Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Signs

Thanks
    Karma Level

I thought the Aliens were pretty cheesy, but the movie definatly earned my money, and I'll be buying the DVD too. Some of the scenes were great, the video tape obviously, and the knife scene. When he was looking at the reflection I was so panicked I was about to see this fuckin scary alien face...
    Anyway, are these crop circles like real? Weren't they just some hoax?

Thanks
    Karma Level

This movie was terrible. It is a typical example of a pussified liberal version of modern times. For the entire history of alien invasion movies if we found the aliens to be hostile we kicked the crap out of them. We didnt run inside and hide next to the tv. Get out the good old shotgun and kick some ass. The only people in rural pennsylvania that dont own shotguns are the amish.

then there are just the silly parts of the movie... they live on a farm but where's all the farm equipment? where the hell did they get all those boards from to board up the house? I could understand if they lived in hurricane alley but it's eastern farking pennsylvania.
    Why would aliens land on a planet that's 75% water when it melts them at least they would bring rain coats.

This was just simply a poorly written story about a man questioning his faith, with sci-fi thrown in for the hell of it. What am i supposed to be scared of? static on a baby monitor? biped aliens smaller than i am who have gas issues? The 5 minutes the put into those cgi aliens were terribly impressive as well.

Thanks
    Karma Level

it was amazing, case closed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

case actually isnt closed

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by evstein7
    Anyway, are these crop circles like real? Weren't they just some hoax?
    yes they are a hoax, i saw some show on it where the guys who did them made them, it was just a rope that was teid to a board and then dragged, anyways when mel is talking to the cop she eplains that they are fake also.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Brazil Tape...

I will never forget this scene in my complete life!!! hardest shock moment I have ever seen... damn good movie

I will buy the dvd to hear the directors commentary

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by drunk@bar

yes they are a hoax, i saw some show on it where the guys who did them made them, it was just a rope that was teid to a board and then dragged, anyways when mel is talking to the cop she eplains that they are fake also.
    No, the cop explains to him that it is possible for humans to do it in a few hours.

But what I didn't get, was why, and how, that east-indian dude who killed Mel Gibson's wife had an alien in his house. And what was the blood on his shirt from?

Thatd00d

Originally posted by RDSFSU2002

But what I didn't get, was why, and how, that east-indian dude who killed Mel Gibson's wife had an alien in his house. And what was the blood on his shirt from?
    Heh...

You mean Ray? Who was also the director of signs (M. Night Shyamalan). Maybe he cut himself tryin' to get the alien in the pantry. Either that, or he got a paper cut counting all the money he's made off this.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Thatd00d

Heh...

You mean Ray? Who was also the director of signs (M. Night Shyamalan). Maybe he cut himself tryin' to get the alien in the pantry. Either that, or he got a paper cut counting all the money he's made of this.
    Yeah, but how the fuck did he capture the alien?

Thanks
    Karma Level

see this agrees with all the people talking about a deeper meaning to this movie. If the aliens represented deamons then he could have known that if you get demons in the same room as kraft macaroni anc cheese and hamburger helper then you lock the door they become powerless.

...or it could be the fact that the majority of this movie is stupid and makes no sense.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Spoilers:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    The aliens don't just invade the Hess family's home. They're invading houses nearby too. They just land near the Hess family's place. Ray probably caught the alien looking around in his house and he fought back, unlike the Hess family. For the Hess family, it's Graham who's the spiritual and emotional center. In fact, he's the spiritual and emotional center for the town, but on a much more personal level, he's the spiritual center for the family. When he runs, it's instinctive for the entire family to run. Because they're afraid of the worst. Graham's loss of his faith, or his rejection of his faith, causes him to believe in the worst because of his insistence there is no higher being out there that's protecting them. I thought the movie was very good. Still, the ending was really lacking, especially with the weak water bit. Although I get that the aliens COULD be really interpreted as demons.

Thanks
    Karma Level

He said, I saw the Alien in there and shut him in...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Weren't they problem solvers like that kid said? I'm sure there was another way it could've gotten out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by evstein7
    Weren't they problem solvers like that kid said? I'm sure there was another way it could've gotten out.
    remember, the guy had just got him in there, and after Mel cut his fingers off, he left. That means the alien could have only been in there for 10mins before he got out. He was prolly one of the Aliens attacking the Family.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Thunder

Did you even watch the movie?
    yup , seen it twice

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by kasakka
    Maybe the movie could've used like a radio or tv after the family goes to the cellar, telling them (and the viewers) what is happening in the outside world, explaining maybe why the aliens left..not just "they just left"
    see i got the impression that they left because enough people on earth "believed" or prayed kind of thing, or at least thats how I tied it up instantly, I was never left with that wtf happened to the aliens feeling or it was a copout.

Overall I thought it was better than I expected, great how they did the whole alien thing only on the tv and didnt go all independence day stupidness, and I mean the larger theme here is faith so I dont really get why people are slagging the alien thing so much, like why didnt they do this or that or it came for revenge but how did it know, I mean geez, its so obviously not the intended point of the flick, like who cares if it didnt fight back enough or whatever.

I dunno, the ending was great I thought (alien part) but kinda cliche with the rejoining the church bit all because of wife's message, kinda cheese but hey.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Actually, I really think the aliens were demons. It does make sense when you look at it from that context. Faith would be a major deterrent against the aliens as a result and judgement day or armageddon would be postponed. There are clues in the movie that indicate this too. This would explain how they were repelled in the Middle East first as well, and how the water hurt them and stuff. I thought this was a really good movie, but I don't think it's Shyamalan's best. As far as I'm concerned, Unbreakable is his best and it's one of my favorite movies.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Umm I thought it said the aliens left after the humans were fighting back. The dude listening to the radio said "everyone has a weakness." Water fucked the aliens up. I had assumed that the humans figured this out and launched an attack on the aliens with water.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Scan this thread and then you will understand when I say that "Thunder" may not be stupid (but he is) although he is CERTAINLY 3 MILES past lost!! Whew!!
    Page one is why I made the comment btw, I know it was confusing and why I am trying to explain it for us all!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Imagine beating the thing with a baseball bat.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast