Thread: scammers

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default scammers

stay away from this folks.

SCAMMERS

Thanks
    Karma Level

can u give a reason to why stay away ????

just saying stay away could mean u have a grudge with the owner etc ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

have you checked out the site m8, its asking for your nochex email and password when you go to the order page, and the irony of it is if you look to the right of where they want you to enter them, its telling you to make sure its a secure nochex ordering page ???????????????.
    Last edited by gadgetfiend; 25th February 2003 at 02:26 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick mate, it's actually auto populating the page at Nochex for you - ie:

Code:
    https://www.nochex.com/nochex.dll/checkout?email=rom10@gadgetshouse.co.uk&amount=20.00&description=%A320%...

Edited by Panda as mega long url was making page too wide
    Last edited by Panda; 25th February 2003 at 03:26 PM.
    Go shagging in Prague or live it large in Vegas !!

Thanks
    Karma Level

maybe i did get confused with that, but it is also a fasthosts website as pointed out on the shack so be very wary anyways.
    they wont be getting shit out of me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default gadgetfiend is correct me thinks

I dont know but i think to spot if fake on ordering page if it doesnt have 128 bit lock of browser also on the URL BAR Nochex should have HTTPS not http
    https denotes secure site
    but the ordering page looks ok if you right click and view properties

But i will stay away ty for info

RM

Thanks
    Karma Level

Initially, the ordering page did appear to be insecure. The site has now been changed, and seems to be secure.

Please do not take this to mean I or anyone else here recommends the site. It's up to you to decide - I'm just telling you what happened.
    New rules for cable & satellite
    from 15th March 2005
    do some reading and avoid a ban.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i agree with panda, like anywhere on the net u need to take care when ordering anything.

all i meant with what i said above is that its no good just comming on and posting stay away or scammers etc ppl will need a reason has to how u found them out to be scammers
    take caution on any site advertizing rom10 cards i wouldnt buy a rom10 card from anywhere on the net even if it was safe.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i have been contacted by the owner of the site who assures me that it is not a scam, he has traded before by the name of TGM (the gadget man) i personally have not had any dealings with him but maybe someone here has and can vouch for his credibility.
    I was probably a bit impulsive in my original post but with the amount of scammers around you never can be too careful and i was following advice from another forum. Once again if indeed TGM is genuinly supplying these, i apologise and withdraw my original post. but i say again i personally cannot vouch for this site.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think im fair in saying that someone (not from here) started this rumor, and it spread like wild-fire.
    Well i can asure everyone that its not a scam and everyone who has placed an order has got it.
    I fully understand why people get paranoid as there are Wan*ers out there that do like taking our money and giving nout back.
    Also i have now made the Nochex payment page more visible for people to see the secure encryption padlock.

Thanx
    _T-G-M_ (aka: the gadget man)
    www.gadgetshouse.co.uk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default And now, The Truth

I've posted this as a seperate thread, and included it here so most people will see it...

Ok Guys, some of you may have seen the thread warning people about GadgetsHouse - well now here are the facts.

This is not a case of my brothers, friends, dog said... All of the info here is now KNOWN to be true.

Oh yeah - I have absolutely no connection with this site.

The Facts...

1. When the site was first set up, it appeared to be an attempt to gain nochex info from people. This was a mistake on the part of the web designer and was quickly fixed (as stated on the site itself).
    2. The cards really do exist.
    3. They really do get set out - all the people I know have had theres the next working day.
    4. They really do work.

Thats it - put simply, if you want Rom10 cards then this is one place you can trust.

Please don't take this as an advert, I just wanted to right a wrong as it were

Panda
    New rules for cable & satellite
    from 15th March 2005
    do some reading and avoid a ban.

Thanks
    Karma Level
    i have placed 2 orders with this site now and recieved both of them in the time stated,i will be ordering again as you can not buy them any where else not 4 that price any way

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think im fair in saying that someone (not from here) started this rumor, and it spread like wild-fire.
    If this is ****ing refering to me then you should go read my original post ?

I expressed the view that I would personaly not buy shite all from ANY website on the net that sells shit like that as TBH the amount of scammers I have come across in my time is pretty fkin amazing.

Small story but once to learn from ...

Bloke sold Seca [Ondigital] cards from a website on the net using Nochex and Paypal as its secure payment providers.

I know of a shit load of people who bought from him and EACH and EVERY one of them has been pulled by the police at some time or another concerning the purchase of the cards.

NOCHEX & PAYPAL both happily handed over the details of the accounts including those of whom had purchased from him to the police.

Up to know I have 1 person who has contacted me saying he has recieved his card, hardly a reccomendation is it ?

I aint arsed what you say m8 I am stating a fact, you buy this stuff via the net and you WILL be ****ed, its happened before and it WILL happen again.

If half the people on the net used 1% of thier brain power they would NEVER even consider doing so as its asking for shit to drop on your doorstep.

ALSO

Whilst I am on the subject can I ask what the **** this is meant to mean as quoted from a message you sent via someone else to me..

(hi m8.
    Just thought i would let you know, that all cards do get sent out, and i would never knock anyone. Ask people on here who have delt with me. I know it wasnt you but H is a bit lame putting me down without any evidence that ive knocked people. Not being a "mod" member i cant tell him, hes lost his bottom dollor. And if your wondering wtf im talking about, "its not my house". Please could you pass the message on to "H" as i can't......
    TBH M8 by your grammar combined witht the fact your hosted on Fast Hosts makes me wonder if your not infact also known as WideOne, a well known scammer known for his lack of working Zeus Programmers ?

I may be wrong so dont quote me on it.

"H"
    Raptor is a :censored and a bit of a :banned :censored :censored :censored

Thanks
    Karma Level

Anyone that wants to part with cash to these clowns feel free to do so but I will bet my bottom dollar you get fack all back in return.
    Your origanal post.

That is why i said "H is a bit lame putting me down without any evidence that ive knocked someone"

I completely agree with you, when you say "the amount of scammers I have come across in my time is pretty fkin amazing"

There's alot of Wan*ers out there that like taking our money,and giving nothing back in return.

I agree that there was a slight problem with the Nochex ordering page, but i put that right as soon as i heard.

I just thought i would help a few people out by selling these cards cheaper then others. I never thought it would come to this.

No hard feelings.
    _T-G-M_

Thanks
    Karma Level

Anyone that wants to part with cash to these clowns feel free to do so but I will bet my bottom dollar you get fack all back in return.
    Well up to now you seem to be delivering but for gawd sake make sure you dont keep ANY details of who you deliver to as NC and PP are Ba$tards when it comes to handing over customers details to the police. They do it faster than Ebay do and thats saying something

H
    Raptor is a :censored and a bit of a :banned :censored :censored :censored

Thanks
    Karma Level

I delete all orders from Nochex and my e-mail, once the card are sent.

I really didn't think that selling these cards was illegal, as they don't say "This is property of ???? ect"
    Infact the name on the cards don't even match up to the name of there buisness, (communications - Broadband)

Any info would be gr8.

_T-G-M_