Close

Thread: The Basics...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default The Basics...

Okay, i'll apologise in advance for this...

I'm a farily competent programmer, who's looking to learn the basics of web security, and conversley hacking/cracking. I understand how websites are put together, and how web servers operate, and was wondering whether any of the more competent/experienced users on here could either point me to some good guides/articles, or give me a few tips of their own...

I realise this is probably asked every other day, but i have tried searching the web (Using things like astalavista etc.), but have found the articles pitched either WAY to low (how to connect to a remote PC's NetBIOS port, assuming they have opened it up with an unpassworded share and you know their IP) or Too High/Too specific

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry mate, probably me being a moron, but i've read most of the old threads and can't put together much. Basically, i'm looking ofr way to connect to a PC, discovery of Services / Filestructure how to crack NetBIOS share passwords / How to get into a PC with NetBIOS disabled, and conversley, how to stop/ minimize the chances of this happening to me, i'm hoping that if i learn how do to that, then some of the articles / tips on here and astalavista will become more useful, and make more sense to my (shockingly poor) mind