Close

Thread: A bad start ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default A bad start ?

Hey all,

Having a strange problem while trying to dig out my boxkey. Picked up a 4000-N from eBay, with paired card. Card appears to be a ROM11 - not a problem, I can program fun.

Anyways, modded my v4 MiniSDK so I can read the ROM10/11s properly and get an ATR. Put the MiniSDK into Phoenix mode manually by issuing a $]. Ran BoxgetPC2... Card shows up as:

DNASP011 RevB08 (Rom 11, as predicted)

BoxgetPC2 grabbed the CAM id, but didn't get the Boxkey. Got the following message: 'Error obteniendo ID de provider'

Tried reading the card in NagraEdit too, ATR goes OK, but I then get:

ROM Revision: 011
    EEPROM Revision: RevB08
    Error, unsupported card type

I've done a search for info on RevB08 and tried to dig up as much info as possible on Rom11's.

I do have a copy of the Nagraload DB, but nothing corresponding to all the details I have (IRD, CAM, MAC addr etc..) comes up with anything (didn't expect it to - it is a 4000!)

I'd appreciate any help anyone might be able to offer me. I might attempt a Scart -> RS232 job if someone can provide me with a proven schematic.

Cheers,
    sub.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i would try a phoenix progger first m8 i have a few proggers and they all act different also heres a schematic i doubt it will help yo though

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hello mate.

Sorry to say but i feel that the Rom 10 or 11's backdoor has been locked by ntl sending a signal to your box which in turn told the card to lock itself.

This is done so that we cant get box keys and we have to read the chips on board the box instead.

Sometimes boxes that have not been plugged into a cable fedd before 3 months wont have backdoors locked.

Sometimes ntl will send a fake box key to a box that has been dissonected by ntl from the network.

Other boxes have been plugged in to ntl live signal and a signal been sent to disable the backdoor.

There are programs to find backdoors but nothing sophiscated enough to actually do every single one. in fact you have a beter chace winning the lottery.

Depends on what card it is and the strings on them. Most of them as in 99.9% of the cards that have backrood locked will never be unlocked.

Only a program called space twister, (spacetwister.com) i think unlocks this but is very expensive.

Best thing to do is to you a willem programmer (willem.org) and learn how to take chips on and off. can be difficult for someone with little solder experience and in my opinion not something for someone with little experience to try and you will most probabkly end up damaging your box.

Other alternative is to practice on boards or get someone to read your chips obviously by taking them out. What box have you got by the way. Just want to know if you have one or two chips inside.

If you boot up your box into engineering menu, check the software version on the first or second page. (depends what box), most often on first page. Look at the version.

Will either be CR1 (rarely) CR2 or CR3.

If you have a CR2 version it may be possible to use libdebug to get the box key. IF you have a 1000 or 2000 box it may be possible to get the key from someone who has the database. PM me with your IRD if you have a 1000 or 2000 and I will check for you.

If you have CR3 then forget using libdebug. Wont work. Sometimes cr2 doesnt allow you to get boxkey details.

Tell me what steps you want to try and what box you have got and I will try and help you further.

Got to go and eat chicken burger now. lol

Later

Ooops just checked your post again and says you have 4000.
    That means you have one chip. You cant get key from database. that gets rulled out. Check in engineering menu for cr2 or cr3. let me know.

please dont plug your box into live cable feed. if it is cr2 theres a good chace it will update to cr3 unless youve done a mod to it, which i dont think you have at the stage that you are at.

dont worry youll be able to and hopefully we will get your box working.

PS. Nagra edit wont read cards if backdoors have been disabled. and box to get as well. Your box key will be left blank and youll get an error message hence why i think your backdoor is disabled.

best to program a fun and forget the rom 10 or 11 you got with box. Rom 11 is not writable anyway. And theres notning wrong with your minisdk v4.00. I have one modded and it reads cards that are not disabled fine. i get same error with cards that have been disabled. Most cards these days are disableed now mate.

Minisdk is a good programmer, and will read your cards should backdoors be open.
    Last edited by moh24uk; 7th May 2003 at 01:15 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

also the thing is? you bought box off ebay? i wonder if the persons that sold it also had same prob?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Doh, CR3...

Not entirely sure how long the box/card has been out of stream. Pulling the data from the Atmel is too risky/complicated for me.

Ah well,
    Cheers,
    sub.

Thanks
    Karma Level

YA WONT GET NO INFO FROM YA CARD M8 NO MATTER HOW YA TRY AS IT IS A REV B08 .Sorry for caps!
    ooops!

Thanks
    Karma Level

you got to be carful on ebay now as most of the cards are getting locked so unless you have the gear to read atmels its gonna get difficult and some of these boxes are going for silly money so if your gonna buy one mail them and ask them to put eng menus and see what the rev of the card is it could save a lot of hassle in the long run. I would say the best bet is to go for the 1000's (if your on that network) if you cant read the card at least bk might be in the database

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Wot we need is a copy of that spacetwister software :-)

I think its hardware as well tho :-(

Someone must have it ?

oE.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't think the spacetwister software does a3c m8..

eezzee