Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Using paypal outside of Ebay

So, what happened?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was supposed to hear back on Tue/Wed after he had got some transportation prices... still waiting! He is now simmering a way on the back burner as far as im concerned as i readvertised it Sunday night as planned.
    If he BT's me the money ill remove the ad.. if not then it gets sold He may well moan, but without even a deposit, ill just add him to spam
    So far he cost me nothing but a little time.

Thanks to josweet

BertRoot (3rd August 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I always thought if you send via PayPal as a "gift" you don't get any protection?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJAd View Post
    I always thought if you send via PayPal as a "gift" you don't get any protection?
    I would think if you claimed the account was hacked and you didn't make the payment you would get it returned although I haven't checked this.

Thanks
    Karma Level

From what I understand you don't get buyer/seller protection when you send as a gift.

“gift” or “personal” payments are intended as transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance. On the other hand, as it is a “personal” payment, there is no Buyer or Seller Protection Policy, as no goods or services have been exchanged.

As for the original poster, fuck that. I would say UK mainland shipping only. Save yourself a lot of hassle and avoid the possibility getting scammed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJAd View Post
    From what I understand you don't get buyer/seller protection when you send as a gift.

“gift” or “personal” payments are intended as transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance. On the other hand, as it is a “personal” payment, there is no Buyer or Seller Protection Policy, as no goods or services have been exchanged.

As for the original poster, fuck that. I would say UK mainland shipping only. Save yourself a lot of hassle and avoid the possibility getting scammed.
    Yes I understand their 'policy' but if an account is hacked then the hacker can't send money to a friend or family of the account holder so the transaction would instantly be in breach of the policy, I would think and again this is opinion a credit card company would allow a chargeback and in that case I would expect PayPal to take the money back or put a charge against the account. They may well ask the receiver to prove the person sending the money is either family or a friend which of course they would not be able to again being in breach of the policy.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The end.
    It was sold to someone in the UK who paid cash and collected this morning. I also blocked the original guy from bidding due to all his messing me about.
    Its gone finally thanks fook.

4 Thanks given to josweet

ivrytwr3 (11th August 2018),  Mickey (11th August 2018),  Over Carl (11th August 2018),  piggzy (11th August 2018)  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12