Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Turnipo

How can you compare this to Morrowind. Aren't they 2 completely different game styles?

Thanks
    Karma Level

nothing I will waste time and BW on..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by orbittwz
    btw , the elder scrolls of morrowind is 2 cdz , not one like Dreaming wrote.
    Cd1 of Morrowind was the entire game, Cd2 was just an editor which you didnt have to use or install, ever.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Confused...

Looking at princeofqin.com i came across something weird.

"Via battle.net, you can fight with your friends side by side or against each other to enjoy"

Battle.net? isn't Battle.net only for Blizzrd games?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Minimum
    Pentium II 266 MHz
    Win 9x/2000/ME/XP
    64Mb RAM
    2Mb 3D Accelerated Video Card
    400-600Mb Free hard disk space
    DirectX 7.0

Thanks
    Karma Level

edit:/already posted

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by XxSteiNxX
    Minimum
    Pentium II 266 MHz
    Win 9x/2000/ME/XP
    64Mb RAM
    2Mb 3D Accelerated Video Card
    400-600Mb Free hard disk space
    DirectX 7.0

This alone makes me not want to bother getting the game. Those are 4-5 year old sys reqs.

Thanks
    Karma Level

1 cd i might try it. but 3 cds? gimme a break...

Thanks
    Karma Level

3CD are OK, impersonally satisfied

Thanks
    Karma Level

Elder Scrolls: Morrowind comes with 2 CDs, but only ONE is for gameplay. The other CD is entirely the toolset.

Prince of Qin... My biggest complaint about it is the inventory. I played the demo and got like 30 magical weapons in an hour! Now count in the characters you can control. I would say if you don't want to miss any good items, you need to do inventory every 20 min. Now that's boring (like Dungeon Siege).

In terms of graphics, it looks as the original Baldur's Gate and Diablo 2. Somehow I find the animations to be stiff, and not enough cool effects like Diablo series (in which when monsters die, they flip over spreading guts out, etc).

As for the quests, all of them are linear (as well as the conversations), so if you think Diablo-style quests are cool and like to do tons of them, you have the option here.

MMORPG? Obviously from someone having no idea what he's talking about. Get into a decent MMORPG and you don't need any other game for a while. I was glued to Asheron's Call for 6 months and played absolutely no other games in that period. Had to quit because of med school...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks everyone for clarifying the Morrowind deal. Yes, I know the game was released with 2 CDs, but gameplay was on one. Can't really compare Prince of Qin with Morrowind gameplay wise, but graphics wise only. Sorry for the confusion. But it says 400-600MB HD space needed, so why 3 freaking CD's? Think they're trying to discourage people from downloading so many files?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Prince of Qin...Install Problem...need help

does anyone have problems installing this?. when i put disc 3 in CD-Rom it wont pick it up. i burnt disc 3 twice and it still does it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Has anyone actually played the game yet? I was looking forward to this until I found out it was three disks. Need to see some reviews or assurance from someone that its good until I waste bandwith and CD's. Thanks.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Dreaming
    Has anyone actually played the game yet? I was looking forward to this until I found out it was three disks. Need to see some reviews or assurance from someone that its good until I waste bandwith and CD's. Thanks.
    Well I install it fine. I Don't have time to start getting into this game yet, but it looks interesting for the first 10 mintues that I spent on it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well I think there is some potential with the game. Spent about 1 1/2 with it. So far the graphics do suck, especially when you zoom in, and the voice acting is terrible, with no emotion used at all. The first lady you meet talks in a monotone. And so far the quests are cheesy too.

The ability to make your own items is pretty nice, and the skills are cool. Whether the game will keep my interest will depend on if the quests get any better.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quests get a little better, as for graphics I think they are awsome I would give them 9/10, I think they are very neat dont know why you people dont like them.

Thanks
    Karma Level

why people dont like PoQ graphics? cause people played NWN, dungeon siege etc etc. 9 out of 10 are u jokin?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I really like this game. I didn't think I was going to enjoy it too much when I first installed it. But it hooked me fast. The graphics aren't all that bad. There is better out there, but they aren't too bad.

The voice acting is comical at best. But the gameplay itself, for me anyway, is very immersive. There are 3 cds I believe because this game is huge. I've played for hours upon hours now, enjoying myself, doing the various sidequests along the way while still working on the main storyline. And when you look at the national map, I have barely touched the corner of the map. I think this game will provide a great number of hours in single player alone.

The inventory problem I saw one person mention isn't quite as bad as he said. I didn't play the demo, so I can't vouch for it there. But during the game, I don't have many problems. There is a limited inventory space, but you can store some things in your personal storage space that you can access at most blacksmiths.

I'm really enjoying all the quests. And the fact that you don't really need to buy your equipment. There are so many items you can make along the way, many times better than what you can buy anyway. The 5-element aspect makes you think to get the most out of your equipment. The storyline is quite well done as well I think. So far I am loving it.

Played a little bit of multiplayer on the LAN and it was fun as well. You start off by choosing what type of player you want to be. And then you start off in a city and you can create teams with those you are playing with. There are new maps for multiplayer as well as some of the single player maps, which are a bit different from their single player versions.

If you enjoy games like Diablo, Dungeon Siege, Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate and Morrowind, I think you might enjoy this. The single player version alone is going to provide you with more hours of gameplay than I can imagine right now after having played it for several days. The game also changes according to how you choose to play your game. So it won't be the same for everyone.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by orbittwz
    btw , the elder scrolls of morrowind is 2 cdz , not one like Dreaming wrote.
    It's 1 CD bud, the 2nd CD is purely for the map building software(forgot what it was called), the game itself is only ONE cd. If you wanna compare shitty games like Prince of Qin as to good games and their size ratios, take Warcraft 3, 1 CD- a dozen stunning movies, decent gfx, good voice acting and as i've said, all on 1 cd.

Qin SUCKS, but it did make me wanna order chinese food.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I enjoyed the demo, so I downloaded the full version, installed it, BUT when I press NEW GAME and then the difficulty level, I get black screen and an error message with strange characters. I pressed OK and it was still there. The only way to exit was CTRL+ALT+DEL. Somebody got the same problem? Any solutions?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast