Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Hi, im after starting up in the Odometer Correction Business..

Hi, any information at all with regards to correcting digital dashboards would be more than welcome.
    i.e Are the dedicated machines better than the system with software/laptop?
    What is the software called? r there pirate copies about?
    is it possible to put a laptop system together yerself?
    Schematics etc for wiring?

I dont seem to be able to find any 2nd hand units for sale, ne1 know of such a place that resells them?

Thanking you in advance

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Hi, im after starting up in the Odometer Correction Business..

Originally posted by tips
    Hi, im after starting up in the Odometer Correction Business..
    That's not a business m8, it's an underhand con!

You have posted on the shack that you are a second-hand car dealer, we can do without your kind of interest!!!

Wefty

Thanks
    Karma Level

For fooks sake. Every single person that has the "re-calibration" software knows the score.

DO NOT DARE to suggest that anyone (like me too) would spend well above 5 or 6 grand (plus the updates) on the equipment to do this and have high morals.

We all know what 99.9% of our customers want their speedo's sorting for.

If you have the gear (I dont know, you haven't said, appologies if not) it is beyond belief the slag anyone off for asking.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have to totally agree, if there is a demand and people want their mileage sorting out then go ahead and do it. I suppose you think people shouldnt download music from the internet and play copied games on there machine or have there DVD chipped to play multiregion dvds ect... ect...

They guy has asked a question whats point having forums if you can seek advice....

Billy

Thanks
    Karma Level

ALL VERRY WELL GOOD M8
    but lets see what happens if you buy a motor with the millage changed. imagine spending you hard earned cash on a low millage car , just to find that you got a motor thats been round the clock and the engine has had some addative in it to stop it smoking. 1 oil change and you are f----ked.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default mileage

Hi

Well mozart you obviously don't have a clue about the Digital Mileage business. People don't take hundreds off thousands or tens of thousands off miles of these cars it's usually just a few thousand. As for buying a banger with low miles to find out it has high miles, most cars these days can have 200000 miles and still run like a dream. I do understand what your saying but it's not dealers that are changing the mileage on the cars it's joe public. As for the actual topic starter this is a good business to be in and if your interested in buying equipment then check our website for details www.dashfixer.com or our friend www.revtech.co.uk.

Better to stay clear of laptop stuff as it's CRAP

Louise
    Dashfixer
    Last edited by Dashfixer; 2nd August 2003 at 09:35 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Dashfixer how does your kit compare with CDH kit(www.cdh.co.uk) ?? Got a m8 who is interested in purchasing the gear very soon.

You say
    why? wot makes u say that?? it's all bit confusing CDH say the same about handhelds lol

who's right

Regards

BoSSpak

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default cdh

i purchased a kit from cdh and it didnt do the stuff it should have
    it would knacker dashes.
    then i would have to go to my mate with a dashfixer kit and he could fix it for me.
    im not saying dash fixer is the man but i reckon the hand held kit is def better than the laptop kt in my experience.
    i just wish i hadnt spent all my cash on a laptop kit

Thanks
    Karma Level
    IF YOU WANT TO ENTER THE MILEAGE CORRECTION BUSINESS I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU SPEAK TO ANDY AT SCOTIA DIGITAL HE HAS JUST COMPLETED NEGOTIATIONS TO SELL A MORE ADVANCED HAND HELD UNIT IN SCOTLAND/NORTHERN ENGLAND A PHONE CALL TO HIM WOULD BE ADVISED AS UPDATES ARE MADE EASIER........DIGA CONSULT IS NOW THE SECOND HORSE IN THE RACE BY A LONG SHOT :$:
    Last edited by Samson; 25th July 2003 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: mileage

Originally posted by Dashfixer
    Hi

Well mozart you obviously don't have a clue about the Digital Mileage business. People don't take hundreds off thousands or tens of thousands off miles of there cars it's usually just a few thousand. As for buying a banger with low miles to find out it has high miles, most cars these days can have 200000 miles and still run like a dream. As for the actual topic starter this is a good business to be in and if your interested in buying equipment then check our website for details www.dashfixer.com or our friend www.revtech.co.uk.

Louise
    Dashfixer

The fact is car dealers will take miles off 2 increase a cars value and THAT is cheating. If a car can hav 200,000 miles and run like a dream then there wouuld be no need 2 clock them lower (and even so it will be closer to the end at 200,000 than it is at 150,000).

And its ironic that u started the post by flaming saying that he 'obviously don't have a clue about the Digital Mileage business' if you think that 'it's not dealers that are changing the mileage on the cars it's joe public.'. Both Joe Public and dealers are doing it.

As for the comparson to downloading mp3's, downloading 1 mp3 could reduce sum body's $20 million income to 15. Multi region DVD players are made to get around the stupid commercial regulations the publishers try 2 enforce, they still get the money.

Now 4 the person who wants 2 clock his car 2 miss a high mileage payment, if he feels that his company has scammd him 2 that value in one way or another then that is probably fine, as long as thatcar will only be passed on and not sold (and won't be passed on 2 people as a reward becuz of its low mileage)..

However if somebody heavily clocks a car so that they can charge more then they are going 2 cheat one individual out of a significant proportion of their income.

Ur opinion seems 2 b influenced by the fact that u r tryin 2 make money out of the business (by blatantly advertising on DF).

Thanks
    Karma Level

Way2Gud4U,

Now 4 the person who wants 2 clock his car 2 miss a high mileage payment, if he feels that his company has scammd him 2 that value in one way or another then that is probably fine, as long as thatcar will only be passed on and not sold (and won't be passed on 2 people as a reward becuz of its low mileage)..
    You think that, that is OK m8. Now what happens to that car when it is returned to the Contract Hire firm that it belongs to???
    I`ll tell u, it goes to Car Auction. Is sold off thru the Auction with a Full Service History or Report to a Used Car Dealer.
    It is then taken away and sold on to Joe Public at the Price it is worth with the Lower Displayed Mileage.
    If the car had been "Clocked" after being purchased at the High Mileage price, you would find that 9 times out of 10 it would be sold at the High Mileage price. It`s not the getting more money for the carthat traders are after, it is simply the Selling on of the vehicle, it obviously becomes easier to sell with the lower displayed mileage (which would more than likely be disclaimed) therefore NOT warranting the mileage and hence, NOT selling for the price it would if it was a WARRANTED low mileage.
    I DO NOT wanna get into an argument on this way2gud4u, but that is how the used car industry works.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Talk crap Digitek

Quick reply to digitek about Dashfixer. You bring cars to us to get done we have NEVER brought a car to you. We have been in this game for over 10 years you only started doing mileage about a year ago. So don't talk to us about races cause your not even in it. For anyone wanting to buy the equipment digitek mentions then the website is www.elprosys.com but again you will get your fingers burnt as you would with digitek. Last year it was cdh crap they sold wonder what it will be next year eh Andy/Gary. If you want equipment that works then diga-consult is the best machine on the market and we are the official resellers in the uk.

Louise
    Dashfixer
    Last edited by Dashfixer; 2nd August 2003 at 09:34 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Guys put your morals aside.

Yeah someones getting ripped off, be it the punter, the artist, the developer, the producer, the musician, the broadcaster.

Simply use this as an oppotunity to learn, learn how higher mileage cars are easy to spot by looking at the pattern on the steering wheel, gear nob, foot pedals etc.

Get a HPI check, check the V5 for miles (I always put my mileage on there when I sell a car), check the general wear and tear of a car, look in the engine for ovely clean bits etc etc.

It's all about being cautious. If someone was to buy a car with astronomical miles that is only showing 15k on the clock then they are a mug.

Use your noodle.

Bottom line is it's wrong, but hey only someone who has never done anything wrong can complain!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just my drunken 2p worth

Do you all have such high morals

have u not got or had any free tv sat, music, video, dvd, software????

Are we to resort to my dads bigger than your dad mentality, or are we here for commercial gain ????

I have used the "crap cdh" gear for over 10 years now, and when asked about what to use by members I have always posted the addys of cdh, ashkirk, stephan biel, and rev tech as a level playing field for members to make there own judgements. As I have posted recently over a member requesting info I infact recommended the german software for dash puposes onlyhere

CDH in there defence write and produce there hardware in the UK they dont just buy a product in to sell

Louise your machine may do a lot more diagnostically, but CDH have always given the opton of saving data to eliminate fookups, it wasnt long ago that your customers and stephans came to me for td5's and as for the radios again cdh write the s/w and dont just use a Joules unit (yes I have one of them aswell)

Please be unbiased in your views as this is a members site for info and not commercial gain

Mike ( a Happy CDH customer)
    Last edited by MIKE M; 2nd August 2003 at 02:09 AM.
    Mike

Im not bitter, Im a red

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi Tips
    Not going to get into the moral debate but done this now for around 9 years. To me when you are just starting the most important thing is help, backup and support, believe me you are going to need it.

I had CDH's stuff at first in the early days and I can only say I was disappointed, When things go wrong and they will at first, you need to be able to get support and advice, try ringing CDH during the day (not the sales number as they answer that one!) and see if you can get through, it is always engaged, they must take the phone off the hook for hours, ask to have a browse through there forum and you will piss yourself, its better than watching Jim Carey, the last time I looked there was people still having problems doing vectras!! Other people had problems, which had been ongoing for weeks, and does Colin step in and help solve the problem, No you’re just left in the shit after parting with thousands of your hard-earned cash.

Seem to remember CDH buying some German handheld a few years ago and offering them to us, then the manufacturers realized what he was trying to do and stopped all updates and support leaving those who had bought in the shit again.

Ive had Dashfixers kit now for around 3 years and it was the best move I ever made.
    The product is superb and the best on the market, help and advice is freely available and the office is manned even on Saturdays and Sundays, you can also ring the owner (Jim) on his mobile any time (within reason) if need be. It has a good save/utility facility with the added bonus of having a Hex editor built into it.
    It does loads more diagnostically as well which means your at a job for 1 minute rather than having to remove and strip the Speedo which saves a lot of time and effort.
    Even things you don’t consider like replacement probes/cables, the last one I got from CDH was £50, all of Dashfixers are £25 including postage and they arrive next day, not a week later blaming the Post Office!
    Dashfixer also give their customers free radio decodes using the radio serial number for the Ford and B/put models which is handy.

I did consider George at Revtechs kit but was worried about the “touch screen” it uses breaking and decided it was just something else to go wrong.

The kit from Elposys is new and has yet to be proven, Nobody knows yet what its like, I wouldn’t like to spend thousands of pounds on a new product to be a Guinea Pig when the Dashfixer kit is available, proven and known to be the best, I just wish I had never given CDH those thousands in the early days.
    Go and see Jim and Louise at Dashfixer, You will not be disappointed with the service or the product.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default editor feature

Hi Mike,

Glad to hear your happy with CDH, there's not many of you left (just kidding)

I will point out that we have also offered everyone website on this forum, and that on this topic we have given the elprosys website.

We warn people against crap software because we used it 10 years ago, we were one of Colins/CDH biggest customers all those years ago and the reason we started Dashfixer is the reason most people come to us (80% of our customers are ex-CDH) they have been pissed off with the service and tired screwing up dashes and need something that works all the time.

As for Radios we offer the Joules radio software to our customers (now free for forum members) everyone knows the Joules software is far more advanced than CDH's due to the fact that CDH told everyone a few years ago he will concentrate on Mileage and not radios, and they have suffered as a result.

If CDH read this forum they shouldn't take these comments as an attack, but take it as a reason to get the finger out and offer customers an improvemnet on what they already have.

As for the made and built in the UK, not any more as Colin has pissed off to Southern Ireland, as it was getting to hot for him here. The further away from complaining customers the better I suppose..........

Finally, we offer also offer the ability to SAVE data, however we Also allow you to VERIFY that this SAVE is good and not just leave you to pray that it is good. You can also now E-Mail direct from your box any new Datasets and we can look at them within minutes and e-mail them back, (7 days a week)

Customers who visit us get to see all the 4 main bits of hardware on the market, including CDH's we give them a few cars to try them on, and if they like someone elses better then fine, no probs.....but it never happens.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Iv made mistakes...

Here is my experience of CDH Vs Dashfixer,

I bought CDH gear around 4 years ago, I found the "help-line" useless to non-exsistant. I fekked up alot (and I mean alot) of customers cars which sometimes ran to near £1000 for me to have fixed because of locked ECU's and general eprom erasing. It took me 3 years to break even and I only managed that thanks to some guys near me in Manchester with Dashfixer gear.

Last year I eventually got a loan to buy the Dashfixer gear, this year Im in profit....wallllaaaa...

The only cars that I have fekked up this year is the ones 'I' fekked up, not the gear. The help lines and forums are second to none and alnog with the training I was given by Jim and Louise its very difficult to go wrong.

I would strongly advise anyone wanting to get into "The Bussines" to go see www.dashfixer.com. I just wish I done it 4 years ago, Id be a hell of alot better off now.

Cheers all....... Sparky...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by tips
    Way2Gud4U,

You think that, that is OK m8. Now what happens to that car when it is returned to the Contract Hire firm that it belongs to???
    I`ll tell u, it goes to Car Auction. Is sold off thru the Auction with a Full Service History or Report to a Used Car Dealer.
    It is then taken away and sold on to Joe Public at the Price it is worth with the Lower Displayed Mileage.
    If the car had been "Clocked" after being purchased at the High Mileage price, you would find that 9 times out of 10 it would be sold at the High Mileage price. It`s not the getting more money for the carthat traders are after, it is simply the Selling on of the vehicle, it obviously becomes easier to sell with the lower displayed mileage (which would more than likely be disclaimed) therefore NOT warranting the mileage and hence, NOT selling for the price it would if it was a WARRANTED low mileage.
    I DO NOT wanna get into an argument on this way2gud4u, but that is how the used car industry works.
    I didn't try 2 tell you or NE1 how the industry works. I said 'as long as thatcar will be... not sold' then it was ok, ur example includes it being sold and so you should have realized that I said I did not think it was ok.

I admitted that many people cheat in one way or another and so 2 say that clockin cars is morally wrongwhile you go and rig some other piece of equipment is the pot calling the kettle black. I personally feel as I stated earlier that this sort of activity can rip off an individual of a huge amoun of his/her income to a degree which I personally feel is unacceptable. That is only my personal opinion and I appreciate that it differs.

The main point that I took issue with was the way it was suggested that its not cheating to rig a car, if its gona b done lets at least admit what it is. And finally well said WTD! This section can well be used to avoid getting conned, something I hadnt thort of! cheers

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just a quick question, if you have the full Dashfixer package, what roughly is the cost of updates per month / year?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Timmy

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy
    Just a quick question, if you have the full Dashfixer package, what roughly is the cost of updates per month / year?
    DashFixer updates vary in price depending on how many vehicles the car makers change and how many cars are on the new update. Usually 1 or 2 updates per year. Best contacting them directly for prices at www.dashfixer.com or call them on 0141-570-4052.

All I can say about the company is they have always been fair to me and their customers and keep the prices as low as they can.

Cheers

Car-Sparky

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast