Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Vince's Nostalgia Theory

Numerous sources are reporting that Vince McMahon is firm on the idea that nostalgia is the key to bringing back fans.
    There are talks that he wants to sign whomever he can that was a big name in the past.
    Specifically, some are saying that if Vince can come up with a money idea, he will consider signing Ultimate Warrior.
    As for bringing back the WCW or Nitro names since WWE now has tons of popular ex-WCW stars, Vince is apparently still dead set against such an idea.

I think this idea can be good and bad, although i love all the old wrestlers and the comebacks of the likes of Michaels (i know that was a while ago) and Bill Goldberg have made wrestling that bit more interesting.
    This could seriously kill the younger talent, mainly in raw i'd say, making the likes of christian and test, just jobbers there to be beaten constantly.
    I know i've been proved wrong by John Cena getting a push on smackdown, but thats why i said mainly on raw, but what do you guys think?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I still don't understand the John Cena push as he can't wrestle and is a poor worker. Bring ing back the older talent (minus Hogan) is working from my point of view. Look at Piper's pit, it's hilarious and has brought Sean O'Haire back into the frame. They should really consider back the Intercontinental belt, to utilize the like's of Christian, Steiner GoldDust.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, 4-way dance cruiserwweight match's for Smackdown. Why have all these cruisers and not use them?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have to totally disagree about Cena, i think hes excellent and i think when you see him get some propper in ring time (not just rapping and talking trash!) you will be suprised by how good a worker he is, ive been tracking his progress since he was "the prototype of the perfect man" in OVW a couple of years ago and ive always thought he would go straight to the top of the business, he wont beat Brock this time but he will be champ one day. As for his rapper gimmik, at first i thought it was awful but its really grown on me and some of the stuff he comes out with is really really funny if you listen to it. Now onto nostalgia...

I think bringing Piper back is a good idea and also finally pushing o'haire is a great thing, but Superfly?!?! Dont get me wrong, much love for the superfly splash and his high flying stylee but come on the guy looks older than Flair! Hes always been a wooden actor and his inring skills are all but gone (anyone remember him fighting on Nitro 3-4 years ago? HE SUCKED THEN!) , if your going to bring a few older guys back, do it with guys that still got it like Sting, Savage... and if you could get him in shape JAKE THE SNAKE ROBERTS! Now he was a god! But i really dont need to see Snuka,George Steel or the god damn iron sheik parading around the place!

However when the WWE wasted perfectly good talent like Raven, D'Lo,Ron Killings to name but a few (the list goes on and on!) why would they bring old guys back who the now established stars like HHH,Rock,Lesner ets would refuse to job to anyway? I think you will see some old guys but only as PPV one off special matches.

DaveB
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Leader of the NoOb World Order

Thanks
    Karma Level

Jake "The Smack-Head" Roberts...he'd be lucky!! Rumours are still rife for Sting's in-ring return...only time will tell.

Thanks
    Karma Level
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Lee - we will never agree on Cena lol
    Been saying for a while now that the guy is gonna be a future main-eventer, that the guy has talent etc. Looks like hes finally getting a decent push.

Thats what wrestling is all about- would be boring if we all liked the same people lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Exactly m8! I really don't like his character or in-ring ability. Maybe this will change with time amd with his push.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

you hating man u is good enough for me buddy

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think Cena is not bad, his rapping really got on my nerves in the beginning but since WM, I think it gets funnier by the day.. Didnt expect him to beat Benoit fairly ( as if)

As for the older talent, Forget Warrior!! the guys been said to be the worst worker in the business, bring back the worthy guys, Jake ( sorry but the man is a genius - who gave Austin the 3:16 catchphrase..), Sting, Vadar, Macho Man

Sean OHaire is top talent for the WWE, I was pissed off when they kept Palumbo and got demoted Ohaire to OVW. His Seanton Bomb is fantastic..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sean O' Haire is class but i didnt realise he was as old as he was, in WCW i thought he was really young when he broke onto the scene with Mark Jindrak, i know he's like 30 now but it still surprised me.