Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Action Fraud / Police

As anyone who has been a victim of fraud in the last few year will have found, the police seem to refuse to accept any reports of fraud and will just refer you to action fraud. Action fraud don't seem to actually give a shit and just seem to want to build information.

The thing I'm wondering is how the police are getting away with to dodging their duties? I've been looking around and can't seem to find any leglislation that exempts police from taking reports of fraud which leaves me baffled how they are getting away with shirking their duties.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Action Fraud / Police

Quote Originally Posted by Over Carl View Post
    As anyone who has been a victim of fraud in the last few year will have found, the police seem to refuse to accept any reports of fraud and will just refer you to action fraud. Action fraud don't seem to actually give a shit and just seem to want to build information.

The thing I'm wondering is how the police are getting away with to dodging their duties? I've been looking around and can't seem to find any leglislation that exempts police from taking reports of fraud which leaves me baffled how they are getting away with shirking their duties.
    No real knowledge on it but should I take that course of action my approach would be going into the police station and saying I wish to report a crime and if they tried to fob me off with having to report it to action fraud I would be insistent and if they still refused to accept my report I would make an official complaint. All that said if they took the report I would expect it to be filed in the bin.

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

Over Carl (21st July 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Tis to "free up" stretched police resources......Or in other words they are passing the buck and massaging the figures. Don't go driving at 34 in a 30 though or they will be on to you faster than a fast thing lol.

Thanks to DavidF

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's simple, they get categorised when going through triage, and most AF reportable incidents fall to the bottom of the pile.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    "That's why I fucked your bitch you fat mother fucker"

Thanks to BigBrand