Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Help moving a .com domain

I am after two things gents - first I urgently need to move a .com domain from Uk2 (I know but we were young and foolish when we bought it) can anyone recommend somewhere to move it to ? Due to the nature of the site we have had a variety of threats of legal action for copyright infringement and therefore would like to move it to somewhere where we can maintain a degree of anonymity ie payments by nochex / paypal and whois records that don't include our names. I don't care which country it is held in however the registered addy will be in the Czech republic.

Secondly once the domain is moved we still have some web space at uk2 (until July) can someone explain in the simplest possible terms how I link the moved domain with the site remaining for the moment in its current location.

Is all of the above worth the effort I also own (although don't use) the .co.uk and could possibly just abandon the .com and hopefully buy it back once it becomes available again. Does anyone know how long it takes for the domain to become available again ?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Karma Level

try moving it to :

www.presage-designs.com
    www.online-ventures.co.uk

both good sites

Thanks
    Karma Level

Secondly once the domain is moved we still have some web space at uk2 (until July) can someone explain in the simplest possible terms how I link the moved domain with the site remaining for the moment in its current location.
    you dont! IF uk2 give you another way to access your space like http://uk2.net/user/username or something then you can simply ask your new "hosts" to forward there.

otherwise you can actually have a line edited in the domains zone file to forward http requests to the uk2 servers but many host wont be happy doing this and nor will uk2 i shouldnt imagine as when you move the domain they probably kill the space.

Is all of the above worth the effort I also own (although don't use) the .co.uk and could possibly just abandon the .com and hopefully buy it back once it becomes available again. Does anyone know how long it takes for the domain to become available again ?
    aren't you going to have *exactly* the same probs with the .co.uk though, obviously its a different process to change hosts, but the same issues arise?!

bm