Close

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default New Car: Mazda 3 SE-Nav (66 plate)

Decided that my trusty old Astra that I have had for the last 8 years wasn't cost effective to keep as I could feel the clutch was on its way out, it had a small oil leak and needed work doing to it according the advisory notes on the MOT. So I have always wanted another Mazda, I had an old 626 when I was 18 but wrote it off like you do when you are new to driving.

The car cost me £10500 with the dealer giving me £500 for mine, it wasn't even worth that as the Astra had done 125k on the clock, I might have got a tad more if I sold it private, but I knew it would have the issues above in the next few months. The car has only done 16k miles from new and was in pristine condition. The cars fantastic to drive and I am still getting to grips with all the gadgets this thing has.

I have been driving this car for a few days now and the petrol consumption is unbelievable, even better than my Astra diesel. At my age I think I'm out of the boy racer mode finally and this car although is quite fast of the mark I don't really feel the need for speed anymore.

Review here:

My next project but I am unsure is to MOD the infochannel and add new features but I am unsure and this will invalidate my 13 months warranty. I did update the maps as I can get 2 map updates per year till September next year. But then the cost is over £100 per update, then probably install Android Auto onto the box and ill be good to go.

Mazda All in One Hack tool review here with best choices

Videoplayer looks fun, but not whilst your driving lmao

The car as said is cheap to run. The insurance is about £10 less per month than my Astra was and it only costs me £30 road tax for the year so I am getting a great saving.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mickey; 11th August 2018 at 11:20 AM.

3 Thanks given to Mickey

Ashley (11th August 2018),  JonEp (14th August 2018),  Over Carl (19th August 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: New Car: Mazda 3 SE-Nav (66 plate)

I've currently got a 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Nav 2.2D. Getting 48MGP at the minute. Really good car but I hate not being able to use the touchscreen when moving at over 5mph, I have been looking at the Infotainment system and mine is on the original v31 or v33. So I would have to update it first before I got to tweak it before using the Mazda all in one tool. I got quoted £60 for the local Mazda dealer to update it for me.

One thing I don't get is why they didn't include DAB radio in this thing. Other than that I can't really fault it, I am looking at getting it remapped for a little more power. Think it can go to 210HP

2 Thanks given to lou3b

Mickey (15th August 2018),  Over Carl (19th August 2018)  

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If you get a dealer to update it, they will put in version V59 which cant get updated as they have taken out the bootloader thing. there is clever tricks to get round it but its not for the faint hearted.

They put dab in cars registered after september1st 2016. As its in mine
    And its not really upto what I need because as I leave Ilkley on my way over to my partners the Radio looses signal to my local Leeds radio.
    Ill have to tune the FM part and use that as a plan b

Thanks to Mickey

Over Carl (19th August 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yea I've read about that. I'm on V31 and need to update to V33 first then may update to V56 to be able to get the Mazda all in one hack tool. I'm struggling to find the V33 files to update to first though.

Yep, think you can get Mazda to fit the DAB Radio in for you, but still strange why they didn't include it in the top of the range car in 2014? when my 12 plate Focus 1.0 EcoBoost had it..

Which engine did you go for?

Thanks to lou3b

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

went for the 1.5, which for me is ok as I don't need to be a speed demon

you should be able to get the stock firmware on the AIO forums

Thanks to Mickey