Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default xbox requires service contact ...

I don't know if some of you have experience the same types of problems I'm havin but i'm really confused.

When I open my xbox with no dvd to acces my menu then i select the game i want to play but 90 % of the time it freezes on the green evolution screen.

If i press the edject button the console powers off then back on but the edject botton light stars flashing between red and green and i get a black screen on the tv.

if i wait a bit and press edject again i get to the menu again but the light keeps flashin. If i try to acces a game it will freeze again at the evolution screen.

If i press edject again nothin happens, if i press power it does the on/off/on cycle than i get the black screen with flashin edject light.

After playin with the edject and power buttton i can manage to get to the menu screen again but i can't even acces boxplorer.

What's really hard to understand is that sometimes it will work once out of ten/fifteen times.

The matrix light inside the xbox is green, my xbox version is 1.1 and my dashboard is 1.8.3285, my HDD is a maxtor 5400 rpm 80 gig.

Any suggestion is welcome, is it my chip aligment? my dashboard? my hard drive ? i'm really confused!

Then i opened my xbox today to check my chip alignement and now i cant get the chip aligned, tryied to power on without chip i get a screen that says my xbox doesn't work properly and that i most contact customer support

btw i havent soldered anything

Thanks
    Karma Level

Be very careful, is my advise. I had the exactly the same problem with my Matrix Chip - got it fitted and working fine. Then the bolt holding it in was slowly working loose and it started playing up. After about a aweek of having to open and realign it every other day I could not get it to work anymore - solid green light but Xbox was booting to the normal bios - I just could not get it to work even though the align light was green. then suddenly it when *phutt* and no more xbox - it hasnt booted in anyway since, so now I have Xbox no. 2 with no Matrix chip and a cheapmod soldiered into it. So check your Screw is OK but also be very careful.

Cheers
    Ironman

Thanks
    Karma Level

wot error number does it give you on screen m8
    Through the darkness of futures past. The magician longs to see.
    One chance out between two worlds. Fire Walk With Me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

once 16 then another time 7, but now when i load with the chip in i only get a black screen, i don't even get the micosoft intro

Thanks
    Karma Level

Does it boot with the chip disabled - or better yet removed ? If not then you may (hope not) be in the same position I was in. Black screen - no logo, power ups, then off , then on, then off , then flashing red/green light. We figure it was either the TOSP - (the onboard bios) had somehow been corrupted or I had blown a component somewere.

Cheers
    Ironman