Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default .

'if the cube becomes hacked believe me u will see the sales rocket'

Nope, nopetty nope nope nope.

Some things have to happen before this happens,

DVR Media for the cube has to be available cheaply £1 a disc,
    Nintendo has to release another 50 titles at least.

Thanks
    Karma Level

DVR Media for the cube has to be available cheaply £1 a disc,
    Somehow I get the feeling these will become available if that happens

Just to end my argument here without hurting fanboys, my final analysis on this is that gamecube will be more popular than xbox & ps2 give it a year max, after that u can slate me as much as u like

bring it on xbox & ps2 (tyson v,s Lewis scenario) and we all know who WE thought would win this but how wrong we were :oneeye:

btw: ADMIN The image upload doesnt work right here.

Flinty
    Last edited by flinty; 21st December 2002 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

LOL ?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!! Ok Now I understand the comments about the graphics on Splinter cell - your crazy or 15 years old or both.

Cube out sell the PS2 in 1 year - I hope you are around at christmas 2003 for a slating . Do you have any idea how many units PS2 have shifted this year alone ? I feel better about this thread now as you seem to have avoided the point you cant answer and ended with a total outragous statment.

No way either console is going to touch the PS2 anytime soon.

PS2 sold over over 30 MILLION units (just up till may this year!!) - lets just go over that again THIRTY MILLION 30 30 30 milllllllion. 3x10 million.

Japanese figures Just this year (to novemeber 2002)

PlayStation 2 45,800 (Annual: 2,994,500)
    GameCube: 12,000 (Annual: 853,200)

they shift more units in japan than anyware so its gonna take a while to catch Sony.

Sorry if this post is a flame but man if you poor petrol all over yourself and start chain smoking what do you expect.

ABCman come back all is forgiven. Please step in and convince me I am wrong about the Xbox.

Cheers
    Ironman
    Last edited by fe_man2000; 22nd December 2002 at 11:42 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

LOL ?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!! Ok Now I understand the comments about the graphics on Splinter cell - your crazy or 15 years old or both.
    your wrong about both.

And who said anything about outselling ps2 ?? you should read more carefully and you will see that I didnt make that statement.

I feel better about this thread now as you seem to have avoided the point you cant answer and ended with a total outragous statment.

and which point was that ? and i aint avoiding anything. That would be giving you a reason to flame me now wouldnt it. However it does seem you are trying to turn this into a flame simply because I dont like xbox and have an opinion, or maybe you just wanna show your authority here. Either way I have an opinion and my reasons foe not liking the xbox and there is nothing wrong with that.

Flinty
    Last edited by flinty; 22nd December 2002 at 02:00 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

PS2 looks to be on the slide in Japan, dropping more than 11,400 machines to 55,764.

While PlayStation 2's lead in Japan looks unassailable, the situation in Britain is looking decidedly tenuous for the machine. Sony's console is now selling 11,500 a week with GameCube knocking up its rear with 9,500. Xbox is holding steady with around 6,700 sold per week.

no one would think gamecube would out sell ps2 that would be stupid, simply because of the head start it had, but I did say that cube would become more popular within the next year.

Flinty

Thanks
    Karma Level

flinty i dont know where you are getting your sales figures from these are the ones i have seen. PS2 is certinally not on the slide in any region.

JAPAN [http://www.the-magicbox.com/topten.htm]

PlayStation 2 74,100
    GameCube 26,200
    Xbox 5,900

UK [http://www.computerandvideogames.com]

PlayStation 2 111,066
    Xbox 32,805
    GameCube 13,403

Thanks
    Karma Level

ok then who,s to say that yours are correct then ? same thing really who knows if any are correct as these figures seem to be different all over.

besides those last figures were only over a period of one week when splinter cell was released for xbox.
    Last edited by flinty; 22nd December 2002 at 04:41 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

well where did you get your figures from then ? considering there are so far off.

what i posted i have seen mentioned on every uk gaming site i trust C&VG to not make up figures. Also the UK figures have been like that since microsoft introduced the bundle deals. It is not a one off.

i aint saying which i think is best, just which is selling best.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ok even if your right, mine must have been out of date, sales figures dont really dictate which console is better, besides those figures are up & down a lot depending on whether a console has a had a price drop game package deal etc etc, soon you will probably see a sales boost with the gamecube after its price slash to £99.

Thanks
    Karma Level

This whole topic is kind of funny and it's somewhere inbetween just slinging mud and personal opinions. personally, i like the gamecube more. I think nintendo made this system for the console gamer and has tried to meet the needs of that audience. xbox, however, has made a system more for the programmers and pc gamers. Really, they're just completely different and you can't compare them. They both have excellent games and just saying one sucks because you don't like it is just biased talk. Both, I believe, are equally powerful. Although the xbox has higher specs, they run two totally different chipsets. The xbox, of course, running intel, and the gamecube running a modified g4 chipset. And you can find specs anywhere to prove that the apple chipset is faster than the intel. so i don't think that performance of hardware is a real issue. The xbox is a programmer's dream because everyone is taught intel assembly and directx programming in college, and so to convert games over to the xbox is extremely easy. The gamecube you have to learn more, but i don't believe it is that complicated either because of what i've read. So it's really just about what you like. This whole which one is better contest is kind of childish because:
    1. who cares, it's all opinion.
    2. it doesn't solve anything. if we decided one was better, well yay, they're not going to stop production on the other.

really, i just wanted to say, it's what you think. and there is no use arguing over it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Flinty - reread my posts I like to think I am not knocking the cube - its nintendo who I believe dont value UK customers - they are soley focus on the japanese market.

Also I am unsure what "Authority" you are refering too

maybe you just wanna show your authority here
    Was that a cheap shot because I have more posts ? For shame.

I am not having a go at you personally - you post a view I question it and then you produce bogus figures and wont says where you "got" them from. What do you expect - I am not trying to convert you to xbox (if such a thing is posssible) you started this with the - isnt Xbox crap & cube will win- post. This isnt a flame war - I am just not standing for any more cube owners posting why Xbox is arse without trying to explorer why and answering there posts with counter arguements.

I just want to find out what is it with cube owners that makes them hate Xbox ? (see prevoius post for theories) and if its cos they are afraid its in danger of it going N64 again.

Xbox may fail but MS have more money than God and will always sell OK in the US so there not going anywere soon - Like I care anyway I dont have shares in the xbox just cos I play on one from time to time.

Its all in fun anyway - chill with the still and dont take this so seroiusly.

Cheers
    Ironman

Thanks
    Karma Level
    on a side note, does anyone find sm sunshine a little annoying?

I loved the n64 version however:

1. Was the camera really this bad previously, it has seriously been getting on my nerves

2. Tip toeing seems to be a major pain in the backside esp on the mini levels (in the caves for example). I always seem to fall off when trying to whack some nails! I think its due to the official controller being too resistant for fine movements - anyone else noticed that?

3. Hope there's some ice levels etc later on as i'm getting bored of sun and beaches!

This post isn't an attempt to take the mickey out of SMS or the gamecube/controller - i still adore my GC.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I know how to settle this, a nice game of monkey fight......

Thanks
    Karma Level

ok i chill enough just got me self another 2 wavies 2day its great playing monkey ball without having all those wires tangled. I just love those controllers.

Flinty

ABCMan

ironman said come back all is forgiven, i've stayed out of this pretty much upto now

so lest start with splinter cell, its SHITE a poor mans metal gear with prettier graphics, at present the best most playable game on the xbox is dead to rights, out of interest i visited my local inde shop this morning to see how things were doing its odd

top seller is ps2 (no suprises there) but ps2 is selling 70/30 unchipped/chipped so no idea if more are planning on getting their own chip or have somthing against the m2pros, second comes the gamecube (almost equal to ps2), long third (its about 20/38/42 xb/gc/ps2) is xbox BUT xbox sales are 15/85 unchipped/chipped so go figure that one, seems the only thing that sells the xbox is the chip whereas the ps2 and cube are selling on the games.

now to games, top seller was ps2 again, second was xbox with gc in dead last only about 5 titles actualy selling seems everyone is waiting for the next best thing. BUT on second hand games its a very different story top of the list is ..... xbox, more people return their xbox games to the store than any other even though they sell far less than ps2 next of course is ps2 with hardly anyone returning gamecube games (a quick loook on the shelves reveals luigi, res evil and virtua striker pre owned).

so its going to be a hard one to call, xbox has most piracy and most games returned to the shop pre owned, ps2 sells most games and consoles but has fewer returned games, gamecube sells almost as many consoles as ps2 but almost everyone is buying the same few games and KEEPING them.

a cube chip SHOULD in theory almost kill the xbox as it looks that piracy is the only thing driving sales of hardware, people are buying software then selling it back quickly which suggests either they are all total crap or they are being copied at home as the iso's are too big for people to download in many cases, the ps2 with its ripped games gives people the chance to decide if a purchase of the complete game is worthwhile, but the cube is a mystery, no chip but still selling well, lots of games but only a few exclusive to gc titles selling well and a minute pre owned market consistin mainly of games that were given away in packs early in the cubes life.

for what its worth the psx is dead but software is selling ok at least to very young children.

looks like the next gen market is settling with the ps2 and cube selling to gamers, the xbox selling to those who want something to run pc type homebrew on and tha psx (not) selling to those under 7.

I also had a quick peek at the multiples, comet, curry's and dixons are sold out of cubes have very few ps2's and are pushing xbox for all its worth all over the stores so i'd guess they have been seeing the same as the indies.

there those are my coments

Thanks
    Karma Level

So its settled then ! we will all all smash our existing consoles and burn nintendo, MS and Sony to the ground (sorry Sega your out of it - deal with it) and build a new company called Gameteny - marketing a super console that plays all formats of games and no one will be able to squabble about it any more.

There will be various controllers ranging from a tiny paper one to the massively over sized made of delpeleted unrainum and it will be in a number of colours all of them different shades of chrome.

Our lead title will be a game about a monkey who has to stealth around the shadows during the 80's collecting gems and solving puzzles with a gun. - I suggest we call it ...AUTO MONKEY CELL !

You guys start - I want to hear broken cube plastice people..

Merry Christmas
    Ironman Gates
    Last edited by fe_man2000; 24th December 2002 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Why gamecube will win the console race

LOL, nice thread... Fanboys are qual-it-y.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I had forgotten about this - I have a cube now as well, due to res evil. Interesting to reread and reflex on the current situation

So much for the cube non piracy thing and also Cube destroying the xbox - both still here, cube still doing poor in the us and uk - xbox still doing nothing in japan. xbox - sill loads of game most of them crap, cube few games but generally of good quality (if you like mario and not including triggerman - ho ho). I stand by my previous comments - it really is down to taste in the end and fanatics on either side of any console vs console argument always end up looking like nobs. Overall I think there have been some great titles out on both of the consoles (PS2 whats that ?) since this was posted and you would be a fool not to own both of them.

Cheers
    Ironman

Thanks
    Karma Level

Indeed. I have recently got a Cube for the same reason as fe_man2000 :-) and I think it is a great console in much the same way I think the PS2 and XBox are great consoles. They all have their crap games and their good games.

Every platform have their exclusives such as Metal Gear/GTA on PS2 and Gotham/Halo2 on XBox and of course Mario/Res Evil on GC.

• XBox titles tend to have better graphics but play pretty much the same. XBox also supports up to 1080i resolutions - also the networking support is top notch

• GC titles are not released as regular as XBox titles but they are generally of a higher quality than PS2/XBox titles - probably down to Nintendo's strict testing policies.

• PS2 titles are mass market flooding - they seem to go on the principal that if we release more games on our format people will buy because there is more choice. The graphics on the PS2 are the poorest (But that doesn't mean they are not good) the games play pretty much the same as the other platforms
    I think the key is that having a choice of platforms is great as people can customize their gaming experience more. Nothing will ever make me sell my XBox as it is now part of my home entertainment experience as I'm sure many others will agree but (and here's the big question) how many of you will have sold your GCs in order to buy the next gen console?

I very much doubt I will have my GC and PS2 this time next year - but you never know! The XBox will remain plugged into my plasma until such a time that I can find a device that sports as many features as it then it will probably end up in the bedroom or kitchen as a multimedia client for my mp3/divx streaming

From the games I have played over the last week I am really enjoying the GC and the different games for it but I think if a multi-platform release comes out I will be getting the XBox version over the GC version.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

Didn't notice this post at all until now, just noticed about the first post saying about how Halo is an average game. I own an Xbox, & a Gamecube. I own a few games for the Xbox & i don't have a clue in hell what the hype is about Halo, for microsoft, yeah, it's a miracle but certainly not worth the comotion it caused as an allround game, i've played it before anyone starts saying how i don't know anything about it, & don't intend on getting the 2nd game.

Over the years, i've owned a Nes, Snes, N64, & now a Gamecube & it's obviosuly because the Big N produce quality titles even if they do treat everyone like s*it, who actually cares about it, i like the games.

The Xbox, as far as i can see doesn't have that many great titles, the best game i've played on it is GTA3:VC which i do actually really enjoy, i also like some of the popular titles but not an avid fan of most of them. That's all i can think of on the Xbox which i've owned for about a year.

The GC on the other hand, i like Smash Brothers, Mario Party, Windwaker, the list goes on, in my view the GC should win hands down but realistically it won't because of the PS2 which has a sharp twist feel to it which people think is cool, sad but true, but at least they have some decent exclusives months before other consoles get them. The xbox, i play it but it's not something i anticipate another game release for, unlike the GC. That bloody controller doesn't help, it's bigger than most handheld consoles!

MHX
    My Argument:

"If it can be created. It can be cracked, nothing is impossible"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast