Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Dvd Backup Software??

Getting ready to purchase a dvd burner. Was wondering if you still had to fttp your console to make backups?? Dont have broadband, was wondering if this could be a problem? Is there software just to make backups of your games without fttp'ing your console, think since I dont have broadband whole mod thing might be a washout for me?? Point me in the right direction guys.
    thanx meats

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Slayers

If you use slayers it will install HDD loader - thats is what you need

Thanks
    Karma Level

already have hdd loader, didnt instal slayers though, heard you have to be careful when you upload it, might mess up your bios or something. What I am looking for is some software that will let me use a dvd burner to back up the games without fttp'ing my console, 56k internet here. Anything like that???

Thanks
    Karma Level

m8 your totally confused by the looks of things you dont need to have a dsl connection only a nic card fitted to your pc. They are dirt cheap.

http://pcmag.pricegrabber.com/search...559d5dc09dfafb

something like that and a cat5 cable and your away m8. Then you just use an ftp programme like flashfxp and you can copy games to your pc and burn using RecordMaxNow or simular burning software.

Whoever told you that about bios and uploading is talking rubbish m8.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

im not sure what the orig poster means, are you wanting to back up originals to dvdr or copied you already have?

If you want to backup originals then yes you do have to rip the orig to the xbox drive and then transfer to your PC from which you then burn to a dvdr.

If your just talkin about already backed up games on dvdr then you can just image them in your pc dvd drive and burn the image.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanx guys, have flashfxp, used it to upload new bios and dashboard. And yes to want to backup originals. Is really the only way to load game to hdd on console then connect with flashfxp, to get the info to your dvd burner via network? Am confused, but, my brother and I both have mod'd boxes and we are going in on halves for a dvd burner, but I have to do all the programming and ripping and stuff, due to the fact that my bro isn't that familiar on how all this stuff worx. Just need to make sure before we go out and spend a mint for a dvd burner. Set me straight guys, do I need to persue investing in a dvd burner, when all the internet connection I have is a measly 56k, cuz if I'm supposed to put game on box's hdd and transfer via network to computer and burner with 56k, then I'm screwd. Please help me out here guys, most of the success I have heard in the forums is aid'd by dvd burners, broadband, and hdd upgrades to their consoles.
    brothers drive phillips
    mine thompson
    brothers chip x2 lite
    my chip x2 2.1 lite
    evox 3752-hdd loader
    If you dont mind what brands of dvd burners are good for the money....thanx again guys.....meats...

Thanks
    Karma Level

you wont do better in price an quality than a pioneer a05 .

http://digital-forums.com//forum/sho...hreadid=177775

hes reduced the price to 89 quid + VAT now

www.playstationmods.com/cdwriters.htm
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

Thanks
    Karma Level

So this means that if I get a dvd burner, I will be able to make backups of my originals without having trouble because of my handicap (56k modem)? Can use x-software, had to get my chip going with new bios, flash bios...flashfxp, getting familiar with the proggies out there, so you guys think that I wont have a problem then? Will chek availability of pioneer, there is a spinoff company called "Cendyne" anyone heard of them, heard that they have the guts of the Pioneer's in them or something like that. Convince me that my worries will be over when I purchase the burner......thanx again guys you are a big help

long live the forums....meats

Thanks
    Karma Level

Get a pioneer a05 then if you install the hacked firware on it you can use 1x speed blanks to burn at 2x speed. If you buy it from playstationmods.com (Raptors place) the firmware (hacked) is already installed.

Youll still need to install a network card in your pc though m8.

Once again you 56k connection doesnt make a shite worth of difference as your internet connection isnt in anyway involved in transfering the files from xbox to pc. Its network m8 .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanx for the info m8, hope they do international orders. I a from the states and e-mailed them for a conversion of the amount for the dvd writer. Hope everything goes smooth, need writer and looks like they have a good deal with their dvd media as well. I dont understand English currency though. Hope those blank dvd discs are "Thompson" compatible. Thanx for all your help, and if "RAPTOR" could help me with the transaction with the dvd burner, I will order one with some discs to get me started, looks like a very legit site. Thanx again m8, and appreciate all the help......meats

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by MEATHEAD
    there is a spinoff company called "Cendyne" anyone heard of them, heard that they have the guts of the Pioneer's in them or something like that.
    A few different companies use the A05/105 drive. Sony and Apple are two good examples. If you manage to get hold of certain models you can flash the firmware to make it a TRUE A05/105.

Go to http://pioneerdvd.rpc1.org to find out which models are compatible
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Is this one going to give me any problems????

PIONEER INTERNAL ATAPI DVD-RECORDABLE MODEL DVR-A05SPK3 (DVR-A05)- RETAIL
    Specifications:
    InferfaceATA/ATAPI-5, MMC3, SFFC INF8090 Ver. 5)
    Buffer: 2MB Write, 512KB Read Buffer
    Access Time (Random Average) DVD: 200 Msec, CD: 180 Msec
    Write Support :
    DVD-R: 4X (Requires 4X DVD-R Media), 2X, 1X
    DVD-RW: 2X(Requires 2X DVD-RW Media), 1X
    CD-R: 16X, 12X, 8X, 4X
    CD-RW: 8X, 4X
    Read Support:
    DVD-ROM (Single): Max 12X CAV
    DVD-ROM (Dual): Max 8X CAV
    DVD-R, DVD-RW: Max 6X CAV
    CD-ROM: Max 32X CAV
    CD-R, CD-RW: Max 32X CAV
    CD-DA: Max 32X CAV
    Video-CD: 4X CLV more info>
    This is the model I am considering ordering. What do you think about it???? its about 220 dollars american. Would appreciate your input and thanx again for everyone's help here, the more you speak the more I listen. meats.

Thanks
    Karma Level

$220!!!! Buy from playstationmods.com they have a Pioneer 105/A05 clone that can be flashed to actually BE a 105/A05 for just under £100!!! That's around $160 if my math is correct. Even with the international shipping it's a hulluva lot cheaper than $220
    DF Moderator

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Where the hell is "Raptor" at??

If the site is so jolly, when do I expect a return e-mail?? Kinda freaky to order international, never really done that before, dont want to get burnt ya know. Would like to get this plan together. What would a cheaper alternative be? Would like to backup movies as well as games, I have been shopping a www.newegg.com you should give them a looksie to give me some guidance and not let me flush my bread down the crapper you know, lend a brother some assistance will ya, before I jump the gun and blow my wad at new egg and not be happy with my purchase. What I mean to say is where else can I get a good deal on-line in the states? Anyone here have any suggestions???? Thanx a buttload......meats...the american...

Thanks
    Karma Level

playstationmods.com is the brainchild of Raptor who runs these forums. I have bought plenty of stuff from them in the past as have many other people here.

They are trust-worthy. They also run http://www.xboxmods.com
    DF Moderator