Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Harassment through AIM....

Ok, I'm being harassed by someone on AIM. Even threatened with physical violence (I'm shaking with fear!), and other such things only a net nerd (who has nothing else better to do) can do. Now, blocking this guy doesn't work, because he just creates a new account and keeps doing it. And even typing anything is bad as I'm immediately warned to 35%. Plus, if I block him, he KNOWS I'm reacting to his messages, so he knows he's "getting" to me. If I don't do anything, he doesn't know if I'm here or not.

To make matters worse, he seems to be able to send me messages through one s/n, EVEN THOUGH I'VE BLOCKED IT ! (Now that I clearly don't understand).

This has been going on for a month now. non stop..every day. (yes, I do have another s/n, but he knows that too, and I have TONS of people on my AIM....so its a bit...um...unwieldly to get a third name).

Now, I hate getting popups all the time on AIM saying "do you want to receive this message?"? (Trillian instead of AIM can just keep it in the systray). I'm not going to post some of the stuff he's saying, but it's up there with some of the lamest stuff you've seen on these forums.

In case you're wondering how I met this asshole, it was a total accident, not intentional at all Possibly done by a poser, or him FAKING as a poser. (On Kaillera...a program which lets you play MAME with netplay...long story).

Anyway, is there a way to get someone's IP address from AIM? If there is, I can report him to his ISP, with the chat logs...and hopefully he will be gone. And he also runs a FTP site...that can be gone too

Any ideas? or is the only solution to just prevent ALL people from sending me IM's if they aren't on my list (which still doesn't seem to block one of his s/n's anyway !).

If you want some of his s/n's, I'll be happy to post them.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Are you nuts? RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

Thanks
    Karma Level

find out his address, then mail a letter to him, sign it with your s/n.

extra special effect: write it in blood.

Thanks
    Karma Level

OH yeah there is this lil option on AIM called privacy that just allows you to have users on your list to talk to you. Making all new IM names he makes just being ignored. I suggest you do that. He'll soon forget about you.

Man..sometimes these things can be solved so easily.

Thanks
    Karma Level

if this harasser is as powerful as u make it sound, make a third name.

Thanks
    Karma Level

So you don't even know who this guy is or even where he lives? Why don't you just ignore him, if you don't respond to him it'll get old very fast and he won't bother you anymore.

Thanks
    Karma Level

get his ip by

1.clicking direct connect in the aim window
    2.start->run->cmd->netstat -a
    3.narrow down his ip..
    (assuming your using windows)

hope that works

btw. forward that shit to abuse@isphere

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just keep blocking him, he'll get annoyed eventually. Just think of it this way, you click one button, and he has to go through like a 5 minute process. It'll get to him eventually, I'm sure.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by evstein7
    Just keep blocking him, he'll get annoyed eventually. Just think of it this way, you click one button, and he has to go through like a 5 minute process. It'll get to him eventually, I'm sure.
    what if he is the sort of loser that spents 20 hours on the computer daily?

Thanks
    Karma Level

then u break out the anti-computer lamer kit. its Space Invaders. Tell him youll agree to give him head if he reaches level 1544286. When that happens, hell either be blind, have such bad carpal tunnel syndrome he cant type, or maybe hell shoot himself for having the chance at a sexy guy and blowing it.

If it works correctly, you wont ever have to see him, much les go down on him. If this fails, plan B is to amputate his right foot, left eye, both arms and one nut of your choice.

Thanks
    Karma Level

just keep on blocking him, i know idiots who did that kind of shit for no reason i dont even know how they got my sn but they get friends to message me and they all try to warn me. well just block them they will give up after a couple accounts.

or

find an aim exploit to crash his aim..if hes like any of the people i know he probably has an old version of aim running. older versions of trillian crashed if you sent too many characters in one message so try that too.

Thanks
    Karma Level

use ICQ

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah you can find out of how all these dorky viruses and backdoors and whatever works and just attack him and delete all his shit and kill his puter..if that works.

or you can try to find out who he is and then send him a snail mail or call him up and ask him wtf his problem is..that should scare him off.

or you can report him to the police if you actually found ot who he is.

or you can do what i would have done and most others too...just keep ignoring him he will get tired...as long he isnt some kind of bot..but that isnt possible right?

or the most tempting yet most "unrealistic" thing..find out who he is..go over there and take like 8145 friends with you and beat him up and kick his teeth in and smash his computer

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by BuBBeN
    yeah you can find out of how all these dorky viruses and backdoors and whatever works and just attack him and delete all his shit and kill his puter..if that works. it doesn't

or you can try to find out who he is and then send him a snail mail or call him up and ask him wtf his problem is..that should scare him off. how do you propose he find out who he is in real life when he can't even get his ip?

or you can report him to the police if you actually found ot who he is. read above

or you can do what i would have done and most others too...just keep ignoring him he will get tired...as long he isnt some kind of bot..but that isnt possible right?

or the most tempting yet most "unrealistic" thing..find out who he is..go over there and take like 8145 friends with you and beat him up and kick his teeth in and smash his computer heh
    aim sucks.

Thanks
    Karma Level

use icq

Thanks
    Karma Level

Upon further review of this thread I have concluded that you are, quite possibly, the biggst pussy in the world.

Thanks
    Karma Level

best way is to play along. say yes i would suck your cock. awww u make me hot. reverse role play works. and i should know. now what are yall guys thinking? stop that!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Heh some pretty good replies here. Some of you guys crack me up... :/

I only wish there were an exploit to find his IP address...then I could do some real payback time to him. Oh well, I'll look on google...

for now, I set Trillian Pro (donating rocks!) to block everyone not on my list, and even his unblockable account is blocked. Not sure what will happen if I switch back to AIM later....

Thanks
    Karma Level

The Netstat command, which was already mentioned, is probably the best idea. BUT THERES MORE!

Goto www.neotrace.com and download Neotrace. Enter in his ip and it will track it down to his house #. Ive done it to a few surprised friends of mine. Then you show up at his front door with a bat and smash him in the face with it when he opens the door. Then run away and shout Fagat while running down the street. Wow, that was fun, I..I mean that's what you should do, heh.

Thanks
    Karma Level

After a month of harassment by a little fucker, im sure it would be reeeeally satisfying to show up at his door.. Superglue his dick to your rear bumper and go for a ride.. If he has an FTP up why dont you report it to some feds?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast