Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default D'Lo to be released

Just read that D'Lo's contract is set to expire at either the end of this month or the end of next - cant remember which one, and McMahon has told him that it wont be renewed. I just dont understand McMahon recently - give the guy a half decent gimmick at last and then let him go - strange decision.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I suspect it's because he is 5hit at wrestling. I liked him as part of The Nation and also when he had the Chest Support gimmick. He's run his course...they have better talent than him. I'm just wondering how much longer Steven Richards will be in a job.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I actually quite like D'Lo - think hes only been held back cause of what happened to Droz.

Word is that Teddy Long will now manage Red Dogg, who will come in from Smackdown - explains his absence as Cena's buddy recently.

Thanks
    Karma Level

im kinda glad to see him go i mean his time has past,and besides the down with the brown thing just wasnt working.

Thanks
    Karma Level

D'Lo shot himself in the foot, just read this...

Wrestlers who WWE have been releasing recently haven't been prohibited from working for other promotions. Many expect D'Lo Brown will quickly jump to NWA-TNA upon becoming a free agent at the end of this month.

An interesting back-story relating to D'Lo's recent release from WWE, when Vince Russo left WWE for WCW, he touted D'Lo Brown one of the big superstars in the future of wrestling. D'Lo Brown then made a big scene about wanting to leave WWE when his contract expired so he could jump to WCW and said he looked forward to working with Vince Russo. Unfortunately, D'Lo wasn't aware that he had another year on his WWE contract and a clause that prohibited him from getting out of it early. He then found himself in heat with management which led to him being sent to OVW for a year before recently coming back to work on RAW.

Another interesting note is that Triple H was said to be high on D'Lo pretty recently, surprising many when they found out he was going to be released. WWE was holding announcer tryouts a while back, but HHH pulled D'Lo from contention and encouraged officials to use him as an in-ring talent on RAW instead.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ahahahahah
    good read thanks