Close

Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Why are Jews so hated?

I know that there is going to be tons of bashing, but maybe through all the hatred we can actually find the root of it.

Why are the Jews the scapegoat of the world? Why is it that when things go bad, there's nothing better than some good old fashioned Jew hating?

Look, I'm Jewish. I'm not religious, I don't wear the "funny black hat", I don't have long sideburns, I don't have a long nose or black hair like so many of the stereotypes suggest. I'm not rich, I work at a part time job and buy things for myself and my friends. Yet the stereotypes persist about richness and cheapness.

WHY?

In all seriousness, why has it become so easy to blame Jews for all the problems in the world? I'm not one of those people who uses the argument "6 million of us died during the war, give me special treatment". I think it was a horrible time, but why are they still so hated?

In the past when threads have talked about September 11th and the situation in Israel, there will always be the people who spout anti-semetic comments. To you people I ask "what have the "dirty Jews" done to you?" Really, did a bunch of them get together, put you in a sack and beat you with sticks?

It's hard for me to speculate because I AM Jewish. Is the hatred just passed on by parents? Is anti-semitism just part of our culture?

Look, this is a board, and you're free to say whatever you want. If you feel like insulting the religion and its people, I can't and won't stop you. But please just do me a favour and explain why?

Why has it become a pasttime to hate Jews?

Thanks
    Karma Level

because hitler said so.

Thanks
    Karma Level

They are the root of everything evil and bad , pls , open your bible and read. The bible was created by jews and it is the spawn of evil. Figure it out

Thanks
    Karma Level

they killed jesus

Thanks
    Karma Level

Porsche, you have the right to say what you say, but I don't understand...how exactly are they the root of everything evil and bad? According to your logic, Christianity is a form of evil as it is a derrivative of Judaism.

*EDIT* And no, they didn't kill Jesus.

http://home.earthlink.net/~robwir/crucifixion.html

Is that the reason? I'm just trying to find out people's opinions, at least TRY to be serious.

Thanks
    Karma Level

because they pick up on a small country
    sure doing terrorist attack are kind of a lame way to attack because your attacking civilians but palestinians dont have an army they can fight with israel and thats stupid of israel to pick up on them
    and they think they should threated like god and respected because of what happenned in ww2

i know some jews that are ok, but i think try to act like normal people

Thanks
    Karma Level

there are so few of them they are in general well off (rich) only 2 countries in the world could be classified as jewish (isreal & usa) easily identifiable by last name (bergs etc) not really that whole jesus thing, he was jewish

oh the media lots and lots of jes in the media

Thanks
    Karma Level

But no one is answering why they are hated so much. Anti-semitism goes WAY farther back than the creation of Israel, so don't start with that. I'm not talking about Israel. Not everyone in Israel is Jewish.

Judaism is not a nationality, it is a religion. When someone asks what your background is, you might answer Italian, English, American, French etc. But so many people put Judaism into that category.

Jews are the scapegoats of the world, and fall victim to the scrutiny of Islam and Christianity.

Guys, I'm not asking you what you think of Jews. That's clearly obvious, many of you hate them. BUT WHY DO YOU HATE THEM SO UNCONDITIONALLY? Is it that complicated of a question?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think there is alot of factors behind why they are blamed and discriminated by alot of people. I don't hate Jews at all, but I can see that alot of the hate stems from the Israel/Palestine conflict. The injustices of the occupation can be frustrating for ppl who watch it and their feelings then turn towards hatred of Zionism then then towards the people. It's unfortunate since there are alot of Jews that are critical of what happens in the territories.

Another thing that seems to bother alot of people is their influence in US government and foreign policies. Many ppl see the tie between the US and Israel as one that only serves Israeli interests, and so we get to all the conspiracy theories. (US money and military supplies, alleged spying on US soil, attempt to sell US technology to other nations, etc.)

Then there are just the ignorant ppl who have no other reason than to hate anyone that is different from them.

Some other reasons may be:
    1) Their power in US media networks.
    2) Appearance as they are an exclusive club not welcoming to outsiders ("chosen ppl")
    3) Jealousy of their wealth

I'm sure there are losts of reasons why ppl may feel hatred towards Jewish ppl, its unfortunate, but the world is full of hate.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Jews have been hated for a long time. They were thrown out of Spain during the inquisition. Hating them is not a new idea.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I dont hate Jews, but i do find it odd that your nick is of a Roman Emperor, especially if you are Jewish.. just pointing that out

Thanks
    Karma Level

Why do you want to understand one of the oldest stereotypes and forms of racism there is? Antisemitism is thousands of years old, it was always there, and unfortunately, it will always be there, just like racism / xenophobia / hatred in general.
    The problem nowerdays is that due to the very problematic, short-sighted, injust and dangerous policy of Israel, millions of convinced racists see their idiotic views confirmed, and 'jump on the bandwagon' of very justified, objective and necessary criticism of Israel. Most Israelis on the other hand (personal observations, of course not all) are simply not able to distinguish between these two, show stubborness and self-pity, without any self-criticism, since "everyone is against them anyway". They "have to stand together" and support the most idiotic policy there is, because they have the feeling of being excluded from the world community, and misunderstood.

It is an emotional debate, because the consequences of the conflict are so tragic, on both sides, and this might be an explanation for the inability to see the difference, although it is so damn obvious. People who show blatant hatred, who generalise, who talk about "jewish conspiracy to control the world", who don't distinguish between Israelis and people of the jewish faith living elsewhere, who might not support the policy of Israel in any way, even people who generalise all Israelis, are racists / xenophobes / haters, their judgement and "criticism" isn't worth two shits.
    Others who bring up arguments, and back them with facts, who don't hate, who criticise the policy of Israel because they are convinced that it is dangerous, inhuman, yes even barbaric, just plain wrong for both countries, since it simply prevents peace, stability and a life in dignity for all, those people are not "enemies", they are actually friends because they care about the lives of innocent civilians, something 'hardliners' and killers on both sides don't.

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you don't like the image the jews have, do something to change it, instead of whining about it like usual.

Thanks
    Karma Level

From what I recall,
    Palestine attacked Israel, in 1967...instead of settling for the very reasonable borders they were given.
    meh, not my problem. =/

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm a Jew, but the thing is, I don't give a fuck about who hates me or not.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks Maniyu, I appreciate your post. You bring up many good points. I agree that Israeli policies are very dangerous and possibly a threat to the proximity of peace. Thank you for also pointing out the lack of distinction between Israelis and Jewish people across the globe. Why do I want to understand the stereotype and hatred? I think every Jew has a right to know why they are hated unconditionally. I wanted to know for myself.

As far as my name goes, my name is Mark, and my nick name is Marcus. I saw Gladiator, liked the name...doesn't really matter. It's not like my middle name is Adolf.

The 1967 war wasn't Palestine...bleh, I'm not going to give a history lesson.

I never said hating Jews was something new. Far from it, it is, like others have mentioned, a hatred brewing for millennia. I just wanted to hear opinions on WHY.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ok, that's a very good reason actually. There are hundreds of good books written about the psychology of racists / bigots, and it all really boils down to this famous quote:

"The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less." - Eldridge Cleaver 1968

Hating others is always a reflection of hating oneself. That's why you should pity those who show hatred against you, and not feel offended or saddened.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by MarcusAure
    Thanks Maniyu, I appreciate your post. You bring up many good points. I agree that Israeli policies are very dangerous and possibly a threat to the proximity of peace. Thank you for also pointing out the lack of distinction between Israelis and Jewish people across the globe. Why do I want to understand the stereotype and hatred? I think every Jew has a right to know why they are hated unconditionally. I wanted to know for myself.

As far as my name goes, my name is Mark, and my nick name is Marcus. I saw Gladiator, liked the name...doesn't really matter. It's not like my middle name is Adolf.

The 1967 war wasn't Palestine...bleh, I'm not going to give a history lesson.

I never said hating Jews was something new. Far from it, it is, like others have mentioned, a hatred brewing for millennia. I just wanted to hear opinions on WHY.
    dude maybe they hate them because their stubborn and stupid and see the obvious that was mentioned alot before "money" influence in govt, small part of population "minority" why are they hated because im poor and they took my money because my bank screws me over and my bankers a jew, because the news is so isreal it makes u sick these are the extremes other people whell, muslims have alwayes hated tehm dont ask me why and arians hate everything so ..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Random Fact - Vin Diesel (xXx) is indeed the first jewish nig...african american ive ever seen

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by MarcusAure
    Jews are the scapegoats of the world, and fall victim to the scrutiny of Islam and Christianity.
    Poor me. The world hates me. What did i do?!

"Scapegoats of the world" seems a little self-serving as a description.

Why are Jews hated? Because they're involved in conflict in the Middle East.
    Why are Arabs hated? Because they're involved in conflict in the Middle East.
    Why are Americans hated? Because they're involved in conflict in the Middle East.

SIMPLE SOLUTION:

Fight religious-oriented holier-than-thou attitudes, abandon religion entirely, and MOVE EVERYONE OUT OF THE MIDDLE EAST AND OVER TO AUSTRALIA.

Nobody (OK, the aborigenes) considers Australia holy ground, so THERE WILL BE NOTHING TO FIGHT ABOUT. You can't tell me anyone here gives two shits about New South Wales. Sorry, wallabies.

Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast