Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABCMan

[SNES] This game can not be used on your snes system

is there any way to get around this message (on PAL SNES Metroid & Illusion of time), the problem is that i'm not playing them on a PAL snes (in fact i'm playing them on my n64 but thats another story) the n64 is a PAL unit (same message on the usa n64 though)

i seem to remember that you could get a convertor or an action replay type thing that could play these "locked out" games.

Can anyone advise

Here is the rig i'm using although i've got the super gameboy in to play gb tetris on the n64.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yea there were convertor cartridges that had two slots on, you attached the locked out game on the top and plugged a correct region game into the back of it, then the whole thing just slotted as normal into the snes, eBay is probably best bet

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...&category=1490

^^^Theres one, and woohoo contra is something of a bonus

On a separate note, what the hell is that in the picture, and can i have one?

ABCMan

Originally posted by kjun
    On a separate note, what the hell is that in the picture, and can i have one?
    what u on about kjun? the adaptor in the n64? yes of course you can have one m8 its called a tristar 64 and it works on pal and usa n64's. it has built in action replay for n64 and allows you to play n64 (must be same region as game), snes, nes and gameboy/super gameboy (using a super gameboy) whilst its mainly aimed at the jap market you will need a pass through adaptor for usa snes games (pal and jap are fine without) and a pin convertor for nes games (its a famicom game slot).

the tristar should still be available on the net, the menus are mostly in jap (i'm not even sure what 2 options do) but the first 4 are easy
    1) play n64 rom
    2) play sfc (super famicom) rom
    3) play fc (famicom) rom
    4) cheat cart (not sure if it works for sfc/fc but it works for n64)
    5)?????
    6)?????

the text in the cheats section is in english (except the bit that tells what the buttons do) and its pretty easy to use.

i believe the tristar is made by www.cd64.com but i'm not sure, it is ONLY compatable with composite video as the tristar plugs into tyhe av out on the n64 and the n64 av lead plugs into the tristar so if you want one make sure that your tv can handle a ntsc composite signal (many cant )

hope that helps

ABCMan

here is a close up with mario64, super gameboy (+tetris) and a 190 in 1 nes cart plugged in

ABCMan

and a side view (with the famicom-nec adaptor visable)

the white button is the action replay button (to activate certain cheats)

ABCMan

doh forgot the pic

Thanks
    Karma Level

ABC Man how many vcr do you have?!? hehe

ABCMan

Originally posted by mysterym
    ABC Man how many vcr do you have?!? hehe
    two in the above pic, why?

the others are things like vcd/dvd/cdi players, vcd/svcd/dvd recorders and sky and freeview boxes, a couple of Gamecubes, a exbrick and a ps2

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by ABCMan
    here is a close up with mario64, super gameboy (+tetris) and a 190 in 1 nes cart plugged in
    Holy mother of god, I never knew they existed lol.
    Trying not to kill myself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMQH_xrFmKU

ABCMan

Originally posted by Gel
    Holy mother of god, I never knew they existed lol.
    you didnt know the super gameboy existed?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I knew the S Gameboy existed but that thing has three carts plugged into a N64 - What is that?!!?!

ABCMan

it's called a tristar64 (as detailed above) allows you to play n64, snes/sfc, nes/fc and gb/gbc (with super gameboy) on any n64, basicly it shoves into the n64 cart port and the n64 multi-out port then you connect your composite n64 lead into the tristar, plug in a n64 game (of the correct region) and whatever else you can cram into the other two slots (with whatever convertors for usa snes and nes carts), bang in a megadrive psu to power it and bobs your uncle play all your old nintendo games on your n64.

the n64 is so much more powerful than the old snes/nes it has absolutly no problems running their games at full speed (even superfx/dsp/custom titles)

if you happen to have a venus+6 (nes) or pro fighter(snes) lying around it'll even run those too hell, it even runs the fdd-022 nes floppy drive (in fact the nes floppy drive adaptor props up the pro fighter quite nicely)

ABCMan

ok Gel, i know i shouldnt do this as it may upset you

but here is a pic of

a pal n64 with a tristar plugged in with a supergameboy plugged in with the nec pc engine adaptor plugged in, hope that doesnt make you cry

(oh and dont ask about the pce adaptor, it REALY isnt available (if fact its got half a hot glue stick holding it together) but before you ask the tiny switch is for us/jap game selection (and yes, it is flashable using a gb xchanger(pc) or multi-xchanger(psx)))

ABCMan

and thats assuming that you dont have one of these....

called emulator z for playstation it loads roms off cdr's (even on an unchipped psx) to allow you to play sega master system/gamegear and pc engine roms on your psx

Thanks
    Karma Level

PCE adaptor!!!!.......feck.. I must of been asleep for the last ten years.
    Heard of the tristar but didn't know what it did, seen the psx thingy before as well

You get all the nice toys ABC

Thanks
    Karma Level

W.O.W.

Now thats a console

Im gunna have to get me one of those emulator z adaptors, would love to play gunhead again with a pad.

ABCMan

Originally posted by monsta
    W.O.W.

Now thats a console

Im gunna have to get me one of those emulator z adaptors, would love to play gunhead again with a pad.
    will this do on an n64?

ABCMan

ok, now this realy is taking the pi$$

here is radar rat race for the commodore vic 20 running on an emulator on the pc engine (15 in 1 mega collection for those who know) running on a pc engine emulator on a super gameboy which is itself emulating a gameboy colour and is itself an emulator (ok a hardware one) plugged into a snes, except of course the snes is actualy also an emulator running on a nintendo 64.

so thats
    n64 running
    snes running
    supergameboy running
    pc engine running
    vic 20

hehe and they said the xbox was good for emulation i hope you have all seen mame running on an n64? (or do i have to dig out the game dr) how about msx? or gamegear/sms yes they run on an n64 too and i'm sure you all saw the gameboy emulator running (two games at once even) without the hardware gameboy adaptor all on the good old n64, now those realy were the days.

photos can follow if anyone is interested

Thanks
    Karma Level

bonkers, madness, crazy, insane

never knew the n64 could do all that! i kinda seem to recall mame running on it, but cant remember what it was like stability wise. would love to see more shots of crazy configs. im assuming these most require original cards/carts ?

ABCMan

Originally posted by monsta
    bonkers, madness, crazy, insane

never knew the n64 could do all that! i kinda seem to recall mame running on it, but cant remember what it was like stability wise. would love to see more shots of crazy configs. im assuming these most require original cards/carts ?
    not always, if you have a back up device you can use that instead.

I can probably find you a link to someone selling a rudementry (homemade) flashcard for a real pce if you can get hold of one of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast