Close

ABCMan

n-gauge finaly shown

well it had to happen, nokia finaly showed its n-gauge running, how bad is it? well, imaging microsoft trying to make a games console

the display was poor and the demo games were jerky, for a realy cool feature you have to remove the battery to change games, the mem card slot is with the sim under the battery

as a console its at best poor, the controler is dreadfull and the buttons are hard to use at best (think a bad jaguar pad), you look a complete twat with it to your ear (try holding your gba/gp32 to your ear and look in a mirror, then make it thicker and bigger.

how to ruin someones game, call them whilst they are playing, it auto pauses, then as soon as they put it to their ear hang up, it auto unpauses and they will surely lose a life before they get chance to get it back to handheld position, nice touch needing an adaptor to play stereo and a mono hands free too, oh dear, oh dear.

n-gauge later this year (£250), psp early 2005 (est £180) or gp32 & gba now, less cost, less size,more games and decent software.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

LOL good and honest review. I bet Jorma Ollila would love to read it
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”

Thanks
    Karma Level

I saw it at SCoRE 2003 in London last month and was distinctly unimpressed.

I played some platform game which was out on the PS1 ages ago and whilst it was pseudo 3D and looked ok it was so unresponsive it was unplayable.

As for Sony's PSP (or as it will be know "We've put everything that we can think of including the kitchen sink in it") it will be too heavy, low on battery life, too big and far too expensive. But because it has a Sony badge it will no doubt sell well.

The GBA is dead, long live the SP
    I feel the need, the need for speed. ;-)