Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Has Anachronox 2 been announced?

spoiler
    spoiler
    spoiler
    spoiler
    spoiler
    spoiler
    spoiler
    spoiler
    spoiler

so grumpos is the bad guy.. and escaped the portal with the stone..
    the ending is open... is anachronox 2 on development?

Thanks
    Karma Level

The game flopped, unfortunately. And Ion Storm Dallas or whatever branch that was responsible for Anachronox (also Daikatana) went under. It's too bad since Anachronox was a great game, IMHO.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I didn't like how most of the "puzzle-solving" just consisted of talking (and, by talking, I mean pushing the "talk" button) on every NPC in the map. I like games like Fallout and Arcanum where you can talk your way through a lot of the game, but, at least, give me dialogue choices so it feels like I'm actually doing something. I know they were going for the console RPG feel where it's really more of an interactive movie, but they could have taken some aspects from both console and quality PC RPGs alike. I never finished it even though I wanted to since the story and humor was top notch and it was also a highly anticipated title for me.

AlienMind

when i realized that they wanted you to search the whole city for tenpacks of single items i ran away

Thanks
    Karma Level

I thought that game was awesome.. Kept me enthralled man... witty yet serious story line.. good enviroments.. fuck i wish there was going to be a 2. I liked the Church planet.. cant remember what it was called.. had the evil priest dude.. fun fun fun

Thanks
    Karma Level

cool game

Thanks
    Karma Level

I agree with Defir, Ananchronox was like an RPG for non-RPGers. Everything about the game: character system, battle system, gameplay, puzzle solving, etc, was all overly simplistic and dull.

In fact, I think the only redeeming factor in the entire game was its sense of humor. If I had to rate the game on gameplay alone, I would give it a pathetic 3/10, since it is repetative to the point of absurdity. However, including the humor of the game, I'd give it around a 6/10.

But really, Anachronox is a bad game. Tom Hall kept talking about how they were trying to accomplish a console feel, and kept citing games like Crono Trigger. All I can say is, CT is far more engaging than Anachronox. Whatever they were trying to accomplish, they failed.

I was looking forward to Anachronox, but was sorely disappointed when it finally came out. I can't say I'm sad that Ananchronox 2 won't be seeing the light of day.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I love Anachronox.. it`s one of the best RPG`S ever imo. Yes I love chrono trigger and most of the other square games too..

btw, If anyone experienced iritating bugs while playing, there is a new patch on the way.
    Joey(one of the former anox programmers) has been working about 150 hours on the new patch. Me and a few others are beta testing it..and it`s looking good

I think it`s really cool that he care`s so much about the game. working in his spare time to get the patch out..even a year after the game came out..