Close

Mer|_in

Default Mulholland Drive

I just saw this movie, but WTF is this all about !!? I dont get a shit of it, and it gets an 8.1 on IMDB, jeez!
    Can someone who DID get it plz give me a short summary or something?

Thanks
    Karma Level

just check out some comments on imdb, then you'll get it.

but to say it very short: NOT POSSIBLE, to complicated too explain, but once you get it you'll know why it gets such a high rating

Thanks
    Karma Level

The movie isn't that hard to understand, but then again i saw it three times

It's divided in two parts
    and you have to know that there are lots of surreallistic scenes that i even can't explain.

The first part (up to where she turns around a key and wakes up) is a dream. You will notice that a lot of elements are the same in dream and reality.
    But the dream is mearly a representation of how she wanted her life to be: a good actress, a mysterious relationship, an unsolved identity.
    The second part is reality:she wakes up and realises that her life isn't that glamourous. It's everything she hates it to be. Then there is a moment she thinks back on how it all began to go wrong (The party, where in stead of the black haired women, she is in the back of the limo => reality influences her dreams)
    In the end she realises her life isn't going anywhere, and she kills herself.

I hope it's a little bit clear. if any1 else has another point of view, please explain. But my version is (in my opinion) the most true one.

Greetz

Thanks
    Karma Level

I havn't seen this movie in awhile...watched it practicaly 3 times in a row. One question has come to mind that nobody has been able to answer.

My memory is vague on the details but at one point the "cowboy" says bad things will happen if you see me three times. Well the person who he says that to only sees him twice but we, the viewer, see him 3 times. So, does this count as the third sight or not?

Un4GivN

Thanks
    Karma Level

only saw it once and i would say the movie's whacked. but i did enjoy the lesbo scene and when the chick was feeling herself up.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Un4GivN: I think the "right" answer can be both. If you think about it, the guy in the movie sees the cowboy twice, and "reality" is good for him. I mean, he's making movies, gets the hot brunette, etc.

The audience sees the cowboy three times, and we see that life is hell for the blonde chick. So I guess, you can interpret it either way, but I like to think that both are correct.

What I never understood, was what was the point of those two people eating at the diner? The guy talks about a dream that he had, then they walk behind the diner to show him that it was just a dream. But then that bum pops out, and the guy gets a heart-attack.

I guess it could be a clue that it IS a dream, since his fear actually happens, but that's pretty obscure.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Here's an older thread with many thoughts: http://www.isonews.com/forums/showth...threadid=71919

Thanks
    Karma Level

David lynch recently confirmed that this film is NOT based around a dream. I thought that too.

It's apparently set in the same universe as lost highway and twin peaks! interesting eh!

im mad on david lynch! .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes! Of course I would've guessed it was in another universe!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by colts
    only saw it once and i would say the movie's whacked. but i did enjoy the lesbo scene and when the chick was feeling herself up.
    lol, colts

Anyway, supposedly there's an Easter Egg on the DVD with some explanation. Has anybody seen it? If so, what does it say?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Apparently you've never seen a lynch dvd. He won't even allow them to be set up with chapters much less easter eggs. Someone is pulling your leg.

Thanks
    Karma Level