Close

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Gumtree time wasters

Really boils my piss this. Advertised a console for sale on gumtree. Cunt messages me asking all sorts of questions and saying he will come and pick it up this evening between 6 and 7. I messaged him around 5 to confirm and he says it will be closer to 9 as something has '' come up ''. This should have been my first alarm bell.

Told him he can come at 9 but as its late with my kids in bed I won't be able to show him it working. He says ok that's fine I trust you its all working fine see you at 9.

Message him again at 8.50 to ask if he is still coming. No reply. Nothing. Cunt.

Whatever happened to common courtesy. Got his mobile number. What dodgy shit can I sign him up for??

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Gumtree time wasters

This has happened to me 5 maybe 6 times the last few weeks trying to sell my headunit.
    I hate gumtree full of tyre kicking assholes who want everything for nothing.

We sold our old car and had 15+ enquiries per week only 2 people actually showed up to view it after waiting in for 4 diffferent people who never showed.
    one of them wanted me to knock £700 the price cheeky cunts.
    Second bloke was a a mechanic and gave full asking price and even commented how well we had looked after it.

I wont advertise on gumtree ever again.
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

Thanks
    Karma Level

Same as FB - Mrs has recently been advertising kids clothes/toys etc and she's very trusting (naive?)

• 1 person said yep they'll have it, so she told others it was sold and removed ad etc. Buyer goes quiet and after a few messages says she doesn't drive and needs to get her sister to bring her - a week gone and no show.

• Same story as above, but even though the item location is described, after removing the item from sale, his excuse for no show was that it was too far to collect.

• Also, we are talking low value items, we had a couple of Next etc items almost immaculate up for £2, "i'll give you £1", but the best are the ones who when you put, free, collection only, and ask "Can you deliver?" Hold on, i am giving you a Next kids jacket that cost me £40 for nothing, but you want me to use my time and petrol to deliver it to you too? GET TA FUCK!

Those are just the ones i can think off the top of my head, i know there's more, cause it's funny watching her getting wound up over £2!

Thanks
    Karma Level

When selling on gumtree/freeads/facebook etc I always just give the postcode then tell them when they are on the street to mess/call me that way the fcukers dont get your address.
    Call me paranoid but I think some of these wankers just want your address and check out if its worth a rob.

Thanks to consoles

Northernbloke (1st September 2018)  

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I've got another buyer lined up for this evening. I'll see if this is another no show.

Just had this email from a buyer. Skids dodgy as fuck.

'' Hello, Can you assure me that is in good state and that i will not be disappointed with it.I'm ready to pay your asking price and to be honest.but am not in UK presently.Am buying this item for my only son as a Birthday Gift and i will add £80 for the postage cost via Parcelforce Next Day OR RoyalMail... And i will made the payment through my PayPal account because is very secure and easy to receive money.. if you don't have an account with PayPal,its pretty easy, safe and secured to open one. Just log on to www.PayPal.co.uk.And send me your PayPal email address and full name so that i can send the payment there and i will like to see more pics i look forward to hear back from you soon.

Your PayPal email address:
    Final Asking Price:
    Your full name:
    Thanks''

Needless to say I told him where to go....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fuck letting some gumtree random into my house. I will always meet them in town or something.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It's decent to advertise cars on as it's free but you do attract wankers, years ago I went to sell one of mine and had this kid turn up, try to offer way under (looked like he was planning to sell it on himself) and even tried claiming the car was a CAT D (I already had the checks ran by BigBrand I think which proved it wasn't previously a write off). Told him to piss off and sold it to a family the following week a bit under asking price.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

last thing i put on gumtree was a phone, i got the usual i want it for my sons birthday scam but the oddest one was somebody wanting to hire it off me
    i said sure i need a £100 non refundable deposit ( which just happens to be the price i wanted for the phone ) and you can hire it for free for as long as you like
    i thought it a bit rude when they didn't reply

iv'e sold a few things on gumtree without hassle in the past but when i wanted to buy a fairly high end lap top a while ago it was a bloody pain
    rung loads up to be given the run around with all sorts of excuses when it came to giving me an address to see / buy the laptop
    the only conclusion was the must be dodgy / stolen and were worried who they might be selling to
    got one eventually but it took a while