Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Signs

Thanks
    Karma Level

Alright I have a little different theories upon this movie.

1) Mel's wife was an alien. Seriously think about it, how Mel was telling the kids all the weird things about their births. Maybe she had given birth to that one alien and blah blah I haven't worked it out all the way. I'm not really serious about this, though there's a slight possibility.

2) Did anybody else notice that the alien had a skin patch the same color of the boy's shirt? Maybe I was just seeing things.

I don't know what else, there's a lot of things. I thought the movie was great, though the ending could have been better. The alien looked kind of like those green monsters from House of the Dead. The part where you hear the aliens on the baby monitor freaked me out, and the part with the video tape, I was screaming along with the kids. I'm never scarred of movies, this movie is great.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Just Saul
    2) Did anybody else notice that the alien had a skin patch the same color of the boy's shirt? Maybe I was just seeing things.
    It was "see-through" you could see melgibson on it's wrist, and when it turns around you can see the daughter right before that stupid brother hits it in the back.

Shitty ending.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default imo

In my opinion the movie was pretty good...

Granted the overall basic plot was kinda hokey, but the move had its points.

Acting, very well preformed.

Humor, well...was funny.

Scariness, though based on the overall hokey story (forgive the use of that word, its only one coming to mind), was done VERY well and with damn near perfect timing.

I will admit that this movie, to me anyways, is best to see for the first time in a movie theater. Its main selling point is its timed scary points. It even managed to startle me...a tough task...my girlfriend on the other hand was screaming out loud in the theater......and she's in the military (I have yet to let her down about that....hehehe)!

Anyways, I had a good time seeing it.....yes despite the ending.....but this will probally not be in my DVD collection, just don't think it'll have the same effect at home.

Death_86me.

Warning: Spoiler

about the seeing through the alien and the skin patch....they talked about it have chameleon like ability, which is why they had trouble seeing it sometimes.

Thanks
    Karma Level

For the ones who don't know
    Ray = M. Night Shyamalan

I didn't understand when in the beginning Mel Gibson and Phoenix are running to the children because they hear them screaming....when they first see the little girl she asks to Phoenix "Are you in my dream too?"

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default simple

Well first off she didn't say that to Merrill (Phoenix), she said it to Graham (Gibson). Gibson said to someone on the phone that the children were confused by what they saw...hence the little girl thought she was dreaming.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234