Close

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Signs

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Signs

wow, i just watched this. It started out kind of boring, then got intiresting. The only problem was, it had one of the worst endings i have ever seen in a movie. Ever. I'm not gonna spoil it, but if your thinking about going to the theatre and seeing it, don't waste your money.

Thanks
    Karma Level

wtf are u talking about, that was a great ending

Thanks
    Karma Level

Any aliens in that movie?

Thanks
    Karma Level

just watch it =]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry, advising people NOT to waste their money is lame in my book. If you didn't like it, that's your problem, but that's not to say it isn't a good film. I still have to see it, and I will as soon as it comes out. Shyamalan does have a habit of making divisive endings, Unbreakable was no different, but I thought Unbreakable was brilliant, ending and all, so I'm likely to appreciate Signs.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Signs does has its moments...it does indeed have a dodgy ending imo but for the suspense factor i will definitely spend some money and watch it in the theatre.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by rptl
    Sorry, advising people NOT to waste their money is lame in my book. If you didn't like it, that's your problem, but that's not to say it isn't a good film. I still have to see it, and I will as soon as it comes out. Shyamalan does have a habit of making divisive endings, Unbreakable was no different, but I thought Unbreakable was brilliant, ending and all, so I'm likely to appreciate Signs.
    does matter whats lame in your book. Point of the forum is "Non-technical general discussion of movies. For user reviews of movies, plot discussion, recommendations, upcoming movies, new technologies. All specific technical or release discussion goes in the relevant forums!" I'm not saying it was a horrid movie, i mean, it kept the viewers intrest. And i'm also not saying the ending was wierd, or unbelievable, or anything like that. But you sit there watching the movie, there are 15 minutes left, and you wonder how they could possibly end it in that amount of time. I'm not gonna spoil it, unless people really want to know that bad. But the ending was so unsatisfying, and was just stupid, to put it lightly. It kind of has to do with thinking about how advanced the aliens were, and in seeing that, it is so hard to believe that the aliens would have done, what they did. Guess you will have to see it unless someone else spoils it. Its not like the ending to Unbreakable at all. Unbreakable was a great movie, and i enjoyed it. But Signs has one of the worst endings in a movie that i have ever seen.

Thanks
    Karma Level

and if your really very intirested, the IMDB user comments for it say it quite good.

That brings me to my favorite 'sign' of all. It was bright. It was red. It had four letters. They read: 'E-X-I-T'. So I did.

As I filed out of the theater, I overheard several conversations expressing the same sense of disappointment that I was feeling. A teenage girl, talking to her girlfriend, said it best: "Well, I never want to see that again!"

and this coming from a guy who loved the 6th Sense, and Unbreakable.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry if I snapped at you like that. I still am very excited to see this movie. I loved Unbreakable, and I really liked the Sixth Sense. However, I've read a ton of reviews (avoiding spoilers of course, just getting the quick general impression) and most of them loved the movie. Maybe it's an ending that you personally couldn't buy but some others could, like in Unbreakable. It might be just as divisive a movie as Unbreakable was, you either love it or hate it, but those are the kinds of movies that are worth seeing, IMHO.

Thanks
    Karma Level

theres no hype to this movie, though
    M. Night's career will slowely end as he sinks
    into movies which are characterized by their endings
    while built up by 2 hours worth of slow boring crap.
    If you want to see one of these movies, see road to perdition, which was slow as hell.

Thanks
    Karma Level

this movie was good

good ending
    good story
    good everything

Thanks
    Karma Level

I thought the movie was pretty good, started out slow but really ended nice.

My only thought were the kids were too smart for their ages

Thanks
    Karma Level

Trying to give away as few details as possible, did anyone else think the ending was going to lean towards the little girl? I'm guessing that was what the writer was trying to do though. And the Brazil video tape had to be one of the best thriller scenes I've seen in the past few years. Whoever came up with that scene should get a raise. All in all, great movie.

And also, what's with the director getting bigger and bigger parts in his movies. In the Sixth Sense he was just some random guy, in Unbreakable he was the doctor, and in Signs he had a pretty important part. I'm guessing 10 years down the line he's going to star in his own movies.

Thanks
    Karma Level

this movie was boring. it never reaches the same level of tention as the 6th sence did and it never makes you wonder how it is going to end, like unbreakable did. This movie is too much working towards it's ending, that you just can guess how it's going to end.

Very weak movie. Hope the director get's the tention back in his next movies.

Thanks
    Karma Level

hey! we have wormhole technology, cold fusion, advanced hightech weapons that can destroy entire planets, atomsurgery and nanotech, let's go to that purdy planet and make some circles and shit in that cornfield.

Thanks
    Karma Level

LOL! Very true.
    As for Thunder, I think everyone here was judging based on the workprint.
    I must say, I didn't jump at all the whole movie and I did not feel at all in suspense. They could've used the little girl's dreams more.
    All I can say is: "Swing away, Merrill, swing away"

Thanks
    Karma Level

@Krazy-M:

@@@@@@@@@@SPOILERS dont read below if you havent and want to see it@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Yes I Agree with you completely, that Brazil part put shivers in my spine, i instantly froze , then stood up, the screaming of the children made it more intense, kinda trppd me out cause the way the movie led you to "believe: so it stunned the SHIT out of me...that should be a classic.. as far as the little girl, yes they did kind of leave some things un-explained, my opinion would be the aliens were using her "small simple" mind as some sort of communication device, explaining why she had this water drinking issue, maybe they were doing some new kind of sense with her to verify the mineral/element conditions on earth?( it has algae it tastes bad.. etc" cause they obviously were very susceptable to Water, ( like when it fell on it in the end) maybe OUR CLEAN water is contaminated to their immune system or something?and her dreams? i would think they were her Visions of their communication through her , perhaps some sort of telepathy or so...maybe they communicated or did something with a sense they had THROUGH her and she happened to see them? did you guys notice the red glowing in the back of the alien, near it's spine,at the end when it got hit with the bat.. was that possibly it's heart? one thing also, when Mel Gibson was having that whisper talk to his brother, when he mentioned " or is it possible there ARE no coinicendences" oh man that was intense. i kind of saw this movie as signifying a cross between Religion and Evolution, or trying to show that however you believe , there is always something out there still unexplainable....that was what made it so interesting.. Perhaps a Part 2 ? did they leave ( the aliens) to regroup and come back? or did they just leave cause they didnt like earth?> when they were in the basement and the aliens were KNOCKING, and they mentioned they were not trying to get in, but were trying to DISTRACT THEM... opinions? what were they doing? was it a meeting place? heheh the unknown answer i guess, maybe its in the Book? anyway i thought this movie was excellent, Mel Gibsons acting was great, the part with his wife was interesting, the GUy that killed his wife, when he said " i locked one of them in the pantry" yet another spine tingling part...

was wondering any opinions on the actual Story what people could in a sense, Decipher the meaning? like the DOGS pissing on themselves.. was that from fear>? did they see the aliens or was it their sense that noticed it, were all the aliens hostile? or was it the humans instant Fear that caused the hostility, hence, Gibson chopping off the fingers of that one alien, .. did it come back for revenge? or did it get left behind as a casualty? just curious what the opinions are..

chaka015

Originally posted by g
    hey! we have wormhole technology, cold fusion, advanced hightech weapons that can destroy entire planets, atomsurgery and nanotech, let's go to that purdy planet and make some circles and shit in that cornfield.
    it was never said that they had a single one of those things.

nice try though.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Holy shit...this looks scary as hell.
    Go here
    http://bventertainment.go.com/movies/signs/index.html

Click on 'is it a sign'. And then click the menu thing floating around. I suggest you watch all the videos in the categories, especially the interactive ones in the category "Were we warned". Those are so scary, one where you have a flash light and you're going through the field all of a sudden a hand pops up in your face. Some others are just disturbing, like 'the water is contaminated'. Can anyone explain what thats referring to? And what are the codes at the end of some of them?

Thanks
    Karma Level

That Phoenix guy was very good in this movie.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast