Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Anyone heard of these??

I seen an advert in local newspaper for PC Engineers course with these people.. Scheidegger Training..

Thing is I've rung them up and some advisor came to my house, gave me all the jargon.. He says the course costs £1600 which they will fund through a loan but I need to pay an enrolement fee of £50..

Just asking if anyone on the forum has dealt with these people b4 I hand over some spondoolies!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol get self taught m8 save your cash pc's r piss

Thanks
    Karma Level

you can learn most all you need to right here!! you just need to ask the right questions

wiz

Thanks
    Karma Level

Christ! What are they going to teach you? That's about 8 weeks take home to a PC World engineer, and the "qualification" will probably mean as much.

If you've got £1600 to burn, give it to me and I'll give you six months intensive on the job training (wages not included!)

Thanks
    Karma Level

I know how to build PC's, just need the qualification as I want to start up my own business. Also networking is involved in the course which I know nothing about..

Thanks
    Karma Level

I know how to build PC's, just need the qualification as I want to start up my own business. Also networking is involved in the course which I know nothing about..

Check out their website:

www.multimedia-company.co.uk

Thanks
    Karma Level

The IT industry is particularly tough at the moment. A lot of IT professionals are moving onto manual positions, electricians/plumbers etc as there are no abundance if IT positions.

What with a lot of programming/software engineering work being sent to indian contractors who undercut the UK and US, the Indian contractors are now being undercut by the Cuban contractors and they in turn are being under cut by Cambodian contractors.

The moneys just not being spent in IT at the moment mate, hardware/networks/software all cut back to a minimum.

Best advice if you want to learn about networks, but 4 or so old PC and a hub. Install linux and set up networks.

People on here especially Aido and PegasusTeam have a phenominal amount of experience in networking, and will help you when you get problems.

A decent book and the hands on experience will cost far less that that course and you will gain far more.

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you wish to obtain a nationally recognised qualification then contact your local college of further education and see what they have to offer.

You will gain much more benefit from a college based course than from one of those distance learning courses. Most of those companies are there to make money and you will pay through the nose.

ABCMan

as rob says, get to your local college f you want a qualification rather than use one of those companies

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by WTD
    People on here especially Aido and PegasusTeam have a phenominal amount of experience in networking, and will help you when you get problems.
    Another 20 quids in the post mate

I know just enough to get me thru the day mate, I'm not in the networking side of things and work with people who are awesome in that arena...

Anyway, as for the training company, take a look at http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=...=Google+Search - doesn't sound too great to be fair.. Why not go to one of the more recommended training providers, I've trained with IBM, HP, Azlan, Parity, Candle, & Spring and they were alright.. The IBM stuff and the HP stuff was more technical, in fact the IBM stuff was frightening!!

I'd have to say I prefer the hands on approach though, never did uni or that shit (dropped out when I broke both knee caps on a stag weekend) and know a little bit about most things which all helps at the end of the day..
    Go shagging in Prague or live it large in Vegas !!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Go to College mate. its a lot cheaper and the qualifications will be better, and you`ll have more of an experience.
    "God is a comedian, playing to an audience who are too afraid to laugh...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Personally i have to agree with WTD here, hands on experience is worth ten times that of class room (you only have to run a CPU for a couple of seconds to realise exactly why they need fans ).

You can listen to a lecturer bang on day n night about computers and networks, learning yourself means you really understand it.

-Bez

Thanks
    Karma Level

"Learning by doing" is an excellent method of learning. However, sound theory begets good practise. It's important that you have a firm foundation of knowledge on which to build.

It's not much use knowing how to do something if you don't know why.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Aido - cheers for that link m8, robbing ba**ards by the looks of it, the guy did come to my house and DID try to convince me to pay £50 enrolement fee there and then..

Glad I didnt, Anyways had a feeling there was something wrong so told to **** off today...

cheers for the info guys..

Maybe these guys should be in the SCAM section..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by daz73
    Maybe these guys should be in the SCAM section..
    aye they sound like a bunch of ****s, maybe they should call themselves shitdigger training?!
    Go shagging in Prague or live it large in Vegas !!