Various reports are about that these firmwares are trashing Magic Modules by leaving them permanently stuck in Dreamload mode:

From Sat-key team:

honcho
Best Member

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:49 pm Post subject: PENTA 1.12&1.14 TRASHING MAGIC MODULES !!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi, any owners of magic modules... DO NOT TRY THIS SOFTWARE!!

two people i know have just trashed the cams, !!!!!!

stuck in DREAMLOAD but no lights come on in the programmer,

avoid, avoid, avoid, until more information is known, you could trash your cam !!!!

REGARDS HONCHO

bob

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 3:56 pm Post subject: Fake

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just tried Penta 1.12, it is fake but the CAM is OK. looks like some idiot's way of having fun.

honcho
Best Member

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:51 pm Post subject:

hi, yes it seems the cam can get stuck in 'dreamload' ,

but no lights come on the programmer, however if you reset the cam a few times the green light 'should' come back on again, and thus enable reprogramming again,

but be very careful when using these ''unofficial pentas''

as far as penta 1.11 goes, the issues seem to affect inbuilt modules only,

but, have heard of a number of cams not reading cards after a while,

so again i say, penta 1.10 still seems ok, but be careful with your modules guys !!!

regards honcho

satscene

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:58 am Post subject:

`but, have heard of a number of cams not reading cards after a while,`

Had one go like this tonight. Worked fine for an hour or so until i switched the receiver in and out of standby. Puts up the blue screen saying a card is not inserted. Re-programmed the cam and card but still the same problem.

What to do now??? doesn`t 1.10 have picture freeze??

rgds,
satscene

Aistys
Best Member

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:00 pm Post subject:

i fooked my 1.03 MM when i installed PENTA 1.11 there were said no CARD inserted then i deleted the penta and till now my 1.03 is in DREAM LOAD and i cant program my MM that is life i am just trying all my best cam masters in my country but looks like uselles

boulmed

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:36 pm Post subject:

after 1 week using penta 1.11 in my MM 1.04 no cards isserted mesage
in screen after reload it no way to make it worck the same mesage still
in the creen so be carfel friends

rpglord
Best Member

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:27 pm Post subject:

I got same problems with 103 and then when trying to program the cam again I "invalid response from module".
However,after trying couple of times,I manage to program it with penta 109 and then with 110 all patced,and it working fine now.
So bottom line is that if you have 103 version,don't use penta 1.11 or any other higher fake for that metter
However,if you have 102 revision,everything should be fine as I programmed about 5 1.02 modules with 1.11,and no problem what so ever.
If you already fucxxd your cam just trying playing around with it,resetting it,putting diffrent lower version such as 109 or 108 or even 105 and/or try putting tetracrypt...it should work,it worked for me.
I hope I help someone with this info