Close

Thread: Reply Problem

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Reply Problem

I've just tried three times to reply to a post about a 32" widescreeen TV and everytime I reply I get the "thanks for your post ..." screen then my reply doesn't appear.

This is also the second time that I've tried to post this ...

ABCMan

not sure about this, but if you are trying to post in the buy,sell&trade section then its easy to answer.

if you read the stickys in there you will see that posts are moderated, that means that although your post is submitted it is held in a queue untill it has been approved. if as you say you posted twice it is more than possible that whowever was modding that section decided to delete both posts (its something we do if we've been having a bad day and someone hasnt read the sticky's ).

if however the post was elsewhere then i'm not sure, however occasionaly the board has a minor fit and places other posts in the moderation queue, it is possible that was what happened in this case (but it is very very rare)

Thanks
    Karma Level

I just deleted the post as it was started from a person as his first post here in the Buy, sell and trade section.

Also read the damn stickeys in there . Ive just had to delete several posts because people cant be arsed to read the rules or stickys and post the same thing 3 or 4 times.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Aaah, that makes sense now.

TBH, I hadn't read the stickys on Buy, Sell, and Trade, so I wasn't aware that the posts didn't appear right away .

I tend to just click View New Posts and read whatever takes my fancy. I didn't even notice what forum the query was posted in!

I'll know better in future, though.

... and the reason that it took two attempts to make the above post was that I, erm, never entered a Post Subject the first time.

Thanks
    Karma Level

No probs m8,

Ive made a new sticky today as there were 3 or 4 in there before so now the info is alll in once place. Ill be looking at getting the mods cleaning up all the section stickys over the next few weeks as some sections just have far too many. Ive found in the past that the more stickys in a section the more confusion and people just dont bother reading them.

Thanks
    Karma Level

actually the same thing happened to me, i posted in the ps2, swap shop section, but same problem, it took me back to the main forum page and not to my post which didnt appear at all.

as far as im aware i didnt break any rules wiht the posts
    Through the darkness of futures past. The magician longs to see.
    One chance out between two worlds. Fire Walk With Me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by freaky
    actually the same thing happened to me, i posted in the ps2, swap shop section, but same problem, it took me back to the main forum page and not to my post which didnt appear at all.

as far as im aware i didnt break any rules wiht the posts
    Did you read 4me2's post about all posts in that section being moderated? Sorry but how much trouble is to scroll up the page a bit and read it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by wizard1974uk
    Did you read 4me2's post about all posts in that section being moderated? Sorry but how much trouble is to scroll up the page a bit and read it.
    yes of course i read it he mentioned the buy sell trade forum and not the swap shop or ps2 sections which i said i posted in, so seems you misread my post m8

anyway ive NEVER EVER seeen this happen before no matter what forum ive posted in, you will see in my post i also said i posted in the ps2 section and the same thing happened there which has never happend before either.

and it was abc man who made the post m8 not 4me2
    Through the darkness of futures past. The magician longs to see.
    One chance out between two worlds. Fire Walk With Me.