in two years.
    source

Ted

Lots of my repairs and pictures of retro stuff on my twitter.

https://twitter.com/Big_ted1?t=s9zEZ...Z-npEyeKA&s=09

5 Thanks given to BIG-TED

akimba (18th June 2018),  EvilBoB (2nd August 2018),  Mickey (15th June 2018),  piggzy (18th July 2018),  WRATH OF BOD (15th June 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: codename Scarlett

I am hoping its the surface phone range that is or is not going to happen?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by akimba View Post
    I am hoping its the surface phone range that is or is not going to happen?
    I think Surface Phone will never come about. I could see them releasing a Phablet style Surface though but at this point iOS and Android are so far ahead that MS should probably leave them alone as standard handsets.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks to EvilBoB

akimba (19th July 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have heard/read rumours of an xbox one/holo lens pairing around this time frame.
    I got the impression it was a "version" of holo lens suited to gaming. Probably cut down on features to keep costs down as right now holo lens is waaaaay too much brass.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBoB View Post
    I think Surface Phone will never come about. I could see them releasing a Phablet style Surface though but at this point iOS and Android are so far ahead that MS should probably leave them alone as standard handsets.
    Looking less and less lightly https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...ans/ar-AAAi5jy :-(