Close

Thread: Bring it back!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bring it back!

Am i the only one who misses the other WWE Titles?!? I agree they had to many belts during the whole invasion gig but now they have like 3 singles titles?! THAT SUCKS! They have a world title for each show and the cruiserweight belt as far as i can see (not including tag belts) and they have a totaly HUGE roster who are never going to get close to world title level, i think they should either bring back the Intercontinental Title (why the hell did they cut that belt???) and maybe the hardcore title to bring back some competition to the lower ranks of the WWE... OR go with the rumoured WCW return and bring back the US and TV titles. There are only 10-12 guys who are considered heavyweight title contenders and bringing back the other belts would give the others something to compete for.

DaveB
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Leader of the NoOb World Order.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It is a good idea but the WWE will have a lot of egg on there face's if they do it. They ditched the belt's rather quickly and with no regard for the past holder's.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I agree, I said this for a long time now.. Smackdown not so bad as it has the cruiserweight belt but RAW is goosed as its only got the one belt and the reigning holder dont want to let go of it..

So where does that leave the rest!!!

Bring back the US Title, As long as you dont have Jim Duggan winning it, I think things will be fine..

Also think that the HC title should make a return as it was always good for entertainment value..

Thanks
    Karma Level

They would look pretty stupid if they bring back the titles so soon, but if they give Shane O Mac RAW they could blame Bischoff for his decision to scrap formely the second most prestigious title in the company! Then Shane could lay it on thick about the history of the IC belt and show the previous champions (its sum damn list!) Then they could hold a tournament to crown the new IC champ, would equal ratings in my book!

Also i agree with bringing back the HC Title, as long as they give it a bit of respect and not just turn it into a joke again, man if i see Crash holly with a damn title ever again....!

DaveB
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Leader of the NoOb World Order

Thanks
    Karma Level

i totally agree with you DaveB, a ic tournament would be good, and i think that shane should take over and maybe bischoff making a faction or something along those lines, could be good.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It won't be long now till Shane come's back, the Bischoff administration angle including Chief Morely is getting really dull. How many weeks do we have to watch Kane\RVD v Storm\Morely\Regal. It is boring and Kane is now a joke, nobody look's at him like they used too. As for RVD he is wasted and ahs been now for along time, he must have upset someone backstage.

Thanks
    Karma Level

the only title i really miss is the hardcore belt i think they should have one for each show raw and smackdown

then perhaps we can see more of the holly brothers and al snow etc

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The Hardcore matches never really did anything for me. The hardcore belt was only introduced due to the success of ECW - it weas something to try and attract fans back who had switched to ECW because of the more extreme content.

It wasn't even a great title - i mean how can someone like Crash Holly win it something like 18 times in total? To have made it effective and valued it would have needed people who actually look tough - someone like Ken Shamrock would have been great as a hardcore champion.

I think that another title is needed on RAW - something to act as a stepping stone for some of the midcard guys. There is nothing to enable them to do this anymore - King of the RIng is gone - thats always been the stepping stone for the winner (the obvious exceptions being billy gunn and mabel lol). the IC title was also a stepping stone - currently there is nothing to allow these midcarders/upper midcarders to make that final step to main eventing.