Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABCMan

Default Playstation 3

unidentified parts suppliers in tiwan have confirmed that sony is gearing up to launch their playstation 3 console THIS SUMMER in japan and the usa for the xmas season.

this launch is 2 years ahead of schedule and not only gives sony a major head start in the next gen wars but also relieves some of the expense of replacing the stream of faulty ps2's.

It's just a pity that neo can no longer be associated with sony modchips

Link HERE

Thanks
    Karma Level

thats pretty amazing. mind im sure we havent seen the current machines pushed to there limit (well maybe the ps2) yet so it seems very pointless to me. the cube isnt even a year old here and sony want to release a new machine ?!?!? im very dubious.

ABCMan

in some ways it makes sense, the ps2 is inferior to the cube and the xbox, launching this year would give them a small edge over their competitors.

ibm has almost completed the processor so it's possible they could launch this year.

Remember that sony above everyone has never (yet) produced a machine that has come very close to what they have stated they were planning to produce.

Sony were planning to launch a pstwo at a £99 price point later this year which would clear a price point above that i'd guess it'll launch at £399 with a drop to £299 around easter 2004 followed by more savage price cuts once the next nintendo console and xbox next launch in 2005 after all by then they would have made a fair profit from their higher price point.

its also worth noting that they are not pushing backwards compatability on the ps3 so i'm guessing that you would need both systems to play all the games.

Thanks
    Karma Level

if sony intend to release the ps3 this year, this would mean that devlopers must have had the devkits for a while now as i doubt they'd launch without some decent tiles available..
    im very surprised that they have managed to keep this all rather quiet..

Thanks
    Karma Level

i dont believe that story, dont think you will see the PS3 untill late 2004/2005

Thanks
    Karma Level

this sounds very dodgy. online gaming for the ps2 hasn't even been launched in the UK yet! IF it is true then I will be very pissed off and won't be buying one until late next year. pish!

Thanks
    Karma Level

well , as stated above , if sony plans to release their PS3 this year , devkit should have been available for a long time by now !
    i'd rather think they'll start producing the first devkit for an availability this summer , in order to have the game developers to have time to "tame" the beast
    then , the launching date formely believed as late 2004 / early 2005 makes some sense !
    just my 2cts ...

Thanks
    Karma Level

as the others said, its a bit dubious

t
    -= tom999 =-
    tonight the milky bars are on me

Thanks
    Karma Level

maybe there making some consoles to give to developers etc. they would come out near enough soonish i reckon.

+ i havent seen 1 game on xbox/cube that is better than my ps2 games ABCMan..

Thanks
    Karma Level

i think it may be ready to launch but i don't think they will, they have to give at least a yrs hype, E3 coming up soon also they need to do alot of advertising theres no games line up yet, at most they'll prolly push for some sort of update add-on for the PS2 to keep it going untill the PS3

ABCMan

1) we already know about the pstwo (replacement for the ps2)
    2) i didnt make it up, i posted a link to a very reputable source so dont blame me for it i'm just posting what i saw

Thanks
    Karma Level

ABCMan is on the ball and knows his stuff!

Although is it a new PS3 or a new shape PS2 with a built in HD?

I do also believe this is far too early to release new technology, they will go the same route as Dreamcast releasing too early.

But I have been know to be wrong. I was once quoted saying the Mega 32 would be the ultimate console!!!! (did I hell, lol)
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

It says "Sony may start selling the PlayStation 3 "
    I think that it seems to be that Sony will have the dev around for this time. I personally thinkg we will see the ps2 possibly early 2004 and mid 2004....I would like to see the ps3 early as I only bought one system this generation around being the PS2
    Sorry folks about the PSP history, I sold one at the price I bought to a mate and 2nd one I got some cash extra.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah, i cant see it being released this year. If it was, it would be a terrible mistake by Sony- I've got all 3 of the latest consoles and only recently had the xbox and GC.

I sure as hell aint finished with these to buy another so soon, and I imagine anyone with an xbox/cube will feel the same way. I've heard 2005 is the year but I'm kinda hoping it will be later- there's so much more to do with these consoles yet. Also, I want the new consoles to be revolutionary- not just something they knocked up to be 'first'.

Thanks
    Karma Level

What abc said is in todays daily mirror, in the amysi column.

TIM-MAY!!!

SouthPark

Thanks
    Karma Level

if this did happen in the near future (release of PS3), M$ & thier xbox would be completely shafted imo..

Thanks
    Karma Level

a dutch site is also reporting : http://www.tweakers.net/nieuws/25898

greetz,
    X-He (I wont buy an ps3, but I wait for 2 years and buy then my XBOX2 and GCN2(if nintendo is making one)
    The person formaly known as He@! ;)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sony's next system will likely use the Cell technology, a new parallel-processing system under development with Toshiba and IBM, in its core. Toshiba is currently building a new processing plant to manufacture the Cell chip; this factory is not set to go online until 2004, leading to previous speculation that the PS3 will hit stores in 2005. Sony isn't publicly commenting either way, but it's still important to have something to dream about, right?

from www.tweakers.net

greetz,
    X-He
    The person formaly known as He@! ;)

Thanks
    Karma Level

so who's gonna be the first to register www.ps3-scene.com????. Raptor how about www.ps3mods.com?? lol. I was thinking about copy-protection and the new sony blu-ray discs would be a wise option for media. what do u lads think should be included on it? eg. TiVO type features? in built DVD player again? backward compatibilty?

Thanks
    Karma Level

somewhere said they were trying to intergrate the vcr function like the vcd-hdd things have

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast