Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos

Thanks
    Karma Level

Tattoos

ok, i was thinking about getting a tattoo sometime in next couple of months and i have been looking about for designs in last few weeks..

i went into the tat parlour and the bloke said that he could do anything printed from the net no probs, but as long as it wasnt a pic of the tat on someone and it was decent quality pic..

was looking for something small to medium sized for my shoulder but something simple.. like tribal/celtic designs prolly in just plain black with maybe only a bit of colour..

was looking around today and saw some nice ones but they were all pics of em on the ****s arm... one i found that was ok..

but maybe little less intricate than im after.... i want to have a look thru somewhere with a few designs to pick somethin.. but all the feckin sites im lookin thru are total pish... half of which require some form of registration... ive went thru about 30 pages of google searches, all of which return mostly shite...

anyone know of a free site to have a look thru some designs? and no i cant design my own as i cant draw for shite lol

found this on google image search, nice, but its too big and prolly near a couple of hundred quid... im looking at about a 100 quid limit... but still, thats why im after some designs to have a look thru em to find something i like...

cheers

Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't get a tattoo at all, the novelty soons wears off and all these celtic, maori shapes (like the one you posted) etc are so old hat m8, and forget chinese/jap/hindi symbols, they make u look like a c**t.

Tattoo's r for life remember, when the trends change and that w@nky 'trendy' tattoo you had looks bollox you'll feel a right c**t on the beach.

IMHO. :cheese:

Thanks
    Karma Level

what looks quite cool is if you have like three chinese symbols bout an inch square, maybe a bit smaller down your forearm

ABCMan

i'm with cj on this one

1) why bother, they all look shite by the time your middle aged
    2) if you are getting a good education to get a decent job why reduce your chances by getting a tatoo, some places wont employ you if your tatoo is visible (even through a white shirt), its just not worth it.

oh and 3) are you mad? £100 would get you a decent hard drive or a broadband modem (for when those last few people sign up to get your exchange enabled)

Thanks
    Karma Level

to be honest im with cj and abc, but if u are gonna get one, get one like george cloony out of from dusk till dawn. cos u know its class

DJ
    I was touched by Jesus, so i had him arrested.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i have bout 70 or 80, but then again i done it for a living, so needed practise but i would say get one if you really like em but if its for fashion trend forget it buy some felt tips instead.

but if you stuck for some to look at try here

or here

remember its not tattoo's you should be looking for but "flash"

one last thing how many doctors lawyers etc do you see with love + hate tatts on their knuckles
    slow but sure,or is it sure but slow

On the sidewalk Sunday morning
    Lies a body oozing life
    Someone's sneaking 'round the corner
    Is that someone Mack the Knife

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by madmanc
    I got a tattoo done on my right forearm when i was 16, mostly because my mate was getting one done and the guy he knows is CHEAP(shame your in scotland or i could put you in touch).

I dont regret it(i dont regret much, whats the point?) and it doesnt look that bad, but after the first week or so you dont even notice it, its just there, boring as fook, if it was cheap to get it removed i probably would.

if ever u needed a reason NOT to have a tattoo..........

jb

personally i reckon ur mad even considering having a tattoo! Now a strategically placed tattoo on a woman, well that's a different thing altogether

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Epiphany
    what looks quite cool is if you have like three chinese symbols bout an inch square, maybe a bit smaller down your forearm
    Buhahahaha, u r joking?

Thanks
    Karma Level
    I've had mine for over 10 years and I don't regret having them, although I would never have one that couldn't be hidden by clothing.

TIM-MAY!!!

SouthPark

Thanks
    Karma Level

i agree with roty never get one one your forearm i have all mine on my upper arms and even with a tshirt on their still covered got a great celtic designed cat on my back whick looks smart if i can find the pic i'll let you see

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

mi m8s got a few good tatoos on his amrs 1s going onto hid cheast drew them himself....look gr8......i'll ask him if he wants to show u some of his disigns if i can get mi scanner workin

(17:18:34) (+Cam) i need to mount my xbox hdd in linux
    (17:19:02) (+SpikeWork) youth of today, they'll mount anything

Thanks
    Karma Level

Go for it, if that's what you want m8. I have loads and don't regret it. But think about it carefully

Thanks
    Karma Level

I now have 12, all fairly large pieces and am getting the gaps filled in on my back soon. M8, don't get tribal...everyone get's it and it is shit. Go to your local tattooist's and check out his flash and ask his opinion.

Think long and hard before you get it and they do hurt. When I got my spine done I was in f*cking agony. Oh yeah, I also work for probably the msot well known bank in the world. The tatt's have to be covered at all times.

Will post the pic's of mine...

Where about's are you, I may be able to recommend a tattooist.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Lee,

Out of interest mate where do you go for your tattoo's, do you stick to one place or do you just pick which ever is the closest/easiest to get to.

Tempted to get one...I've always wanted one...but being the fussy Cnut that I am I aint got a clue what I want to be stuck with for the rest of my life...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Michael Rose on Barnet High Road near teh Bentley garage. Shotgunjim got the arrows on his arse with "do me here" done there. I have had all of mine done there over the last 2 years by Michael who own's the shop. Other than that in North London you could try New Wave at Muswell Hill run by Lal Hardy.

Have a good think about what you want and talk it over with which ever tattooist does it before you get it. People will look at you differently and definitely judge you differently when you get one. If you ever want it removed it is very expensive and hurt's like f*ck.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers mate...

You're right though, I'll have to think long and hard about what I want...The places in Camden just look to dirty and pikey to be quite honest...A few mates have been to the Barnet one and have all rated it...I'll have to check out the one in muswell...I've also been told to check out one on Holloway road

Football related tattoo's might not be the way to go...

...Quite unfortunate being a spurs fan...Don't fancy a huge cock on my calf really....not another one anyway!!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

The one on Holloway Road is Al's, don't know anybody who has used his services but he is rated by most tattoo mag's so check him out. The one's in Camden have really gone down hill, Cold Steel is OK though. They concentrate more on piercing now though.

Also, take a peak here:

http://www.tattoostudioguide.com/london_all.htm

Thanks
    Karma Level

Top nana mate cheers

Thanks
    Karma Level

ok, well thanks very much for the information and opinions so far guys, ive read thru a couple of times.. and i kinda still want one..

but i think ill go for something a bit smaller than i was thinking on the very top of my arm (fleshy bit below bone in shoulder) to reduce visability, some of the employment comments made me think... i had already considered those points, but ur comments helped...

ill think about it a bit more then make a decision in next month or so just before summer.. will let ya know

cheers

ABCMan

Well, as lee says people look at you differently when you have a tattoo, for some reason if you visit a building site you'll see loads of tattoos but if you go to a lawyer, doctor, dentist or almost any other decent position within a company its VERY rare to find a tattoo.

on a personal note, i used to work in personel/hr years ago and i assure you there were people who could have been store managers still earning £7.52 an hour on the sales floors because you could see a tattoo through their white cotton shirts and the company i worked for had a simple policy, for some reason customers look differently at people with tattoos, so no visible tattoos were allowed amongst managers or above.

dont be fooled into thinking that because its high on your arm or behind your back others cant see it.

one other thing to check out is take a vist to a popular beach like an east or west coast resort and you'll see plenty of tattoos, look for some guy in his late 40's and check out how crap they look on him, then go to an expensive resort like sandals or st tropez where those who have got on in life tend to go, about the only tattoo's you'll se there are on the arses/upper arms of the fit young women hanging onto some non tattood 50 year olds arm, sorry if that sounds snobby, there are always exceptions but its pretty much a general rule.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast